I think we saw enough of Geno. Time for petty

funaz

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're right, he sucks worse. He fumbled and threw an int in the same drive. A feat the Mighty Bearded Warrior has only had wet dreams about..

yup.  sure.  Fitz was lights out compared to Geno. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool, well, you got the disaster of a season you wanted, so you could be right on the internet. Except, that Geno sucks just as bad still. So... it's kind of a push. 

But don't let that reality infringe on the victory lap for you guys. 1-5 WOOHOOOOO!!!! AWESOME FANS!!!!! 

It obvious the team would struggle; just not this bad.  That is why I had no problem with Geno and Petty competing for starting quarterback.  I did not account for Bowles showing no coaching ability what so ever. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not my style. 

Geno looked like dogsh*t, as expected. We're in a bad place as a football team. If you want to pretend the reality is something else, that's cool. That's the world you live in.

I'm not going to do the research because I'm buzzed and don't care enough but I'm pretty sure Geno got more first down in a series than Fitz got in a half.  If you want to say that he looked like dogsh-t with no 1st team reps and incorrectly thrust into a game down 25 then have at it.  I know what I know. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm not going to do the research because I'm buzzed and don't care enough but I'm pretty sure Geno got more first down in a series than Fitz got in a half.  If you want to say that he looked like dogsh-t with no 1st team reps and incorrectly thrust into a game down 25 then have at it.  I know what I know. 

Anything less than 100% perfect conditions = not Geno's fault.

Some things never change.

Some of our wonderful, well informed fans complain when Geno doesn't get to play.

He gets to play, fumbles, throws an INT and is ineffective.

Some of those same wonderful, well informed fans say "not Geno's fault" because things were anything less than 100% perfect for him.

Same as always.

57 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This place is going to be near-suicidal when it realizes Petty is a career backup. 

Yes but then we can live blog about Hack's throwing mechanic changes. Such an exciting time in year two of a franchise QBs career.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Some of our wonderful, well informed fans complain when Geno doesn't get to play.

Some of those same wonderful, well informed fans say "not Geno's fault" because things were anything less than 100% perfect for him.

Same as always.

Throw Lucas, Westoff, and Cascadden in your rant.  They all just said Geno should start and the pick was definitely excusable.

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not my style. 

Geno looked like dogsh*t, as expected. We're in a bad place as a football team. If you want to pretend the reality is something else, that's cool. That's the world you live in.

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Same as always.

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Throw Lucas, Westoff, and Cascadden in your rant.  They all just said Geno should start and the pick was definitely excusable.

http://i.imgur.com/qYcL7wG.gif

If there are more reports surfacing from practice that Petty is starting to get more Reps and split them with Geno, the writing is on the wall AT Cleveland for a QB change. 

Fans demanding for Geno or Petty to start give me flashbacks of the 95-97 season when fans demanded Reich, Brister, and Foley to start along with the glorious 1999 to bench Rick Mirer - a PERFECT example of WHERE Bowles learned to be stubborn in regards to the QB position 

The entire offensive gameplan needs an overhaul if fitz is out at QB. this team has WR's and needs to open things up and start stretching the field 

Geno cant throw deep any more accirately yhan Fitz. Geno does best in 5-7 yard range.

Sent from mTalk

yup.  sure.  Fitz was lights out compared to Geno. 

We've seen what gen does. He started more games than Fitz has. He is already proven to not be the answer.

We now have to prove petty is not the answer so we can continue our never ending search for a qb

Sent from mTalk

If you're gloating over being right that Fitz is bad and then your answer is to start Geno, bc he'll be better,  then you're an idiot. How people think Geno can still be a legit starter in this league is beyond. The fact of the matter is that Petty should be next up bc that experience will make him better and will allow the Jets to find out if there's anything there. We already know the answer on Geno and Fitz and to suggest otherwise is asinine. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If you're gloating over being right that Fitz is bad and then your answer is to start Geno, bc he'll be better,  then you're an idiot. How people think Geno can still be a legit starter in this league is beyond. The fact of the matter is that Petty should be next up bc that experience will make him better and will allow the Jets to find out if there's anything there. We already know the answer on Geno and Fitz and to suggest otherwise is asinine. 

If Petty should be next then why did they keep Geno? 

4 minutes ago, August said:

If Petty should be next then why did they keep Geno? 

Geno was kept in case Fitz got hurt and the Jets were still in the playoff picture they wanted an experienced backup to take over. But now that they're not going to the playoffs there is zero upside to starting Geno at this point and zero downside to starting Petty.  It's time to finally do this right and evaluate players during the season instead of guessing next off season on how Petty will be. After this failure of a season if they don't go into the off season knowing what they have at the QB position for next season then they all deserve to be fired. 

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

End of his contract and the only other guy on the roster with NFL experience--not an awful option at backup.

Fine but then if (going by the logic) you are going to skip him for the 3rd stringer if the season is lost then why keep him? Can't be "not an awful option at backup" if you feel he needs to be skipped over without getting a chance.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Geno was kept in case Fitz got hurt and the Jets were still in the playoff picture they wanted an experienced backup to take over. But now that they're not going to the playoffs there is zero upside to starting Geno at this point and zero downside to starting Petty.  It's time to finally do this right and evaluate players during the season instead of guessing next off season on how Petty will be. After this failure of a season if they don't go into the off season knowing what they have at the QB position for next season then they all deserve to be fired. 

That doesn't make sense in my opinion and here is why. If Petty is your "future" then he should be getting those backup reps that Geno gets in order to help his development. If we're still in playoff contention then fine you hope he's ready to play. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

myherofitz_zpskqsrjojk.jpg

For all the crap we give Ryan Fitzpatrick, just look at Geno Smith's numbers.

SAR I

Your trolling has become seriously tiresome. Fitz is complete shiit. Geno was brought into a no win situation yer you want to defend the weakest armed and least accurate POS QB in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Actually it was just the Geno era that ended tonight.

Fitz is starting again next week.

unfortunately (and in true Jets fashion) there is no savior in this year's draft. We managed to (potentially) get a top pick sandwiched between two promising draft classes.

Go figure.

Geno is who he is (I think most of us realize that at this stage), but I can't kill the guy for the pick or the fumble. It was 4th and 11 and they were down by 3 scores. It was actually a pretty good pass, but Honey Badger made a nice play, it is what it is. 

I suspect that Fitzpatrick's play is demoralizing both the offense and the defense. Bowles has to make a drastic change soon. I acknowledge the value of being a steady hand during difficult times, but continuing to trot out Fitzpatrick is sending all the wrong messages to the team at this stage. 

Bottom line, when you have 3 other young QBs on the roster, there is no excuse to continue to start the NFLs worst starting quarterback, who is in his 30s and on essentially a one year contract. 

I do not blame Geno for the INT.  4th and 11 you have to throw it at somebody.  And he had a drop just before that.  But that fumble, holding the ball down on his hip, was pure Geno. H ewill never learn.  Was nice for a couple of plays to actually see a QB who could hit a receiver in stride, though.  With some zip on the ball.

You guys who want Petty to play have to remember that he's coming back from an injury. I'd like to see Petty also, but I don't think the Jets want to rush him into the starting lineup until he gets a few weeks of practice reps under his belt.

In the meantime I do think Geno should be given a look. He should at the very least, get a game to see what he can do. Unless the Jets have already made up their minds on him.

Archived