Leberfeld: Geno not prepping to play

AFJF

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Agreed. I'd rather see Powell and the play calling all season has been mind numbingly terrible. I really doubt a QB switch is going to change the number of men in the box. I don't care how strong the other arms are, everyone knows you can blitz Geno all day and he'll come unraveled. And if it's Petty, you make him show something before you drop any kind of guys off the LOS.

I dont think so either.  Granted, I think Geno at least presents the option to hit down field unlike Fitz.  That said, it doesnt mean you dont make the change.  You 100% make the change. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

myherofitz_zpskqsrjojk.jpg

The statistics say Ryan Fitzpatrick continues to be our best option until Bryce Petty is ready.

That's two opportunities the last two seasons Geno Fitzpatrick had to win a game we desperately needed and he failed both times.

SAR I

You call what they gave him last night an opportunity? Down 28-3 with 6 minutes to go when the entire football world knew that we were going pass? That's an opportunity? No. An opportunity is letting him get 1st string reps this week and having him start next Sunday. BTW I know he threw an interception but he did complete some nice passes and he has a much stronger arm than Fitz and can make all the throws. We are 1-5 and going nowhere. I say give him a shot next Sunday but knowing Todd "Braindead" Bowles Fitz will be the starter.

It's still a shock to me that we are carrying 4 QBs

A vet the whole team wanted that has totally lost it.

A backup who is the same person and Qb he was when he came into the league, petulant, error prone garbage

A 3rd string guy they traded up to get in the 4th round that the team doesn't seem to be grooming for anything.

A garbage waste of a 2nd round pick that will be holding a clip board for two more years before he sees the filed if ever.

We have the Mount Rushmore of quack QB's

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A backup who is the same person and Qb he was when he came into the league, petulant, error prone garbage

A 3rd string guy they traded up to get in the 4th round that the team doesn't seem to be grooming for anything.

A garbage waste of a 2nd round pick that will be holding a clip board for two more years before he sees the filed if ever.

Absolutely ridiculous the amount of hate that Hack gets. Garbage waste of a pick? He hasn't even played a single snap yet.

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

Forte is shot.  He's done.  Powell is so much better it's not even funny.  To their defense, they're both also seeing 9 in the box.  Not just 8.  9!!!!  Why?  Because the QB is awful.  It impacts the run game.

Gailey's playcalling this year has been just awful. I have no idea why they are running Forte so much when Powell has been the better runner almost every down he's touched the ball. 

12 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Absolutely ridiculous the amount of hate that Hack gets. Garbage waste of a pick? He hasn't even played a single snap yet.

Its so easy for the "experts" here to take shots at the young unproven QB's. There's such a small % of those Qb's who ever blossom into stars.  And if they do, the bashers have the cop out of, well I'm glad I was wrong. That's what's wrong with the social media craze. Its so easy to say whatever you want without having to worry about reprisal. 

18 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

It's interesting how the less players play the better they are eh?

He played snaps, lot  of them in college where he was totally meh, in combine workouts when he was meh and in pre season and camp where he looked good on one drive and was utterly horrible the rest of the time.

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

I think its great that he wants to play, its the way he went about it that was the problem.  Pacing back and forth was quite immature and surely not the way to gain the respect of his teammates.  T.O. and Keyshawn were crucified for acting like that in the past - yet they were QBs who should show they can control their emotions and remain cool.

I did however, love the things Geno said in the post game press conference.  It was the most mature he has ever sounded.

The season is over.  May as well start Geno or Petty at this juncture.  Fitz can sit on the sidelines and count his money.as next year he will be retired.

I have no problem with someone pacing back and forth in a game that was played that badly.  If he's standaing alone he's an immature baby who no one likes.  If he paces like a fan with every mistake he's immature.  If he wants to get a stab at playing he's immature.  Seems sometimes just because we don't like the guy that we look too deep into it

Just now, PCP63 said:

I did see him. Still don't understand.

Ok - he was horrible his last 3 years at Penn St.  If Mac would have waited, he could have drafted him a lot, A LOT later in the draft.  

So, what do we get with the pick?  Someone who sits for probably 2 years and when they get the chance, probably won't pan out.  It was a luxury pick when we couldn't afford one.

That's why I hate him.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

If you saw him play his finally 3 years at Penn St., you'd understand why.

So tell me about that Penn State Football program those last 3 years. I must have been asleep in a cave somewhere because:

1) Didn't Hack's HC (O'Brien) leave for the Pros along With Allen Robinson

2) Wasn't there a scandal that rocked the program and resulted in numerous defections to other schools.

3) Didn't James Frankiln mess with this kids head by altering his mechanics and footwork.

4) Didn't PSU's OLine resemble like tissue paper

Yet, everyone expects Hack to perform like Andrew Luck at Stanford.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Forte is shot.  He's done.  Powell is so much better it's not even funny.  To their defense, they're both also seeing 9 in the box.  Not just 8.  9!!!!  Why?  Because the QB is awful.  It impacts the run game.

I did literally start manically laughing when they opened the 2nd half with 2 dives for Forte.  It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  Could you imagine that half time conversation after scripting those 2 plays up????

This so much fun! 

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

If you saw him play his finally 3 years at Penn St., you'd understand why.

The above 3 posts really point at our GM.   I had (still do, I think) high hopes for MAC.  His resume and breadth of experience are solid. Yet he has yet to show an ability to evaluate talent and pick it at the right spot.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

You do need to stop reading the stat lines and calling these games decent.

Fitz can't get the team in the end zone. The league caught up to what the Jets were doing last year. It is over.

Both Fitz and Geno are not part of our future.  Petty needs to start, as soon as possible.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So tell me about that Penn State Football program those last 3 years. I must have been asleep in a cave somewhere because:

1) Didn't Hack's HC (O'Brien) leave for the Pros along With Allen Robinson

2) Wasn't there a scandal that rocked the program and resulted in numerous defections to other schools.

3) Didn't James Frankiln mess with this kids head by altering his mechanics and footwork.

4) Didn't PSU's OLine resemble like tissue paper

Yet, everyone expects Hack to perform like Andrew Luck at Stanford.

and yet he took him in the 2nd round when he didn't need to.....hey maybe the kid pans out, maybe he doesn't but again, we can't afford luxury picks and this was one.

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

If you think that was a decent night, you have very, very low standards.  Fitz was a steaming pile of horsesh*t.  Between his flutterballs and 30 foot high passes, no QB on this team can be any worse. 

Twas being sarcastic.

The reason we are in this mess is because Geno Smith busted, not because a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years is playing like a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

and yet he took him in the 2nd round when he didn't need to.....hey maybe the kid pans out, maybe he doesn't but again, we can't afford luxury picks and this was one.

And if he waited til the 3rd and someone took hm ahead of the Jets, they'd be lambasted for passing on a possible franchise qb instead of taking another Dlineman from Moorehead St in teh 2nd.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The offense has produced 2 TD's in the last 4 weeks.  They've scored, 3, 10, 13 and 3 points respectively in their last 4 games and the people complaining about Fitz are using him as a scapegoat?

lmfao - you cant make this up.

Let's try this again:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a 34 year old JAG on his 6th team in 11 years who has never won an important road game and shouldn't even be on the team if not for Geno Smith's epic bust.  Here is the gameplan, this is what's supposed to be going on:

Our defense is supposed to be Top 3, our DL is supposed to be Top 2, our Secondary is our weak link but is supposed to be propped up by a ferocious pass rush.  On offense, our running game is supposed to open the door for our passing game where our talented WR's are supposed to make plays for our limited quarterback who is here to plug the dyke that's leaking because Geno Smith didn't live up to expectations and our young prospects aren't ready.  Chan Gailey is supposed to be a big win as an OC and Todd Bowles is supposed to come into his own after the rookie jitters.

None of this is happening.  None of it.  So all this talk about Ryan Fitzpatrick is ridiculous, it's like 90% of the conversation when it's only 10% of the problem.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's try this again:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a 34 year old JAG on his 6th team in 11 years who has never won an important road game and shouldn't even be on the team if not for Geno Smith's epic bust.  Here is the gameplan, this is what's supposed to be going on:

Our defense is supposed to be Top 3, our DL is supposed to be Top 2, our Secondary is our weak link but is supposed to be propped up by a ferocious pass rush.  On offense, our running game is supposed to open the door for our passing game where our talented WR's are supposed to make plays for our limited quarterback who is here to plug the dyke that's leaking because Geno Smith didn't live up to expectations and our young prospects aren't ready.  Chan Gailey is supposed to be a big win as an OC and Todd Bowles is supposed to come into his own after the rookie jitters.

None of this is happening.  None of it.  So all this talk about Ryan Fitzpatrick is ridiculous, it's like 90% of the conversation when it's only 10% of the problem.

SAR I

So Macc and Bowles both suck because 1 built the team and the other coaches it. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's try this again:

SAR I

Why do you continue to give me these speeches?  I'm well aware of all the problems that plague this team from the sh*tty lost Head Coach to the under performing D.  I'm well aware that Fitz isnt the only problem. 

That doesnt excuse Fitzpatrick from being the worst QB in the league and to continue to be supported by his dumb ass Head Coach.  As bad as the D has been, they've given him and offense numerous opportunities to get these really cool things called TD's.  Fitz and his offense has 2 of them in 4 weeks. 3, 10, 13, 3.  That's your scoring.  So you can point to everything else but this is a QB driven league, where the rules favor passing.  You're defending a QB who cant scan the field, can only throw to his first read and 9 times out of 10, he misses said receiver. 

The neat part about Football is, the team with most points wins. 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, you want to deflect blame from Geno Smith to Ryan Fitzpatrick and it's not going to happen.

You owe us an apology for Geno's bust.

SAR I

This is priceless! Keep it up SAR. Im with you. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So Macc and Bowles both suck because 1 built the team and the other coaches it. 

Maccagnan:  I believe in him and I see his plan and I believe in that too.  He's got a different take on how to find a franchise quarterback and I like it, I like the Petty and Hack gamble, let's see what we've got next season.  He's a scout, he's a player personnel guy, good negotiator, professional, he's what we need.

Bowles:  I am not a fan, the team is not responding, he's a dead man walking unfortunately.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Maccagnan:  I believe in him and I see his plan and I believe in that too.  He's got a different take on how to find a franchise quarterback and I like it, I like the Petty and Hack gamble, let's see what we've got next season.  He's a scout, he's a player personnel guy, good negotiator, professional, he's what we need.

Bowles:  I am not a fan, the team is not responding, he's a dead man walking unfortunately.

SAR I

So you agree with him choosing Hack in the 2nd round when we had so many other glaring needs. 

You agree with the Jets carrying 4 QB's on the roster. 

You agree with him not firing Bowles yet. 

Wow

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Twas being sarcastic.

The reason we are in this mess is because Geno Smith busted, not because a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years is playing like a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years.

SAR I

Got it.  Only one way to go here: Petty!  Unfortunately Bowles doesn't have the cojones to make the move.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

That doesnt excuse Fitzpatrick from being the worst QB in the league and to continue to be supported by his dumb ass Head Coach. 

Yes, it does.

Fitz sucks, but he's not a Ferrari, he can't compete on a race track, and that's what every one is asking him to do when he's a rusty Volkswagen.  Sitting here screaming to the world that our rusty Volkswagen sucks as a race car accomplishes what?  Scream at the Ferrari that's broken and can't get out of the garage because it's that car that should be competing, it's that car that let you down.  Our funny little rusty Volkswagen is doing the best he can, the poor thing.

SAR I

11 hours ago, dcJet said:

This really shows what the coaches think about Geno.

Remember when Sanchez was setting records for sucking and Rex wouldn't let Greg McElroy play?  

Hey unlike Geno, McElroy came in vs the Cardinals and led the team to a VICTORY! :rolleyes: He was then sacked 11 times versus the Chargers and suffered a concussion. Poor GMc

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000104298/Cardinals-vs-Jets-highlights

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes, it does.

Fitz sucks, but he's not a Ferrari, he can't compete on a race track, and that's what every one is asking him to do when he's a rusty Volkswagen.  Sitting here screaming to the world that our rusty Volkswagen sucks as a race car accomplishes what?  Scream at the Ferrari that's broken and can't get out of the garage because it's that car that should be competing, it's that car that let you down.  Our funny little rusty Volkswagen is doing the best he can, the poor thing.

SAR I

That rusty little Volkswagen did pretty well last year but he has been dreadful this year. Scoring was not a problem and they scored 2 TD's in every game last year. A lot of people, including myself, was expecting a year more like last year than this debacle. His performances the last 4 games have been embarrassing and NOBODY expected things to be this bad. The 12 million dollar man who I and many people thought gave this team the best chance to win needs to sit. I don't care who replaces him to be honest.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it does.

SAR I

No, it doesnt.  Nobody is asking Ryan to be Ferrari and calling him Volkswagen is an insult to Volkswagen. 

What good does screaming at the D do?  What good does screaming at the OL do?  What good does screaming at the Head Coach do?  You're acting like words on a message board impact the play on the field.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the NFL.  You cant win when your QB is the worst in the NFL.  Bottom line.

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That rusty little Volkswagen did pretty well last year but he has been dreadful this year. Scoring was not a problem and they scored 2 TD's in every game last year. A lot of people, including myself, was expecting a year more like last year than this debacle. His performances the last 4 games have been embarrassing and NOBODY expected things to be this bad. The 12 million dollar man who I and many people thought gave this team the best chance to win needs to sit. I don't care who replaces him to be honest.

Let me remind you we had the easiest schedule in the NFL last season. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me remind you we had the easiest schedule in the NFL last season. 

I know that. The schedule this year has been brutal but even so, I did not expect Fitz or this defense to be utterly incompetent and embarrass themselves like they have. Todd Bowles, on the other hand, I expected nothing less.

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Hey unlike Geno, McElroy came in vs the Cardinals and led the team to a VICTORY! :rolleyes: He was then sacked 11 times versus the Chargers and suffered a concussion. Poor GMc

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000104298/Cardinals-vs-Jets-highlights

Ugh the Ryan Lindley vs Greg McElroy showdown . That was some stellar offensive football on par with last nights performance.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ugh the Ryan Lindley vs Greg McElroy showdown . That was some stellar offensive football on par with last nights performance.

The low character jets team, basally with permission of the coach all layed down so he could get beat into dust because he actually spoke the truth.  Another blight on this franchise.

Archived