Leberfeld: Geno not prepping to play

AFJF

You don't know what you're talking about. You do know he has players that support him in that locker room right?
I know that the starting QB got knocked out by a defensive fringe player, and that player was not confronted, let alone assaulted, as he left the locker room. I don't know where else that could possibly happen, but I do know it's not a long list. I know that in the aftermath of that punch, a former player that is still close to the organization told me that Geno is the least-liked player that they can recall since - wait for it - Mark Sanchez. A second ex-Jet who was there agreed. And it was not the first time I'd heard that.

And let's not forget several of our most important offensive players boycotted team events in a show of support for signing Fitz, and not going into the season starting Geno.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, dcJet said:

This really shows what the coaches think about Geno.

Remember when Sanchez was setting records for sucking and Rex wouldn't let Greg McElroy play?  

It ultimately resulted in getting Sanchez replaced and Rex later fired?

Sometimes coaches are F'ing stupid.it's not like Bowles is doing a bang up job this year. 

3 minutes ago, isired said:

I know that the starting QB got knocked out by a defensive fringe player, and that player was not confronted, let alone assaulted, as he left the locker room. I don't know where else that could possibly happen, but I do know it's not a long list. I know that in the aftermath of that punch, a former player that is still close to the organization told me that Geno is the least-liked player that they can recall since - wait for it - Mark Sanchez. A second ex-Jet who was there agreed. And it was not the first time I'd heard that.

And let's not forget several of our most important offensive players boycotted team events in a show of support for signing Fitz, and not going into the season starting Geno.

Soap opera sh*t. Gossip is for guys who want to stay anonymous and women.

5 minutes ago, isired said:

Nice to see you post!

An Noooo I have never forgiven you for opposing the WSS!!! :)

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The league has caught up, so is it not on the coaching staff to adjust and put their players in the best position to make plays? It's not as if the offense is going to be run drastically different or play calls will be any different with a change at QB. There are failures at every level of these team and organization. If you want to make Fitz your scape goat, go ahead. It's easy to just yell and complain about the QB, but the roots of this team are rotten. And it's been obvious to anyone paying attention for quite some time. 

Jets fans yelled and complained when it was Geno and we all know the dysfunction from that regime. A GM fired in 2 seasons, damn near every draft pick during that time is off the team, Rex had no influence in qb development or the offense in general, no weapons, Idzik purged the team a year after drafting a qb, Marty morningwheg was the OC, airplanes flying over practices, billboards going up, "fire Idzik" towels made and distributed at games, websites created, Rex fired....must I really continue?

Yet Geno is hated so badly that he can't even show signs of competitive frustration on the sideline without his moves being criticized more than our starter who led us to a 1-5 record.

The F'ing worst fanbase in the NFL. 

11 hours ago, JiF said:

The offense has produced 2 TD's in the last 4 weeks.  They've scored, 3, 10, 13 and 3 points respectively in their last 4 games and the people complaining about Fitz are using him as a scapegoat?

lmfao - you cant make this up.

Meanwhile, fans are crying over Geno's frustration on the sideline. 

They've made excuse after excuse for the above though for the past month. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Jets fans yelled and complained when it was Geno and we all know the dysfunction from that regime. A GM fired in 2 seasons, damn near every draft pick during that time is off the team, Rex had no influence in qb development or the offense in general, no weapons, Idzik purged the team a year after drafting a qb, Marty morningwheg was the OC, airplanes flying over practices, billboards going up, "fire Idzik" towels made and distributed at games, websites created, Rex fired....must I really continue?

Yet Geno is hated so badly that he can't even show signs of competitive frustration on the sideline without his moves being criticized more than our starter who led us to a 1-5 record.

The F'ing worst fanbase in the NFL. 

Don't let em get to you... Yes it is time for this again..

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

5tds, 11ints, 57% comp rate, lowest ppg avg in the league and almost no points scored in the 2nd half of games THIS SEASON is what's making this position of yours look incredibly F'ing stupid my friend. 

Fitz does not give this team the best chance to win, okay? I'm not saying you have to think Geno, but we have 4 QB's on this team, pick another one. This "Fitz gives us the best chance to win" nonsense needs to F'ing stop already.

Hackenberg:  Let's rule him out, he's just too raw, nowhere near ready for the NFL.

Petty:  I'm onboard, I think he's the pick, but he's been out injured for 6 weeks and, like Hackenberg, needs time to develop.  If we go Petty we're not going to make a run, we're abdicating the season before we've taken our 8th loss.

Geno:  Only if Petty isn't ready.  Won't win 8 games, isn't part of our future.

Fitzpatrick:  The case for Ryan is simple, he's the best quarterback on the team.  He won AFC Offensive Player of the Week a month ago.  We have a lot of home games coming up (he's good at home) and we have a lot of games against non-playoff teams (he's good against weaklings).

So, again, one does not need to be a Fitzpatrick jock sniffer to understand that if the Jets want to hope against hope for a miracle finish to this season and a 9-7 wildcard, the only way to get there is with Ryan.  I do not subscribe to this theory, by the way.  I knew we were dead after we lost the must-win Bengals game (who's laughing at me now?) but I'm thinking like Woody would think and I don't think he's going to throw in the towel until we've lost our 8th game.

SAR I

There are a foolish few sticking up for Fitz here. Our QB play has been mostly horrible, and last I checked Fitz was our QB for all but a handful of plays. I'd give Geno the Baltimore game and see what happens. If he shows the same poor decision-making, lack of situational awareness and pocket presence that we've come to know him for, Petty is up. If he doesn't show anything, give Hackenberg a few games. We're a petri dish at QB now. Need to know what we have going into next year.

33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

People are constantly knitpicking everything this dude does while saying how they don't see how Fitz has heavily contributed to wrecking the start of this season. 

We're 1-5 and I've seen people more pissed off with Geno wanting to ACTUALLY PLAY!

The worst F'ing fanbase ever.

We have seen Geno play and no one wants to go backwards.  There is no upside to Geno, just an abdication that the season is over and our young QB's aren't panning out.  Sends a terrible message to the fans.  Not to mention, Geno's behavior these past few months with his pouting and his media boycotts and his Twitter backstabs and yesterday's childish sideline antics.....THESE THINGS MATTER.  They matter to the team, they matter to the fans, they are unacceptable.  If Geno behaved this past year, different story, let's see what he's got.  But not after humiliating the franchise like this.  He's the worst Jet since Gastineau.

Not the worst fanbase ever; just delusional Geno fans who can't let go of the biggest bust of the decade.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, isired said:

There are a foolish few sticking up for Fitz here. Our QB play has been mostly horrible, and last I checked Fitz was our QB for all but a handful of plays. I'd give Geno the Baltimore game and see what happens. If he shows the same poor decision-making, lack of situational awareness and pocket presence that we've come to know him for, Petty is up. If he doesn't show anything, give Hackenberg a few games. We're a petri dish at QB now. Need to know what we have going into next year.

at Kansas City
Seattle
at Pittsburgh
at Arizona

Could any NFL team face a tougher four game stretch this year?  This decade?  It's insane what the NFL did to us.

No matter the score, no matter how bad we look in all phases of the game, we weren't expected to win these games.  So we are where we're supposed to be except for the Bengals game that the D choked away.

So let's see what happens when we play more fair competition.  Last time we had teams like the Ravens, Browns, Rams, and Dolphins queued up we crushed 'em and had a very nice November and December.  We're the same team that humiliated the Bills.  Have a little faith, folks.

SAR I

36 minutes ago, isired said:

Chris Baker?

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hackenberg:  Let's rule him out, he's just too raw, nowhere near ready for the NFL.

Petty:  I'm onboard, I think he's the pick, but he's been out injured for 6 weeks and, like Hackenberg, needs time to develop.  If we go Petty we're not going to make a run, we're abdicating the season before we've taken our 8th loss.

Geno:  Only if Petty isn't ready.  Won't win 8 games, isn't part of our future.

Fitzpatrick:  The case for Ryan is simple, he's the best quarterback on the team.  He won AFC Offensive Player of the Week a month ago.  We have a lot of home games coming up (he's good at home) and we have a lot of games against non-playoff teams (he's good against weaklings).

So, again, one does not need to be a Fitzpatrick jock sniffer to understand that if the Jets want to hope against hope for a miracle finish to this season and a 9-7 wildcard, the only way to get there is with Ryan.  I do not subscribe to this theory, by the way.  I knew we were dead after we lost the must-win Bengals game (who's laughing at me now?) but I'm thinking like Woody would think and I don't think he's going to throw in the towel until we've lost our 8th game.

SAR I

Dude, if you can say all this after watching what Fitz has produced, which is nothing...literally, then enjoy the season. Fitz has thrown as many endzone picks as TD's and has scored I believe just 10 points in the 2nd half this season. If this can't even get you to just "take a look at Geno/Petty next week simply says alot about what you're truly valuing here. It must get to a point where you Atleast hope for the best, but you'd rather let this dude continue on this path while after every game claim how he was "decent". I know I've said it before...but it was more of a "taking a shot" at you, but in all honesty...you cannot be taken seriously on this subject at this point. 

Fitz is literally the worst qb in the league and you won't even put in Petty and absolutely refuse to put in our actual #2 because of your feelings.

It's irrational thinking....can't debate with this type of rationale. 

Meh, Geno's under a rookie contract. What you said makes no sense. He was under, and is still under the same contract. 

That's why it made no sense for the team to get rid of him (I agreed with that while others were calling for him to be cut after the draft). I'm talking about what a man can do when he's not getting the respect he obviously feels he deserves.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Because it's hate. 

Now you know.

I dunno but (this is not directed to you) but in general how people don't think what geno did matters is crazy to me. 

Yes Fitz sucks and it's probably genos turn but when you are on a team you don't pout when things don't go your way, there is no excuse, you be a good teammate/ solider and do what the coach tells you until you get your turn you show a good front even if deep down inside that's not how you feel. Use that fustration and prove everyone wrong when you do get your chance which you will if how you feel is right. That's what being part of a team is but such is the world now with all the me me me sh*t that goes on. Nobody knows there place and you know what half the fans seem to agree with this which blows my mind. 

You want to be the guy, leader of a bunch of big strong multimillion dollar athletes, the face of a franchise (which most good QBs become) you are held to a higher standard than a high school player add to that avg skill and the standard goes that much higher 

so bring in geno cause unfortunately Fitz doesn't have it this year but that still doesn't make all his immature actions right 

Just now, isired said:

That's why it made no sense for the team to get rid of him (I agreed with that while others were calling for him to be cut after the draft). I'm talking about what a man can do when he's not getting the respect he obviously feels he deserves.

I don't understand. What was Geno supposed to do under contract? His only option was to be traded or released, neither one is a decision he could make and the franchise didn't see it necessary to do so. 

It goes back to what I originally said about "gossip" and who it's for.

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I dunno but (this is not directed to you) but in general how people don't think what geno did matters is crazy to me. 

Yes Fitz sucks and it's probably genos turn but when you are on a team you don't pout when things don't go your way, there is no excuse, you be a good teammate/ solider and do what the coach tells you until you get your turn you show a good front even if deep down inside that's not how you feel. Use that fustration and prove everyone wrong when you do get your chance which you will if how you feel is right. That's what being part of a team is but such is the world now with all the me me me sh*t that goes on. Nobody knows there place and you know what half the fans seem to agree with this which blows my mind. 

You want to be the guy, leader of a bunch of big strong multimillion dollar athletes, the face of a franchise (which most good QBs become) you are held to a higher standard than a high school player add to that avg skill and the standard goes that much higher 

so bring in geno cause unfortunately Fitz doesn't have it this year but that still doesn't make all his immature actions right 

It's a damn shame when soldiers must be mindless robots. 

Also, this is football. That soldier talk is only relevant when lives are at risk, these are athletes working in a business environment....let's come back down to earth.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's a damn shame when soldiers must be mindless robots. 

Also, this is football. That soldier talk is only relevant when lives are at risk, these are athletes working in a business environment....let's come back down to earth.

lol. Ok. 

"Fitz is the worst QB in 2016!"

"Let's give the team over to the guy who was the worst QB in 2013 and 2014!"

You really can't make this stuff up. When Petty is ready, he gets the shot. He's under contract next season and he'll be back. The Jets know what Fitz is and the know what the other is. Petty is the only play that moves this team forward. 

at Kansas City
Seattle
at Pittsburgh
at Arizona
Could any NFL team face a tougher four game stretch this year?  This decade?  It's insane what the NFL did to us.
No matter the score, no matter how bad we look in all phases of the game, we weren't expected to win these games.  So we are where we're supposed to be except for the Bengals game that the D choked away.
So let's see what happens when we play more fair competition.  Last time we had teams like the Ravens, Browns, Rams, and Dolphins queued up we crushed 'em and had a very nice November and December.  We're the same team that humiliated the Bills.  Have a little faith, folks.
SAR I
I thought we'd be 2-4 right now, so it's not really the record. It's the play. Fitz has been every bit as bad as Geno had been in all bit 1 game - and Geno has put up a xouple of very good single game samples as well. If you think Fitz is still a good bet, you're betting that he will get back to last year's form rather than the form he displayed in the other 90% of his career. That doesn't sound like smart money.

Besides, the goal is to get to the playoffs and win championships. If you don't have a team that can do that this year, then you should be in the business of developing a team in the future that can. Giving guys that won't be around a chance to put mediocrity (or worse) on display is unwise. Look at the franchises that are consistently making runs - when they turn over, they turn over.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, if you can say all this after watching what Fitz has produced, which is nothing...literally, then enjoy the season. Fitz has thrown as many endzone picks as TD's and has scored I believe just 10 points in the 2nd half this season. If this can't even get you to just "take a look at Geno/Petty next week simply says alot about what you're truly valuing here. It must get to a point where you Atleast hope for the best, but you'd rather let this dude continue on this path while after every game claim how he was "decent". I know I've said it before...but it was more of a "taking a shot" at you, but in all honesty...you cannot be taken seriously on this subject at this point. 

Fitz is literally the worst qb in the league and you won't even put in Petty and absolutely refuse to put in our actual #2 because of your feelings.

It's irrational thinking....can't debate with this type of rationale. 

Let me say this again since your emotions are interrupting your reading comprehension.

If it were up to ME, I would cut Geno to send a message to the team, I'd make Fitzpatrick the backup, and give Petty the keys and get ready for next season.

Since it is up to WOODY, I can see him sticking with Fitzpatrick until we get our 8th loss.

Savvy?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

"Fitz is the worst QB in 2016!"

"Let's give the team over to the guy who was the worst QB in 2013 and 2014!"

You really can't make this stuff up. When Petty is ready, he gets the shot. He's under contract next season and he'll be back. The Jets know what Fitz is and the know what the other is. Petty is the only play that moves this team forward. 

Geno's 2013/2014 rookie/sophomore seasons were better than Fitz 12 season in the league. 

Keep trying tho.

Archived