Leberfeld: Geno not prepping to play

AFJF

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Our opponents don't have to gameplan for leadership they gameplan for the physical limitations of our current starter .

Leadership won't keep a DC up at night worrying , oh my god Brandon Marshall  and Nick Mangold have their Qb's back. 

There shouldn't even be a debate.  What QB has the physical tools that a defense has to gameplan against the answer is any of Geno./Petty/Hack.

Sorry if we were playing chess or having a debate Fitz might be our guy but this is football .

The reason we are in this mess to begin with is that Geno Smith had 4 years to prove himself more worthy than a lame 34 year old journeyman and he couldn't do it.

Frustrated?  It's Geno's fault.  Angry?  It's Geno's fault.  Embarrassed?  It's Geno's fault.

SAR I

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The reason we are in this mess to begin with is that Geno Smith had 4 years to prove himself more worthy than a lame 34 year old journeyman and he couldn't do it.

Frustrated?  It's Geno's fault.  Angry?  It's Geno's fault.  Embarrassed?  It's Geno's fault.

SAR I

1-5  Fitz's fault. 

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Please don't.  I'll miss the irreverence dearly.

A Geno Smith fan?  In a Jets forum?  LOL.  Like that's going to fly.

SAR I

You would know.  It's not quite as bad as being one of what, 4 Sanchez fans in 2012?  You blamed everyone else but Sanchez for sucking too at the time

19 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

1-5  Fitz's fault. 

And why is Ryan Fitzpatrick even on the team?

And why is Chan Gailey our offensive coordinator?

And why is a burner like Devin Smith on our roster?

And why don't we have a reliable veteran backup quarterback on the bench?

And why did we use a desperately needed second round draft pick on a quarterback?

Because Geno Smith busted.  That's why.  We are 1-5 because Geno Smith isn't what he was supposed to be and that sets a franchise back years.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

NEW-YORK-JETS-GENO-SMITH-FRUSTRATED.png

I'll take 1-5 over 4-12 if I don't have to stare at that ugly selfish "it's not me, what did you do?" face after each incompletion, each sack, each press conference, each loss. 

The guy is only the worst quarterback in Jets history with at least 3 years on the roster.  You realize this, yes?  Ah, no.  Of course not. 

SAR I

We should sign Leinart

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

I stand by the quarterback who gives me the best chance to win the next game.

I saw nothing tonight from Geno Smith to change my mind.  We needed 3 scores in 7 minutes and he did not deliver. 

Regarding Fitzpatrick, the Cardinals have the #3 pass defense in the entire league and with Marshall covered these other WR's are not running proper routes or getting open.  The Austin Seferian-Jenkins injury is a killer.

SAR I

lol...lol...lol

who?  the drunken kid with zero chemistry with any of the four Qbs?

We saw similar behavior from Geno on draft day when he pouted because he wasn't selected in the first round. That was when I decided I didn't want this guy. There is a chance the org will remember this and get rid of the guy who has no history in college or the NFL of being a leader. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We saw similar behavior from Geno on draft day when he pouted because he wasn't selected in the first round. That was when I decided I didn't want this guy. There is a chance the org will remember this and get rid of the guy who has no history in college or the NFL of being a leader. 

Fitz sucks and I'd rather have a guy who Atleast looks like he gives a **** about what's happening while on the sideline. WTF is the rest of the team doing? 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last year we faced Bottom 20 defenses, so far this year we have faced 3 Top 10 defenses and the 4th is coming to MetLife this Sunday.

If you are looking to point the finger at just one player for this seasons disaster, try Darrelle Revis.  Makes a hell of a lot more than Fitzpatrick, has a hell of a lot more ability, is playing far worse, is no leader, is just punching a clock and collecting a fat check each week.

SAR I

Deflection.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kinda embarrassing to watch a coaching staff not know when to make a change. I can see what you're saying, but when does Bowles wake the f...K up? The chiefs game he completely leaves Fitz out there to dry after seeing that he doesn't have it instead of replacing him, and is basically doing  the same thing with the damn season. Guys don't like to lose, especially on the sideline, especially when they will most likely be looking elsewhere for a job next season. 

People are constantly knitpicking everything this dude does while saying how they don't see how Fitz has heavily contributed to wrecking the start of this season. 

We're 1-5 and I've seen people more pissed off with Geno wanting to ACTUALLY PLAY!

The worst F'ing fanbase ever.

Agree with many of your commentary throughout the forum but disagree most with this.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We have seen Geno play and no one wants to go backwards.  There is no upside to Geno, just an abdication that the season is over and our young QB's aren't panning out.  Sends a terrible message to the fans.  Not to mention, Geno's behavior these past few months with his pouting and his media boycotts and his Twitter backstabs and yesterday's childish sideline antics.....THESE THINGS MATTER.  They matter to the team, they matter to the fans, they are unacceptable.  If Geno behaved this past year, different story, let's see what he's got.  But not after humiliating the franchise like this.  He's the worst Jet since Gastineau.

Not the worst fanbase ever; just delusional Geno fans who can't let go of the biggest bust of the decade.

SAR I

Geno versus Fitz = mox nix.  Neither returns next year.  Geno has more upside although unlikely at this point.  If Geno gets some wins with some strong performances with some wins...the tantrums seem less noticeable...like OBJ...with that said he looks like just another athlete who wants a chance...though he knows he's never the long term solution here.  just another dude who wants to pad his resume in hopes of a payday later for another team...if Petty's 100% i'd move there.

23 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

And Ryan FitzPatrick has leadership skills is that why hes been bounced around the NFL more than any other active player/

Geno is a child.  But i honestly cannot watch Fitz throw a football any longer.  Geno can throw those stupid INTs jus as well as Fitz.  Fitz has been Geno-esque so far this year. Maybe worse.  I am waiting for the bye.  This season is over, as far as contention is concerned.  I look for auditions after the bye.

42 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

Fitz throws 6 picks in a game, and doesn't get pulled. Why the **** should Geno prepare?

When you are gloating on twitter about how bad the team is doing, and you deserve your chance, and how its your time, don't you think you should prepare for that chance? "shrugs"

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's the problem. Fitz is playing like arguably the worst starter in Jets history and you're bitching about Geno. That's the propaganda he's talking about.

I don't think you guys know what "propaganda" means or is. 

Archived