Bowles: Fitz stating next week

SR24

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You can't start a QB that isn't ready just because you're pissed at Fitz.

You let them play to evaluate them in real game situations against 1st team defenses. All these other young qbs are playing but i guess ours are the only ones who aren't ready. We need to see what they can do before we go draft another qb. The season is done this is the perfect opportunity to see if Hack or Petty are solid qbs. 

this is good news. whatever you thought of fitzpatricks career before this season started( horrible, .bad, good, decent, below average,above average) he is now a shell of what you thought. we are 6 games into the season and have the benefit of knowing the playoffs are out of reach. season over. I have never rooted for a tank, but this is the year to reel off a 1-15, 2-14 season. just keep playing like the jets have to get that early pick. doesn't make sense, this year especially, to win 5 or 6 games. this team is so bad, it will not improve this year

So this is how it should go, Geno gets all first team reps all week. He gets the start next two games one hard one easy. If he looks solid then he gets another two. Petty should be the backup as soon as he is healthy enough to go. If Geno stumbles then it's time to get Petty in the game and see what he has. Hack needs to be given an advance course in NFL play and get him ready to step in if Petty stumbles.
We need to see just what we have in all three young arms before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

You let them play to evaluate them in real game situations against 1st team defenses. All these other young qbs are playing but i guess ours are the only ones who aren't ready. We need to see what they can do before we go draft another qb. The season is done this is the perfect opportunity to see if Hack or Petty are solid qbs. 

we havnt even seen what these guys can do against 2nd stringers. nevermind 1st stringers. geno is not the answer. let bowles, gailey, Fitzpatrick, and the rest of the bum under performers continue to earn us an early pick inn the draft

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

this is good news. whatever you thought of fitzpatricks career before this season started( horrible, .bad, good, decent, below average,above average) he is now a shell of what you thought. we are 6 games into the season and have the benefit of knowing the playoffs are out of reach. season over. I have never rooted for a tank, but this is the year to reel off a 1-15, 2-14 season. just keep playing like the jets have to get that early pick. doesn't make sense, this year especially, to win 5 or 6 games. this team is so bad, it will not improve this year

We tried to tell you but noooooo

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Idiocy.  Fitz is done.  Much as I doubt Geno, it's his time to play (I prefer Petty, but whatever).

Making no move?  I have no words.

Petty has had like 2 days practice in the last 6 weeks.  I'm hoping they are just getting him a week or 2 to practice by staying with Fitz.  

Doesn't seem like they want to go with smith at all.

2 minutes ago, fltflo said:

So this is how it should go, Geno gets all first team reps all week. He gets the start next two games one hard one easy. If he looks solid then he gets another two. Petty should be the backup as soon as he is healthy enough to go. If Geno stumbles then it's time to get Petty in the game and see what he has. Hack needs to be given an advance course in NFL play and get him ready to step in if Petty stumbles.
We need to see just what we have in all three young arms before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everything except the Hack part. The dude proved over the offseason that he doesn't even know how to throw an NFL football. He was airmailing throws against air. He clearly isn't even remotely ready to play. 

I defended coaches in the past but this is beyond stupid to me.  At this point, he's just begging to get fired.  He's got to be an idiot.  Geno is not the savior, but can we see anyone else but Fitz?  Anyone?  I would take Geno, Petty, Hackenberg, anyone.  

How do you keep going back to the same BS after each game?  

Take it for what it's worth, but Westhoff just finished ripping Fitz a new one (again). That he used to watch him in practice, the way he telegraphs his throws, and would say, "I could easily defend this guy." And that coaches who know what they're doing (and have a half-decent team on the field) like Arizona will be able to defend him without tremendous difficulty.

Obviously there are exceptions, like receivers or the line making Fitz's job easier or even harder, but comparatively he feels he's simply an easy QB to defend & that it was apparent just watching him in practice.

Well that's just peachy. 

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Nonsense.  You can't fairly evaluate a QB by throwing him into his first NFL with a whole week or two of practice.  

The rest is just cliche 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Just because the coach says the QB is going to start the next week right after the game is over doesn't mean that its set in stone. 

Either way I think the Jets guys on the radio post game show nailed it. They are probably waiting till Bryce is ready if anything. They may just not want to go to Geno.

Bowles said Fitz was his starter last January.

Fitz wasn't on the team for Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun and most of July.

Yet that statement held true the whole time. 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Yes I do .. can't be any worse that kellen Clemens first start vs Ray Lewis led Ravens 

I think the Sanchez game vs the Ravens was way worse than the Clemens one. We still had a shot to win with Clemens if that douche receiver holds onto 2 TD balls.

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

I think the Sanchez game vs the Ravens was way worse than the Clemens one. We still had a shot to win with Clemens if that douche receiver holds onto 2 TD balls.

Lmaoo if memory serves me right Sanchez got blasted by ed reed the first play off the game . Pretty much checked out after that.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Geno was impressive in the postgame presser.  Seems like he's really matured.

Geno said "it's never been about me" which is an outright lie.

Geno said "we are 1 and....and....and.....whatever" doesn't even know the team's record.

He's not matured.  He's just a marginally better actor.

SAR I

Just now, Maxman said:

Bowles said Fitz was his starter last January.

Fitz wasn't on the team for Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun and most of July.

Yet that statement held true the whole time. 

I'm just saying, sometimes you can't take everything a coach says right after a loss as the final verdict. 

If Fitz had signed somewhere else in between January and July Bowles statement would have been incorrect. It's different. At some point this season another guy will be playing QB unless the Jets go on a long winning streak that I don't think any of can see happening.

Archived