Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets desperately need a slot WR. Someone reliable with good hands who runs good routes. Kerley was good - but god hurt a lot. Decker was ok in that role - but I still felt like he was better outside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RSJ said:

Jets desperately need a slot WR. Someone reliable with good hand who runs good routes. Kerley was good - but god hurt a lot. Decker was ok in that role - but I still felt like he was better outside. 

Decker was incredible in that role. His stats per target from the slot were beast last year. No idea why they moved him outside, frankly. Enunwa has been fun to watch, but not nearly as effective. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Enunwa

Enunwa is going to be B Marsh's replacement. I mean a Welker type. Good short area quickness, good routes and good hands for those quick third down throws.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Decker was incredible in that role. His stats per target from the slot were beast last year. No idea why they moved him outside, frankly. Enunwa has been fun to watch, but not nearly as effective. 

 

That is a good point. Enunwa is more of a TE than a slot WR. A slot WR is Chrebet, Welker, Edelman, Colt Beasley, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

You don't rebuild until you are eliminated. There is a lot of fight left in this team. Please don't be so negative.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetscrazey said:

Jordan Jenkins seems like a jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy.  He'd probably be a servicable backup on a great D but I'd rather draft a more dominant edge backer if the opportunity came along.

Idk if it matters too much. They don't have a NT anymore. Sheldon is at OLB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

The route he ran on the Geno pick was poor. Then he waived at Honey Badger in a lame tackle attempt.

 

But the whole team played like that. So there's that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Gonna be a long time before they are good. They are in desperate need of OL, DB, TE and probably some linebackers. 

I think they have some positive young players. Their roster is filled with guys either too young or too old. Also, like I posted earlier there is a scheme mismatch in just about every area. This is correctable though and I think it can be turned around pretty quickly from here. This rebuild has always been a 3-4 year job at the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Gonna be a long time before they are good. They are in desperate need of OL, DB, TE and probably some linebackers. 

QB, RB, CB, and apparently DL. Probably a safety or two as well.

They should get some of these guys just in time for Marshall and Decker to retire so WR too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

Fitz will get Anderson killed.  He is too fast a receiver for Fitz. And not a big guy.  Fitz will get him nailed.  Peake is pretty tough.  I like him.  That was a helmet to the chin, by the way, and should have been penalized.  Right, Jon Gruden?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

I wonder if Peake will ever be the same after that hit.   That was painful to watch.  I felt terrible for the guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Decker was incredible in that role. His stats per target from the slot were beast last year. No idea why they moved him outside, frankly. Enunwa has been fun to watch, but not nearly as effective. 

They moved Decker from there because he asked to be moved back to the outside. That's pretty much it. I think Enunwa is better in the Marshall role on the outside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rebuild is indeed now under way.  My preferences here forward:

-Bench Fitz, his era here is over.

-Evaluation of Petty as a potential starting QB.  Meaningful playing time in actual games before seasons end.  We must know his potential before seasons end to assist in QB-Decision-2017.  

-Evaluation of young WR's.  Maximize their playing time, Devin Smith (when back), J. Marshall, Robinson, etc.

-Find some way to motivate this Defense.  It simply shouldn't be this level of "almost-worst-in-NFL" bad.

Then, this off-season:

-Fire Chan Gailey.  We need better.  

-Find a running back who can actually produce running yards.

-Focus on finding a QB, Petty?  Hack?  New Draft Pick?  No more recycled veteran journeymen, not even as backups.

-Start a rebuild of O-line talent.  Draft at least two new O-linemen.  And one TE.

-Fire our D-Co, who is so inept I don't even know his name off the top of my head.  If Bowles refuses, fire him as well, he's lost any good will he had with his performance this year.

-Do NOT Draft heavy on Defense.  The talent is already here, it must be managed and motivated properly.  A cornerback or two in free Agency might be good, and maybe a Safety/CB in mid-late rounds as well.  But the draft is QB/O-Line/RB/TE focused.

We feel today as far from contention as I can recall in recent years.  I think the above would be the right direction, but frankly, I don't know.  We're that bad in places that make no sense to be that bad, given our talent.  This is not a 1-5 roster, even with the injuries.

Such is life.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Loved what I saw from Peake. The guy is a tough son of a gun. All that for a 7th round pick.

Anderson needs to work on his technique a bit more but he caught some balls tonight

Lee was playing well until he got hurt

Jenkins played okay.

Burris even got some playing time.

Keep getting these guys playing time.

Agree, but Anderson needs to hit the weight room, he looks like a twig out there. Agree that the Jets should use the rest of the season to assess what they have. Yet another wasted season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RSJ said:

Jets desperately need a slot WR. Someone reliable with good hands who runs good routes. Kerley was good - but god hurt a lot. Decker was ok in that role - but I still felt like he was better outside. 

Peake played well in the slot as did Marshall. Fitzloser only throws to Marshall though when it matters. Opposing defenses, of course, know this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Rebuild is indeed now under way.  My preferences here forward:

-Bench Fitz, his era here is over.

-Evaluation of Petty as a potential starting QB.  Meaningful playing time in actual games before seasons end.  We must know his potential before seasons end to assist in QB-Decision-2017.  

-Evaluation of young WR's.  Maximize their playing time, Devin Smith (when back), J. Marshall, Robinson, etc.

-Find some way to motivate this Defense.  It simply shouldn't be this level of "almost-worst-in-NFL" bad.

Then, this off-season:

-Fire Chan Gailey.  We need better.  

-Find a running back who can actually produce running yards.

-Focus on finding a QB, Petty?  Hack?  New Draft Pick?  No more recycled veteran journeymen, not even as backups.

-Start a rebuild of O-line talent.  Draft at least two new O-linemen.  And one TE.

-Fire our D-Co, who is so inept I don't even know his name off the top of my head.  If Bowles refuses, fire him as well, he's lost any good will he had with his performance this year.

-Do NOT Draft heavy on Defense.  The talent is already here, it must be managed and motivated properly.  A cornerback or two in free Agency might be good, and maybe a Safety/CB in mid-late rounds as well.  But the draft is QB/O-Line/RB/TE focused.

We feel today as far from contention as I can recall in recent years.  I think the above would be the right direction, but frankly, I don't know.  We're that bad in places that make no sense to be that bad, given our talent.  This is not a 1-5 roster, even with the injuries.

Such is life.

 

 

Almost completely agree. Some nuanced counter-points:

- Firing Gailey means Petty and Hack have to learn a new system, which could set back development. I honestly think that if the QB is talented, the coordinator's short-comings can be masked. So, I don't know that we need to fire him. He has pissed me off enough this year that I could be knocked off that position if a candidate I like comes available. Right now, not sure that'll happen.

- If we do retain Gailey, we still need to hire a OL coach / run-game coordinator. Part of the problem with the running game is the talent we have, Ivory fell apart last year (and it has carried into this year) and Forte was done as a pure RB a year ago, but nobody on our staff watches tape apparently. In a league where the dump off pass has become the flavor of the day, we have one of the historically best pass-catching RBs, and don't throw it to him. Like ever. So, we need to draft a young RB, and build a running game around him. Part of that is having an OL that can run-block. This is one of the more neglected things on this roster since we picked Mangold and Brick.

- Kacy Rodgers should have never been entrusted with all of this defensive investment. Ever. This isn't even a counter-point, this is pure agreement... but I believe it so much, I wanted to say it again.

- What happened to your avatar picture? I didn't even realize it was you writing this at first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a young running back that we claimed from Seattle, his name escapes me, that has been on the game active roster for the last two weeks but hasn't gotten any touches.  I gotta believe that we should be able to find him a couple of touches down 21 in the 4th quarter, what further damage could he do.  He might surprise us and do well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...