Gruden Knew

JohnnyLV

I am not sure who his inside source was, but it was obvious even in the first quarter that Gruden knew the Jets were going to bring in Geno if Fitz faltered. He mentioned it like 20 times and they had little prepared things about it ready. I suspect the plan was for Geno to start second half but Bowles wavered and gave Fitz a few more series which put the game out of reach and brought Geno into a no win situation. He also mentioned Woody's frustration so maybe Woody is tired of Fitz. But Gruden knew and I thought that was interesting.

He also knew that the "book" is completely out on Fitz and that Fitz literally cannot do anything more than he does and opposing defenses know it. I have a hard time imagining the Jets not making a move at QB. 

Oh and it is time to see what Tromayne Pope can do. Forte as I expected is old and done.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...5 teams released this buffoon who has the book "out" on him, yet we pay him $12 million.

We hire Bowles, who appears to be a complete moron. Peter principle at its best.

Management of the NY Jets is and has always been a problem.  It has to be on Woody.

Id LOVE to hear REAL honest talk from Parcells, Bellickek etc..on what they thought of Woody.

Everyone knew. It was that obvious, just not to Bowles. Hope he chokes on that Fitz doll he has in his bed. And Forte can be safely released now. He's extremely slow. Powell showed punch. Forte showed nothing. 

46 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Everyone knew. It was that obvious, just not to Bowles. Hope he chokes on that Fitz doll he has in his bed. And Forte can be safely released now. He's extremely slow. Powell showed punch. Forte showed nothing. 

The Oline is bad! Mangold is an overpaid has been. Like I've said before, the Pats have had 5 centers during Mangolds career. I've been saying Mangolds time has come & we need to find a replacement for 2 years now. 

Last year he was abused by some no name Eagles player. The Jets are a team that has 42 million tied up in Fitz, Revis, Harris, Mangold, Forte. What is the return? Not much.

56 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So...5 teams released this buffoon who has the book "out" on him, yet we pay him $12 million.

We hire Bowles, who appears to be a complete moron. Peter principle at its best.

Management of the NY Jets is and has always been a problem.  It has to be on Woody.

Id LOVE to hear REAL honest talk from Parcells, Bellickek etc..on what they thought of Woody.

Parcells and Belichick left before Woody. They stole their money from Hess.

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Parcells and Belichick left before Woody. They stole their money from Hess.

Parcells was coach for year 1 and GM for year 2 under Woody. The owner is not the problem. The owners job is to not be cheap and let your people handle the football affairs, when they fail you fire them. He has done his job and he will do it again.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I am not sure who his inside source was, but it was obvious even in the first quarter that Gruden knew the Jets were going to bring in Geno if Fitz faltered. He mentioned it like 20 times and they had little prepared things about it ready.

Two inside sources on each side of his nose. Jesus Christ

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Parcells left. What else do you need to know? Belichick left as well. This pathetic moron of an owner has tied his own GM's hands by "trying to remain competitive" while rebuilding. Can't do it. By trying to remain "competitive" it means that Mac has to "reach" for "hold the fort guys" like Skrine, Giacomini, Jenkins-Sefarian etc. and to overpay for guys like Fitz and Mo Wilkerson who has been invisible this season. You can't do this thing halfway which is exactly what the brain dead owner of this team thinks you can do. 

19 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Parcells was coach for year 1 and GM for year 2 under Woody. The owner is not the problem. The owners job is to not be cheap and let your people handle the football affairs, when they fail you fire them. He has done his job and he will do it again.

Woody meddles to play the fan base.  He was behind Favre and Tebow, and likely Revis and Fitz.

21 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

The owner is not the problem.

Yes he is. He has his GM neglecting what he know he has to do which is blow this stinking team up and rebuild it. Woody thinks you can halfway rebuild and stay competitive for a playoff spot and that is impossible. By trying to remain competitive you ignore the young players that need seasoning and you reach for "hold the fort" guys like Skrine, Gilchrist, Giacomini and others like David Harris who is a "good Jets player" but is past his prime and Mac knows he needs to release him and Revis and a few others. It also means overpaying for Fitzpatrick and Mo Wilkerson who has last appeared on milk containers rather than on any football field.

27 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I wonder.  Part of me believes there was a "Im not working for this Trust fund baby" attitude.

I think he meddles..i.e. Tebow, Sanchez et al.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I'd like to hear more than "Woody is a complete moron" and what you would have done differently, or what problem you had with the way Bowles was hired.  

Its not Bowles, it's the players.  No one other than some trigger happy fans think the man is a complete moron.  Or that Woody did something wrong with this one.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I wonder.  Part of me believes there was a "Im not working for this Trust fund baby" attitude.

I think he meddles..i.e. Tebow, Sanchez et al.

Favre was all Woody, the other two are all Tanny. You cannot blame the owner for the failures of the people on the field. The current staff was vetted out by how many qualified NFL lifers? He hires, they fail, he fires. Repeat.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd like to hear more than "Woody is a complete moron" and what you would have done differently, or what problem you had with the way Bowles was hired.  

Its not Bowles, it's the players.  No one other than some trigger happy fans think the man is a complete moron.  Or that Woody did something wrong with this one.

Im simply asking what I believe are reasonable questions.  We have been a mediocre team since his ownership.  Some level of responsibility falls there. 

I have no idea about Woody other than he seems to have accomplished very little on merit. 

Competitive teams (Steelers, Pats, Giants, Packers) do things differently.  

Not on Bowles? really?  I disagree. Management and coaching are extremely important and Bowles has shown no real ability to handle the HC job.

15 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Favre was all Woody, the other two are all Tanny. You cannot blame the owner for the failures of the people on the field. The current staff was vetted out by how many qualified NFL lifers? He hires, they fail, he fires. Repeat.

Yes you can.  How Bowles got hired is truly puzzling.  

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes you can.  How Bowles got hired is truly puzzling.  

You can, that's your choice. In my opinion he did everything he could to hire the right people this time. He's not a football guy, and he used the resources available to him to help in the process. Finding a good coach is not an exact science, that's why most get fired.

Just now, section314 said:

I seem to remember Giant fans wanted to run Bill out after 2 years.The rest,they say, is history. You fire Bowles , you'll be hiring High School coaches. Nobody would work for this jackass owner.

Wrong $$$$$$$ talks this the NFL its a business,high school coaches would be better than Bowles. 

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am not sure who his inside source was, but it was obvious even in the first quarter that Gruden knew the Jets were going to bring in Geno if Fitz faltered. He mentioned it like 20 times and they had little prepared things about it ready. I suspect the plan was for Geno to start second half but Bowles wavered and gave Fitz a few more series which put the game out of reach and brought Geno into a no win situation. He also mentioned Woody's frustration so maybe Woody is tired of Fitz. But Gruden knew and I thought that was interesting.

He also knew that the "book" is completely out on Fitz and that Fitz literally cannot do anything more than he does and opposing defenses know it. I have a hard time imagining the Jets not making a move at QB. 

Oh and it is time to see what Tromayne Pope can do. Forte as I expected is old and done.

Geno came in fumbled the ball and threw a pick. 

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

I seem to remember Giant fans wanted to run Bill out after 2 years.The rest,they say, is history. You fire Bowles , you'll be hiring High School coaches. Nobody would work for this jackass owner.

He made the playoffs his 2nd year and won a playoff game???:blink:

50 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Parcells left. What else do you need to know? Belichick left as well. This pathetic moron of an owner has tied his own GM's hands by "trying to remain competitive" while rebuilding. Can't do it. By trying to remain "competitive" it means that Mac has to "reach" for "hold the fort guys" like Skrine, Giacomini, Jenkins-Sefarian etc. and to overpay for guys like Fitz and Mo Wilkerson who has been invisible this season. You can't do this thing halfway which is exactly what the brain dead owner of this team thinks you can do. 

THIS 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The report on the broadcast that Woody didn't believe that the team that Mac and Bowles had wasn't in need of a major and total overhaul tells you that the man was and is totally clueless about what it takes to win in the NFL!!!

From you can "never have to much Tebow" to this it is insane. 

Woody is the middle of the road owner not the worst by far but in this league you need an excellent owner or GM and HC tandem to win in the NFL and I'm not sure tha we have all of this yet.

50 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Yes he is. He has his GM neglecting what he know he has to do which is blow this stinking team up and rebuild it. Woody thinks you can halfway rebuild and stay competitive for a playoff spot and that is impossible. By trying to remain competitive you ignore the young players that need seasoning and you reach for "hold the fort" guys like Skrine, Gilchrist, Giacomini and others like David Harris who is a "good Jets player" but is past his prime and Mac knows he needs to release him and Revis and a few others. It also means overpaying for Fitzpatrick and Mo Wilkerson who has last appeared on milk containers rather than on any football field.

Again another excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

i loved the Bowles hire and wanted him a year before we hired him. I have soured on him quickly though.

But you make a great point, people around the league love and laud him constantly. So, I don't know. But when we're getting blown every week its tough to have faith. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The report on the broadcast that Woody didn't believe that the team that Mac and Bowles had wasn't in need of a major and total overhaul tells you that the man was and is totally clueless about what it takes to win in the NFL!!!

Woody is the middle of the road owner not the worst by far but in this league you need an excellent owner or GM and HC tandem to win in the NFL and I'm not sure tha we have all of this yet.

Whoa whoa whoa! I didn't watch the whole game. It was actually reported that Woody didn't think the roster needed a true rebuild when he hired them?! 

We had the worst roster in the league at the end of 2014. By far.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

While i agree that Woody's statement was assinine (close to a contender). What do fans actually expect an owner to do to fix it . He spends up to the cap limit , he's not coaching or evaluating talent , sure maybe he could have hired better coaches, but in reality who was available at the time they hired Bowles ??

I might be in the minority, but I'm of the mindset that there's 2 things I want from an owner - Willingness to spend to the cap limit and having the balls to fire the coach/GM when necessary,.

38 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

You can, that's your choice. In my opinion he did everything he could to hire the right people this time. He's not a football guy, and he used the resources available to him to help in the process. Finding a good coach is not an exact science, that's why most get fired.

I agree..but  the "Best you can"   isnt acceptable.  Would you let someone operate on you and he says, Ill do the best I can or would you find a qualified surgeon. When clients hire poorly qualified  bookkeeper, they say .."Oh..she's my wifes friend, I trust her, etc".  I respond, I dont care.  Her best is not good enough.  

Trust me..I think Woody is learning but the REAL teams dont make these mistakes as often as he does.

Archived