***Official 2017 Jets Draft Thread***

neckdemon

I hope we take cb with first pick though of we ended up drafting in the middle of the fist round and flournette landed in our lap I would not cry if we take him though he wouldn't be my first choice it would be nice to have a blue chip rb prospect.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000714737/article/2017-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

5. New York Jets 
2016 record: 1-5 (.588) 
Top needs: G, TE, LB 
Analysis: I'd like to make QB one of the top three needs, but we'll give Christian Hackenberg another year. The interior offensive line should be addressed, as should the tight end spot. With aging inside 'backers, the Jets could look for another youngster to pair with Darron Lee.

So much fail - "let's not draft a QB coz Hack ..."

Top needs are G, TE, LB?? I guess the writer thinks the secondary is just fine. No way you take a G or TE that high, or ILB; OLB that can do it all (or at least provide a much needed pass rush), absolutely. And I know people joke, but we DO need an upgrade at CB. LT wouldn't be a bad pick either.

Hell, I'd even take a WR or RB if the value is there.

OL help first off, there is 0 chance we will know if both Hack/Petty are not the answers this season. Sadly there really isn't a cant miss QB prospect this year. Kayaa is overrated at this point, plus I don`t see him coming out. I really don`t think Kizer will come out either. 

1 minute ago, Shadetree said:

We need OLBs that can rush the passer. 

We need a fast-twitch, first-step, able to go parallel to the ground, pass rushing beast.

IM SICK OF NOT HAVING ONE!!!! 

The good news is that this draft has one

texas-am-myles-garrett-aggies.jpg

The bad news is that we won't be bad enough to get him 4gk3CmS.png

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's a near certainty we take a CB...it's a shame that this team refuses to take first round offense..but the trend will continue.

unfortunately i agree.  milliner sucking really set the team back.  mark it down, jourdan lewis of michigan, best cover cb in college.  not the athlete peppers is but a pure cover cb.

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

QB? We will draft around 16-20 and get a mediocre defensive player. This is the Jets.

Nah no way this team wins that many games at this his point.  10 games left in the season and we probably end up 4-12. Most other mediocre teams will win more than 4 games. We draft around 4-6 the latest. In fact we could get 1 to 4. Only Cleveland, SF and Chicago are as equally miserable as we are. Oh but Mac is picking. So much for that. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

unfortunately i agree.  milliner sucking really set the team back.  mark it down, jourdan lewis of michigan, best cover cb in college.  not the athlete peppers is but a pure cover cb.

Was Milliner a bigger bust than Gholston?  It's close!

Archived