Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Geno Smith is back starting for the Jets and Tim Tebow is like 0-7k in the Mets' minor league system. The Knicks are propping up a guy that's about to be found guilty of gang rape and Rutgers is having one of the most embarrassing seasons in college football history. 2016 is a cruel mistress.

And the Rose debacle sounds like a money grab if you look at the evidence... it was his old GF that was into multiple partners...  And the Rangers are killing it.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

well on the positive side, we'll at least get to see the football travel more than 20 yards in the air.  

20 yards? Im looking forward to a pass beyond the 10 yard imaginary cutoff Fitz has. 

If Petty never got hurt he'd be starting by now. They're just waiting for Petty to heal up, get back in game shape, etc. It would be a mistake to put Petty into his first game ever after an injury and not being ready. Give Geno a few games and then move on to Petty once Geno crashes and burns. 

3 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Because I think they planned on releasing Geno until Petty got hurt.  Meaning they really never wanted to play Geno.  At the same time, Fitz has been so bad the move had to be made.

No Bowles was not going into the season with 2 backup QBs with no NFL experience.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bowles said as much... now he is changing his tune... this is absolutely a woody move.

Okay, and???  Do you want this team to win a Superbowl? I do. In order to do that we need to find a QB. Fitz starting does not do that. Hell, Geno starting does not do that. But once this team hits 7 or 8 losses I think Petty comes in. Petty playing could do that. If they want to give Hack a couple starts at the end of the season, Hack playing could do that. 

If NONE of the QB's on our roster look promising, playing Petty and Hack likely leads to a very high draft pick. That draft pick could win us a Superbowl. 

End of story. 

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Everyone assuming this is a Woody Johnson move is stupid.  There's no way Bowles could trot Fitzpatrick out there again even if he did say Fitz was the starter right after the game.  Who cares honestly?  The season is lost.  Give Geno 2 or 3 games and if he fails then go with Petty and Hack for the rest of the season.

There's absolutely no reason why Fitz should ever play QB for the Jets again!

Woody is paying Fitz $12M and is well aware of the hatred the fan base has towards Geno. Why would he intervene and tell the coaching staff to start him?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I refuse to apologize to a guy who to this day still believes Pennington, Sanchez and now Geno were/are actually good.  His opinions on QB's are irrelevant. 

Pennington with his 19 shoulder surgeries was still >>>> Fitz. In fact, maybe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that much better. 

If Petty never got hurt he'd be starting by now. They're just waiting for Petty to heal up, get back in game shape, etc. It would be a mistake to put Petty into his first game ever after an injury and not being ready. Give Geno a few games and then move on to Petty once Geno crashes and burns. 

Petty's shoulder got totally Penningtoned in the final preseason game.

He's shot.

Between Gino, Patty, and Hackenburg-I agree that Geno gives the Jets the best chance to win. But frankly now that we are out of the playoffs even the coach should care less about that then the 2017 picture. Gina won't be on the squad next year, so what is the point of this?

Do you know was on this team in case fits got hurt or we were still in the competition and fits wasn't doing well. Now that we are dumpster fire the only thing anybody should care about is the future. There are 10 games of priceless reps that we are going to piss away to Geno- we can't even lose correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

29 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Geno gets 3 games to prove himself while Petty gets back into playing shape. If he sucks, Petty plays against the Rams and gets the bye week to prepare for the Pats and the rest of the season. That, my friends would be my perfect scenario. 

Technically Geno leading the Jets to an 11 and 5 record and a Super Bowl victory would be the perfect scenario, but I digress.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was an injury prone a$$hole who cost us $64M because of 1 good year. 

Don't blame Penny for accepting a STUPID contract given by Bradway. Same goes for Sanchez accepting Tanny's Stupid renewal, Those were GM issues, not the player who has presented the bundle of cash. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Okay, and???  Do you want this team to win a Superbowl? I do. In order to do that we need to find a QB. Fitz starting does not do that. Hell, Geno starting does not do that. But once this team hits 7 or 8 losses I think Petty comes in. Petty playing could do that. If they want to give Hack a couple starts at the end of the season, Hack playing could do that. 

If NONE of the QB's on our roster look promising, playing Petty and Hack likely leads to a very high draft pick. That draft pick could win us a Superbowl. 

End of story. 

The problem is that even if they give up on the season... (which they haven't)... The coaching staff would never start a child that throws tantrums in games and if they would I hope that Mikey Mac fires him... It is unacceptable the crying on the sidelines... and for that fact the coaches never would have changed without Woody stepping in. 

Woody stepping in shows that the Jets are again an embarrassing team.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Don't blame Penny for accepting a STUPID contract given by Bradway. Same goes for Sanchez accepting Tanny's Stupid renewal, Those were GM issues, not the player who has presented the bundle of cash. 

Tell that to the people who blame all our problems on Fitz rather than the front offices that never find us a franchise QB. 

At least Fitz was likable and had some balls.  Pennington was neither, and sucked just as much as Fitz has ever sucked. 

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Woody is paying Fitz $12M and is well aware of the hatred the fan base has towards Geno. Why would he intervene and tell the coaching staff to start him?

BINGO!!  Why would Woody influence Geno to start?  It's so stupid for people to think that.

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If your theory holds true, then they wouldn't have enough players to play. No one on this team is performing. You can't sit everyone. Sitting the QB is the only move, even if it's a lateral one.

That said, I'll be doing something other than watching the Jets this weekend. I don't need to relive the horrors of 2013 and 2014.

Okay but for me, I will be there at the stadium watching the Jets win.

I have missed like 3 home games in 30 years (damn honeymoon and birth of my children) so I don't plan on missing anything now.

Everybody is saying this is a Woody move. Well, GOOD! This move should have been made after the Chiefs game. It should not take a push from ownership to have an awful QB benched. It doesn't matter if Geno is bad. Fitz has been AWFUL and has not been able to do anything on offense. It's the coaches responsibility to bench him and go to the #2. Anyone who said the Jets never intended to play Geno are wrong. That makes absolutely no sense. Why waste a roster spot on him then. Bowles has simply been way too stubborn to bench Fitz, and it all came to a head in Arizona, when, once again, Fitz was playing awful and Bowles refused to put Geno in, causing Geno to explode on the sideline- rightfully so. 

I think Bowles may have just wanted to stick with Fitz for the first 6 games b/c they are so tough. He probably felt that Fitz gave him the 'best chance to win' against these tough opponents. But at some point you HAVE to realize that its not working. 

Unless the Jets keep losing, which I doubt, I think Geno will get at least the next 4 games as a starter- going into the bye. Then, they can re-evaluate. But to be honest, if he wins 2-3 of the next 4, he will be the starter until the Jets are mathematically eliminated and its time to see what the Jets have in Petty and Hack. 

1 minute ago, Jets_Win said:

Who knew we had so many JN posters in the Jets FO who can say unequivocally that Woody is responsible for the switch.

It's called experienced obsession, that'w why we're ALL HERE typing away like monkeys before NOON!

We've seen the silent hand of Woody affect and lead to POOR Personnel decisions before. 

Archived