Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

What are u whining about, Fitz has been worse than awful, a change had to be made.

It's the progression of the pecking order that Bowles set up. Fitz starter, Geno backup, Petty #3, Hack #4. I think we may see everybody before the season is out. However it will be hard to gauge a QB in 2 or 3 games whose never taken a snap in an NFL game. Dak and Wentz are exceptions to the rule of a college QB starting in this league. Even Mariota had a rough first year and is just starting to be good. Bortles as well. Anyway it's a start. Too bad it started 3 games too late.

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

Sorry but I disagree at some point these draft picks have to be given a chance regardless of NFL experience. 

Yes but one of your backups should have some NFL experience.  Especially if your starter is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Even is that backup is a 3rd stringer. 

Just now, Rexorcism said:

What are u whining about, Fitz has been worse than awful, a change had to be made.

How come they arent replacing the secondary then? The easiest thing to do is change QB's when things have gone down hill. This a PR move by the owner and clearly its working as you guys yuck it up.

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's upset.. Everything he and his pack of dopes have been screaming for months came crumbling down.

I'll let him simmer down then I expect his apology.

There is a way to make this point without personally attacking people. Not called for.

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

If you watched Bowles' post game presser Monday night he pretty much said that he was going to watch the game tape and discuss it with his coaches before making a decision to who was starting Sunday.

How exactly is this Woody's fault?

Just now, MaxAF said:

It's the progression of the pecking order that Bowles set up. Fitz starter, Geno backup, Petty #3, Hack #4. I think we may see everybody before the season is out. However it will be hard to gauge a QB in 2 or 3 games whose never taken a snap in an NFL game. Dak and Wentz are exceptions to the rule of a college QB starting in this league. Even Mariota had a rough first year and is just starting to be good. Bortles as well. Anyway it's a start. Too bad it started 3 games too late.

I would agree but Geno whining and throwing tantrums and they reward him by starting him?? Doubtful by Bowles... he does not seem like that type of coach.

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Least surprising news I've heard all day.

*********deep breath*********

Ok Geno, this is your shot, knock us all dead, kick the Ravens butts, and prove every one of your doubters and detractors (myself amongst them) drop dead WRONG about you!

Here we go Geno!  (ugh).

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It's clear the move was done by the owner. But continue.

So WHAT??? Its the right move. We should be criticizing Bowles for being so stubborn to the detriment of the team. It should not have taken the owner to make his feelings felt for this move to happen. If anything, we should be looking at this like Woody FOR A CHANGE interfered in personnel management to actually BETTER the team. Bowles should be embarrassed that he can't manage the QB position properly, or his defensive personnel or coaching staff. This defense is way too talented to be playing like this- on all fronts. And that comes down to coaching.   

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I refuse to apologize to a guy who to this day still believes Pennington, Sanchez and now Geno were/are actually good.  His opinions on QB's are irrelevant. 

Don't lump Pennington in with Sanchez and Geno.  Pennington was a good QB.  

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

If you watched Bowles' post game presser Monday night he pretty much said that he was going to watch the game tape and discuss it with his coaches before making a decision to who was starting Sunday.

How exactly is this Woody's fault?

While you are correct, the fact that the headline PRIOR to the game that was all abuzz was WOODY NOT HAPPY and IMPATIENT.

And considering the OWNER HAS PERSONALLY INTERVENED TO ACQUIRE BRET FAVRE & TIM TEBOW in years past signifies that IT IS NOT beneath the Jets FO/CS to cower under pressure from an unhappy boss.

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Yes but one of your backups should have some NFL experience.  Especially if your starter is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Even is that backup is a 3rd stringer. 

Teams all over the league are starting rookie QB's and yet we can't have our 4td rd pick in his SECOND year be our backup?  No way I don't buy it.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Don't lump Pennington in with Sanchez and Geno.  Pennington was a good QB.  

No, he wasn't.  Just look at his record against any good defense he ever faced.  He was a checkdown machine that beat weak teams and sucked against good ones.  Much like Fitzpatrick, except at least Fitzpatrick plays with some toughness, takes some shots downfield, and never told the media it was a "privilege" to cover him.  Nor did Fitz dupe us into giving him a longterm contract that had $20M+ guaranteed (which in today's dollars is a ton). 

If social media was as big as it is now during Pennington's era, there'd have been daily memes about how much of a d*ck he was and how often he threw tons of passes to the wrong team in any big game he ever played in. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Clear as day

And who cares what this Jason McIntyre has to say? 

Who is he to say no Jet players want Geno on the team? 

Season is just getting started. The tough 6 games are in the books, we squeezed one win out of them. Now it time to go on a run before the bye. Then get ready for the Patriots in OUR HOUSE. Go Jets!  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

So WHAT??? Its the right move. We should be criticizing Bowles for being so stubborn to the detriment of the team. It should not have taken the owner to make his feelings felt for this move to happen. If anything, we should be looking at this like Woody FOR A CHANGE interfered in personnel management to actually BETTER the team. Bowles should be embarrassed that he can't manage the QB position properly, or his defensive personnel or coaching staff. This defense is way too talented to be playing like this- on all fronts. And that comes down to coaching.   

IT UNDERMINES THE HEAD COACH's AUTHORITY OVER HIS TEAM STAFF AND PLAYERS. NOT A GOOD SIGN and INDICATIVE OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION when the OWNER CONSTANTLY INTERVENES WITH NO IDEA in regards to PRO FOOTBALL:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Ridiculous.  Anyone with two eyes could see that our "starter" sucked a$$.

Yes he sucked. Zero people denying this....however the coach named him the starter earlier in the week and suddenly changes his mind? Yeah, ok. QB is the easiest position to bench to keep people interested. We have the worst secondary in football...I'm sure Skirne and Revis will be trotting out there Sunday. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

IT UNDERMINES THE HEAD COACH's AUTHORITY OVER HIS TEAM STAFF AND PLAYERS. NOT A GOOD SIGN and INDICATIVE OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION when the OWNER CONSTANTLY INTERVENES WITH NO IDEA in regards to PRO FOOTBALL:rolleyes:

Although I hate the all caps... I agree

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Don't confuse Geno's amount with Fitz. 

Can you or other of the Anti Fitz religion even make one post on any topic without bringing up his name?  This is an honest question.  Does the fact that Fitzpatrick failed make Geno Smith a better QB?  I await your well thought out and well reasoned answer because your posts of late are resembling Patsfantx.

46 minutes ago, peebag said:

If they lose this weekend, there better be someone else hitting the unemployment line.

If they lose then start Petty next week. I am okay with that. If Petty starts and does back start Hackenberg.

If you get to week 15 and you know everyone sucks, pick up Manziel and start him. Oh wait you better pick him up earlier because I think he owes the league a suspension lol.

Bottom line, just find a QB.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yes he sucked. Zero people denying this....however the coach named him the starter earlier in the week and suddenly changes his mind? Yeah, ok. QB is the easiest position to bench to keep people interested. We have the worst secondary in football...I'm sure Skirne and Revis will be trotting out there Sunday. 

Bowles left the window open.  He never was 100% with sh*tz starting.

2 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Teams all over the league are starting rookie QB's and yet we can't have our 4td rd pick in his SECOND year be our backup?  No way I don't buy it.

Who cares what other teams are doing. Seriously. I mean Petty COULD have been the backup. And the Jets looked at him as a potential backup going into the season. But he didn't show enough to get that job. So they kept Geno. I don;t see what' so wring with that. I don't see why its surprising.  

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Although I hate the all caps... I agree

I never understood why people have issues with capital letters. It's emphasis. Those that translate it as "screaming" are ridiculous, your computer doesn't read aloud the posts causing you to be deaf. 

30 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Its bad ... Undercutting your coaches is just bad... and Geno doesn't deserve to start with all his hissy fits... he acts like he is 10 years old

How can you be so sure this is Woody, Mac is calling the shots at QB. Woody paid 12 million for Fitz, that's why he played as long as he did plus multiple other reasons I am sure.

Archived