Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

BINGO!

F*ck Marshall and his mancrush on Fitz. These guys earned Geno. 

Marshall has a man crush on whom ever is the QB as long as he is getting the ball, I wouldn't worry about it.  He was all about Geno when he 1st got here.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good!!!  A QB who is 1-6 in his last seven games and has played historically bad in a couple of them should

be benched.  Smith deserves a shot and at least he has an arm strong enough to reach our fast WR's.

Amazing that it took Fitzpatrick all of 6 games this year to show he wasn't worth any of the $$$ he held out for

The pass defense has been historically bad too. Why hasnt anyone been replaced?

Bowles is a player's coach. I'm not surprised that immediately after the game he stood up for Fitz. That's Bowles.

I'm also not surprised that beginning on Tuesday there was some backtracking on Monday's comments. The coaches met. They looked at tape. They discussed their options. The coaches know Fitz has been horrible. They also know the locker room likes him. But you have to make a move for accountability. And in 2016,  that starts and ends at the QB position.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The pass defense has been historically bad too. Why hasnt anyone been replaced?

Because Bowles is a defensive-minded coach with a background as a secondary coach.  Is he supposed to fire himself?  I guess he could fire the DC but its still basically HIS defense.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Marshall has a man crush on whom ever is the QB as long as he is getting the ball, I wouldn't worry about it.  He was all about Geno when he 1st got here.

100% true, and not exactly a bad thing.  He has the attention span of a Golden Retriever when it comes to this.

The writer of the new article on NFL.com re geno starting has it about right, he must read our forum.

"The Jets weren't going anywhere with Fitzpatrick. Smith's history, however, doesn't suggest he'll immediately turn the plane around. Even his brief appearance Monday night was a microcosm of Smith's ups and downs. The fourth-year pro made some strong, confident throws, but also had a strip sack where he lacked awareness and an interception on fourth down.

Geno has upside, but it comes with semi-regular vomit-inducing plunges"

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good!!!  A QB who is 1-6 in his last seven games and has played historically bad in a couple of them should

be benched.  Smith deserves a shot and at least he has an arm strong enough to reach our fast WR's.

Amazing that it took Fitzpatrick all of 6 games this year to show he wasn't worth any of the $$$ he held out for

What's Geno's record in his last 7 games? Does it include his historically bad game where his rating was 0.0? Geno is as bad if not worse than Fitz. This is change for change sake because the season is pretty much over. The only hope is that Petty gets a handful of games and the Jets can get evaluation on a QB that will actually be a Jet next season. 

Starting Geno is simply the necessary precursor to moving on to Petty.  He gets the start, falls on his face and then they start Petty the next week without a peep out of Geno's camp.  It's a wasted week that sets up giving Petty the rest of the season as our starter.  The towel has officially been thrown in.

Just now, shuler82 said:

Not for nothing, but we'd be heading to 1-6 either way. 

Yeah but this shows Woody is still running the show and trying to be involved when he knows nothing about football. I thought that he brought in Casserly and Wolf showed some progression in his nature. Then he does this

12 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

link that this was Woody or stfu.

Hey $hithead, that post was answering as to WHY most think it's Woody and he HAS intervened in the past to acquire Favre and Tebow DESPITE CS opposition at those times. 

Don't tell me to STFU, learn to read a post in its proper context. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What's Geno's record in his last 7 games? Does it include his historically bad game where his rating was 0.0? Geno is as bad if not worse than Fitz. This is change for change sake because the season is pretty much over. The only hope is that Petty gets a handful of games and the Jets can get evaluation on a QB that will actually be a Jet next season. 

I know this is in vogue to recite this lie but most of us know it's not true.  Geno has never been as consistently bad as the last month and a half we've seen from Fitz.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno isn't saving our defense or our season.  Geno is now officially the bridge to Petty, as well as the bridge to continue our path towards the # 1 pick.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

petty is the bridge to hack, who is the bridge to a sophomore in the SEC who is the bridge to the #7 ranked junior qb in HS.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The writer of the new article on NFL.com re geno starting has it about right, he must read our forum.

"The Jets weren't going anywhere with Fitzpatrick. Smith's history, however, doesn't suggest he'll immediately turn the plane around. Even his brief appearance Monday night was a microcosm of Smith's ups and downs. The fourth-year pro made some strong, confident throws, but also had a strip sack where he lacked awareness and an interception on fourth down.

Geno has upside, but it comes with semi-regular vomit-inducing plunges"

The 4th down interception was fine. Anyone with an iq over 20 would grasp that.  Did the writer want geno to take ac sack on 4th down or throw it away? 

On the other hand,  the strip sack....

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I may be wrong, but I think that game in Miami when he posted a perfect QB rating was his last start

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The 4th down interception was fine. Anyone with an iq over 20 would grasp that.  Did the writer want geno to take ac sack on 4th down or throw it away? 

On the other hand,  the strip sack....

How many of Fitzpatricks 4th quarter interceptions are you willing to excuse?

I'd say I was looking forward to finally putting to bed some of the Geno and Gaily questions, but it's too late.

Honestly, if ever I've been behind Geno, it's going be this week more so than any other. I HATE Baltimore. I hate losing to them, and I hate the asshile fans.

Give me this Geno, step on those bastards throats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived