Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

If they lose then start Petty next week. I am okay with that. If Petty starts and does back start Hackenberg.

If you get to week 15 and you know everyone sucks, pick up Manziel and start him. Oh wait you better pick him up earlier because I think he owes the league a suspension lol.

Bottom line, just find a QB.

Knowing how the Jets operate petty will get into one half of the last game of the year and next off season we will dump fitz, let geno walk and have zero clue if petty or Hack can play.  We will then go on the search for the next hold the fort lousy vet qb.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys - on this Woody stuff, PLEASE. Please, please, please unless you have an ounce of actual proof please don't post this stuff.

Woody Johnson is a money guy. Woody Johnson knows that Geno Smith has no contract next year. The absolute worst situation for a money guy to be in would be for Geno to go 6 and 4 or 7 and 3. The team ends up 8 and 8, and then what? You have to give Geno a big contract?

Plus Geno Smith is not energizing the fan base to the level where he is going to sell new tickets on Sunday or anytime this season.

If Woody was involved, Petty or Hackenberg would be starting on Sunday.

I am all for conspiracy theories but this one is WAY off.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they lose then start Petty next week. I am okay with that. If Petty starts and does back start Hackenberg.

If you get to week 15 and you know everyone sucks, pick up Manziel and start him. Oh wait you better pick him up earlier because I think he owes the league a suspension lol.

Bottom line, just find a QB.

QB tryouts generally dont occur during the season. 

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Who cares what other teams are doing. Seriously. I mean Petty COULD have been the backup. And the Jets looked at him as a potential backup going into the season. But he didn't show enough to get that job. So they kept Geno. I don;t see what' so wring with that. I don't see why its surprising.  

We have zero idea really if this was the case of not due to the injury.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How come they arent replacing the secondary then? The easiest thing to do is change QB's when things have gone down hill. This a PR move by the owner and clearly its working as you guys yuck it up.

If we were all claiming that Geno is our savior and will lead us to the promised land, you would be correct. But we all know this season is lost, all that matters is finding out who can be QB in 2017. 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There is a way to make this point without personally attacking people. Not called for.

He knows I'm kidding..  we've played mafia for years and this is nothing compared to what we're used to.  He'd never complain about this..  Just like you'll never hear me complain and the 10,000 times I've been called an idiot, moron, lawn care worker, etc. 

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

How can you be so sure this is Woody, Mac is calling the shots at QB. Woody paid 12 million for Fitz, that's why he played as long as he did plus multiple other reasons I am sure.

Answer:

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

And considering the OWNER HAS PERSONALLY INTERVENED TO ACQUIRE BRET FAVRE & TIM TEBOW in years past signifies that IT IS NOT beneath the Jets FO/CS to cower under pressure from an unhappy boss.

That's WHY most are sure it's Woody

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

IT UNDERMINES THE HEAD COACH's AUTHORITY OVER HIS TEAM STAFF AND PLAYERS. NOT A GOOD SIGN and INDICATIVE OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION when the OWNER CONSTANTLY INTERVENES WITH NO IDEA in regards to PRO FOOTBALL:rolleyes:

I don't like Woody. In fact earlier this week I posted about how dumb of a guy he is. With that said, if Favre doesn't hurt his shoulder that season I think we make it DEEP into the playoffs. Just because he is dumb doesn't mean he is always wrong. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was an injury prone a$$hole who cost us $64M because of 1 good year.  Cute revisionist history though. 

Why the "a$$hole" comment? And $64mil seems pretty off. A good $20mil off on the extension part, which you clearly referred to. Overall earnings in NY? Probably closer to that $64 mil you didn't refer to...over 9 years with 3 playoff appearances. Remind me again how many playoffs has Fitz been in and what he's earning this year?

How come they arent replacing the secondary then? The easiest thing to do is change QB's when things have gone down hill. This a PR move by the owner and clearly its working as you guys yuck it up.

Because the quarterback is the leader of the team. If the team is playing bad you can't replace the whole team but if the quarterback is also playing bad, you can replace the quarterback and maybe give the team a spark.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes he sucked. Zero people denying this....however the coach named him the starter earlier in the week and suddenly changes his mind? Yeah, ok. QB is the easiest position to bench to keep people interested. We have the worst secondary in football...I'm sure Skirne and Revis will be trotting out there Sunday. 

If zero people are denying this Bowles would NOT have named him starter. Obviously, Bowles is denying this. He is too stubborn and wants the veteran to go out there. You think Woody did this b/c he doesn;t want people booing or b/c he wants to keep[ people ;'interested'? He did this b/c he can no longer watch Fitz throwing INT's., scoring zero points in the second half. And generally playing awful. Bowles should be embarrassed that it took the owner to interfere for this move to finally be made. 

We have the worst secondary in football but if you think benching Revis and Skrine is the right move you are mistaken. Are you suggesting M.Williams and D.Roberts starting as the #1 and #2 CBs is a better option?

What Bowles SHOULD have done is put Skrine back in the slot, where he plays his best football and can be utilized as a blitzer (which was very effective last year). Revis and M.Williams can play on the outside. And if either one of them are getting beat like a drum (my god did you see how Skrine was abused on the outside in Arizona?), he needs to put in Burris, who has played well every time given an opportunity.  

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Can you or other of the Anti Fitz religion even make one post on any topic without bringing up his name?  This is an honest question.  Does the fact that Fitzpatrick failed make Geno Smith a better QB?  I await your well thought out and well reasoned answer because your posts of late are resembling Patsfantx.

I'm enjoying it now. Next week I'll be pulling a @SAR I rendition saying "Geno threw 6 picks, but only 1 was on him...but besides that Geno was decent". Lol. 

Relax, and just enjoy for the week. Geno's gonna mess it up anyway then it will be your turn! 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Answer:

That's WHY most are sure it's Woody

I have to disagree his consultant Casserly came out yesterday and said he thinks Fitz should remain as the starter. I can't see how Chan, Bowles, and Mac could put Fitz on the field after Monday night. Bowles is not going to come out after a game and say his QB is benched for good. He consulted with Mac and Gailey and made the right choice. 

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Who cares what other teams are doing. Seriously. I mean Petty COULD have been the backup. And the Jets looked at him as a potential backup going into the season. But he didn't show enough to get that job. So they kept Geno. I don;t see what' so wring with that. I don't see why its surprising.  

The Jets went into this season thinking that if Fitz could repeat his performance from last year, and if Forte could light things up, this team could make the playoffs. I don't fault them for that. Unlike Tanny, Macc clearly doesn't see this team as a multi-year dynasty (just look at the contracts for evidence), he sees it as a possible lightning in the bottle situation. Because of that, they wanted a backup with game day experience in the event that Fitz was injured and missed 1 or 2 games. That is all. 

Clearly, the season hasn't played out that way so they move on to Plan B. Play the youngsters and think about the future. 

17 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

IT UNDERMINES THE HEAD COACH's AUTHORITY OVER HIS TEAM STAFF AND PLAYERS. NOT A GOOD SIGN and INDICATIVE OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION when the OWNER CONSTANTLY INTERVENES WITH NO IDEA in regards to PRO FOOTBALL:rolleyes:

link that this was Woody or stfu.

36 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's upset.. Everything he and his pack of dopes have been screaming for months came crumbling down.

I never screamed anything about how this defense would be great, so I don't see why that one is on me to apologize for.  No one here thought the D would be this bad. 

13 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Why the "a$$hole" comment? And $64mil seems pretty off. A good $20mil off on the extension part, which you clearly referred to. Overall earnings in NY? Probably closer to that $64 mil you didn't refer to...over 9 years with 3 playoff appearances. Remind me again how many playoffs has Fitz been in and what he's earning this year?

Because he WAS an a$$hole, and its well documented.

That team led by Pennington had a loaded roster built by Bill Parcells.  Chad Pennington was a 1st round pick and a heavily paid QB, yet sucked whenever we needed him the most.  He was no better, and actually worse, than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Good!!!  A QB who is 1-6 in his last seven games and has played historically bad in a couple of them should

be benched.  Smith deserves a shot and at least he has an arm strong enough to reach our fast WR's.

Amazing that it took Fitzpatrick all of 6 games this year to show he wasn't worth any of the $$$ he held out for

Fitz had to be benched.  Good move. Start Geno until Petty and/or Hackenberg is ready to play THIS year.  Good move.  It will be a BAD move if Geno somehow manages to start for than a game or two.  He's not the future of the franchise and quite frankly, doesn't deserve to start for this team.  He's proven to be an immature player who doesn't possess the skills required to be successful in the NFL and should be released as soon as Petty is ready.

Archived