In Which Todd Bowles Basically Says the Locker Room Hates Geno

Doggin94it

Q: Do Geno's teammates respect him?

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think every QB in the league is liked by his teammates.  Do you think everyone likes Tom Brady even with all those SB's . Do you think players all stood behind Brett Favre .

We've heard countless tales about how everyone loves Fitzy, and what has this done to the win/loss column. Bottom line when Geno  or Petty or Hack is under center they are the leader - players understand this from the peewee leagues up through the pros, if we have players who can't handle it then cut their asses. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you think every QB in the league is liked by his teammates.  Do you think everyone likes Tom Brady even with all those SB's . Do you think players all stood behind Brett Favre .

We've heard countless tales about how everyone loves Fitzy, and what has this done to the win/loss column. Bottom line when Geno  or Petty or Hack is under center they are the leader - players understand this from the peewee leagues up through the pros, if we have players who can't handle it then cut their asses. 

Everybody? No.  But see if you can name me another starting QB who is as personally despised by his teammates as it seems like Geno is.

No, Cutler doesn't count. I said "starting"

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Everybody? No.  But see if you can name me another starting QB who is as personally despised by his teammates as it seems like Geno is.

cutler counts

rodgers

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They will rally behind geno if they actual win a game.. I think they forget what that is like playing with fitzgarbage 

How about we start with our scoring a TD before we are winning a game LOL?

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Now there's the key. Bowles says they don't hang out with him but they don't hate him , they get along in the lockerroom.  Fitz is an anomaly he sucks and everyone loves him , I give him props for that its a mad skill to have , in addition he made $12M for playing like a pop Warner QB. 

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Wilson, Tannehill, Cam, Bradford just off the top of my head. 

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Now there's the key. Bowles says they don't hang out with him but they don't hate him , they get along in the lockerroom.  Fitz is an anomaly he sucks and everyone loves him , I give him props for that its a mad skill to have , in addition he made $12M for playing like a pop Warner QB. 

Do you think Fitz hangs out with everyone in the lockerrom?  If so, he's a busy dude and I feel bad for his wife and 5 kids.  They must never see him.

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Guy got a broken jaw in the locker room. Pretty sure we could have guessed this,.

And the IK friend network is reaching its millionth subscriber this month. The fact that he got his jaw broken by a psychopath should have no bearing on anything. 

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Guy got a broken jaw in the locker room. Pretty sure we could have guessed this,.

At least there was one guy who didn't particularly care for him. Didn't see alot of guys publicly run to support him either. Hmmm???

Geno is starting against the ravens if he wins everyone will love him. If he loses expect 100 threads about how terrible he is and how it is time to start petty. At this point it is what it is and your rational or irrational hatred for a player is not going to change it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I've always heard that Rodgers is extremely disliked by his teammates.

59 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

As a Jets fan I couldn't care less how he is as a human being, I simply want a quality QB. They will learn to like him if he leads them to wins. I always thought he was kind of thuggish but I really don't know the man at all, so all I care about is how he performs on the field.

45 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah, Fitz let EVERYBODY down, but he got his. I hope it's enough because I think it's his last roundup. To lose your job to Geno Smith because you can't make plays anymore is embarrassing as hell.

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

It reads like someone is trying to say, "most people respect him, some don't. he isn't very popular but everyone has a job to do. he isn't that bad a guy really"

1) They're teammates and not friends. You don't have to like your teammates. Russell Wilson didn't get along with all his teammates (Harvin, Tate, etc). Cam Newton and Josh Norman got into a fight at training camp last year. It happens. It's not really an indicator of anything.

2) Bowles said they didn't hate them. They just aren't friends with him. Which is fine. Like I said before, you don't have to like your teammates. Football is your job. When it comes to work, I've always had the mindset of "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to work/make money"

59 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the IK friend network is reaching its millionth subscriber this month. The fact that he got his jaw broken by a psychopath should have no bearing on anything. 

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Hard to imagine anyone on the Patriots ever punching Tom Brady in the face, but if they did, it's even harder to believe there would be a hugfest the next time the offending moron stepped on the field with his former team. And his ******* center of all people.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm confused.  

He was asked if they respect him to which he said yes.  And then he said, "they dont him, ya know?" but you're saying that is his way of saying they hate him?

This 100%!!!

He never implied that anyone even dislikes Geno but from that Jets fans get everyone hates him!!

Good Grief!!!

Archived