Jump to content

In Which Todd Bowles Basically Says the Locker Room Hates Geno


Doggin94it
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Hard to imagine anyone on the Patriots ever punching Tom Brady in the face, but if they did, it's even harder to believe there would be a hugfest the next time the offending moron stepped on the field with his former team. And his ******* center of all people.

What's that prove?  Everyone shakes hands.  Belicheat even hugged Mangini and we know for a fact that he hates Mangini.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Image result for jets bills ik enemkpali

Hard to imagine anyone on the Patriots ever punching Tom Brady in the face, but if they did, it's even harder to believe there would be a hugfest the next time the offending moron stepped on the field with his former team. And his ******* center of all people.

Let's say you are correct in your assessment of this situation. I would not want any of these guys on my team . All members of a family don't always like each other, but you injure 1, and you injure all . .

It's all in how you see a thing. Anything can be twisted to fit whatever purpose you want it to serve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

petty's shoulder injury really hurt the team in several ways, including PR

I would agree with this if the Jets did not resign Fitz and the injury still occurred . The Jets need to know for certain what Geno Smith is. .

Next season, the Jets will still need a veteran backup and it shouldn't be Fitz. Geno is going to find out if he has a future in the NFL.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ran and swam in college in Boston during the mid 2000s when Brady began his holy ascension and I knew a handful of athletic trainers who said that Brady was genuinely disliked by a lot of his teammates and employees etc. but he won, and you know what? People really love to win, especially when that's your job. 

I'm sure people don't like Geno, he seems like an absolute dick, how is this news? If he plays well and they win, he'll still be a dick, but one that they'll enjoy playing with more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

lolwut

 

You don't think every player is disappointed to be benched?

Ofcourse..but he said disappointed in Bowles "decision." So that is very different. Plus he really went off on a arrogant tirade.. 

"The guy that was the leader of this team last year and the beginning of this year wants to be out there. But it's the decision that Todd made. And I've got to respect his decision. But I don't have to like it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ofcourse..but he said disappointed in Bowles "decision." So that is very different. Plus he really went off on a arrogant tirade.. 

"The guy that was the leader of this team last year and the beginning of this year wants to be out there. But it's the decision that Todd made. And I've got to respect his decision. But I don't have to like it."

The fact is every athlete who's ever played at least 1 series / drive/ at-bat, you name it, at the pro level are all selfish, entitled, me-first, and psychopathically competitive human beings. The film may say otherwise, but every last one of them believes they can play through a "slump" & get themselves in the right direction. It may seem delusional in some, if not most, cases, but if they didn't have that bat-sh!t crazy drive and belief in themselves they'd have never got to the pro level in the first place.

Any athlete who's happy with a benching is either A) lying through his teeth, B ) is about a week away from retiring, anyway, or C) (and most likely) non-existent. You better believe each and every last man on the bench couldn't care less if a teammate lands on IR with a gruesome injury if that means he's now the horse who gets to run in the derby. Montana got the starting job at ND when the starting QB literally almost died from a hit that left him with a broken neck & back, and 20+ years later, Mo Lewis nearly killed Bledsoe when he blew up his insides, giving Brady his chance. I'm pretty sure neither Montana nor Brady have 2 f**ks to give at the gruesome fates of their predecessors to this very day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Q: Do Geno's teammates respect him?

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

 

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

Todd on what he's seen from Geno.....

On what he’s seen from Smith in practice so far this season…
He takes reps. He’s been taking reps with the first team all week. Practice is easy. The games are different. I’ve seen progress from a lot of people in practice that hasn’t translated to Sunday. But he had an opportunity to do some things on Sunday that he’s been denied from for a year and half, so we’re going to see if he can do it.

Lol.  Or Cry.  Yeah, cry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was punched in the jaw by a teammate, and no other teammates stuck up for him. That's your first sign right there. Despite being the worst QB in the league and starting 1-5, there wasn't even a hint of dissension or backstabbing against Fitzpatrick among the starters. That's a sign.

When you combine performing poorly for 2 years and being disliked by teammates, that's a really, really bad look. If you're going to be a jackass as the QB, you better bring better talent and execution otherwise you just can't get away with it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you think every QB in the league is liked by his teammates.  Do you think everyone likes Tom Brady even with all those SB's . Do you think players all stood behind Brett Favre .

We've heard countless tales about how everyone loves Fitzy, and what has this done to the win/loss column. Bottom line when Geno  or Petty or Hack is under center they are the leader - players understand this from the peewee leagues up through the pros, if we have players who can't handle it then cut their asses. 

Comparing Geno to Brady and Favre. Righteous man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Todd on what he's seen from Geno.....

On what he’s seen from Smith in practice so far this season…
He takes reps. He’s been taking reps with the first team all week. Practice is easy. The games are different. I’ve seen progress from a lot of people in practice that hasn’t translated to Sunday. But he had an opportunity to do some things on Sunday that he’s been denied from for a year and half, so we’re going to see if he can do it.

Lol.  Or Cry.  Yeah, cry.

This is a much more telling quote. It reiterates what fans have seen from Geno since day one. I hope he finally also shows his ability this Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Q: Do Geno's teammates respect him?

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

 

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

It reads to me like Bowles was simply cutting to the chase because he knew what the question was really asking. 

I don't really see much here in this one. Geno isn't beloved like Fitz, but right about now Fitz isn't even an NFL QB, if players can't see that then honestly Geno isn't the problem.

In the end, I don't care what they think of him personally, as long as they can get it done on the field. And if they can't get over the fact that Geno is the guy then again, Geno isn't the problem here. Go out and play football like you're trying to win games. That will help build chemistry...which is the only relationship I as a fan care about. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Q: Do Geno's teammates respect him?

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

 

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm confused.  

He was asked if they respect him to which he said yes.  And then he said, "they dont him, ya know?" but you're saying that is his way of saying they hate him?

Yeah, Bowles said the teammates respect him and Mr. OP thinks the entire locker room despises him by a huge margin. Lots of emphasis on the 'huge margin'. Almost beyond belief hatred the locker room has for Geno for getting pissed off at a 1-5 start. 

Im thinking apocalypse is near. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Everybody? No.  But see if you can name me another starting QB who is as personally despised by his teammates as it seems like Geno is.

No, Cutler doesn't count. I said "starting"

You clearly said "nobody can stand him...". Off to your second question, what does that have to do with Geno? Now back to your original translation, why do you think Bowles saying "they all get along in the locker room" means "Nobody can stand him"? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Q: Do Geno's teammates respect him?

A: I'm sure they do. You can respect people as a player and not hang out with that person. This is football. They don't have to be best friends. They don't hate him, you know?  They all get along in the locker room, they respect his ability. he respects their ability.

 

I mean ... wow. Just wow.  Yes, he says the words "they don't hate him", but from a coach talking about his starting QB, that's as close as I can imagine anyone getting to actually saying "nobody can stand him as a human being"

Like Parcells would say, winning solves everything. If Geno does well, he'll become best friends with the players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I don't really see much here in this one. Geno isn't beloved like Fitz, but right about now Fitz isn't even an NFL QB, if players can't see that then honestly Geno isn't the problem.

In the end, I don't care what they think of him personally, as long as they can get it done on the field. And if they can't get over the fact that Geno is the guy then again, Geno isn't the problem here. Go out and play football like you're trying to win games. That will help build chemistry...which is the only relationship I as a fan care about. 

"That leadership stuff is overrated." - Jeff George

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it's time to stop letting certain players dictate the roster because this team hasn't played well enough to allow that.  It's not all Fitz's fault but the way he played gave the Jets no choice.  I don't care how many hockey games him and Mangold go to together we're 1-5 with a QB who held out leading the league in turnovers a change had to be made.  Fitz did it to himself so whether the team likes Geno or not they need to get on board or Bowles needs to bench them too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

Well it's time to stop letting certain players dictate the roster because this team hasn't played well enough to allow that.  It's not all Fitz's fault but the way he played gave the Jets no choice.  I don't care how many hockey games him and Mangold go to together we're 1-5 with a QB who held out leading the league in turnovers a change had to be made.  Fitz did it to himself so whether the team likes Geno or not they need to get on board or Bowles needs to bench them too. 

Exactly and if Mangold and Marshall lay down with Geno Smith as the QB bench them.  Its not a popularity contest I've been saying that all along,players should not dictate who plays that happened and look where we are 1-5. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Guy got a broken jaw in the locker room. Pretty sure we could have guessed this,.

broken jaw and everyone watched, that is the problem.  I knew someone who went to the falcons a couple years back and said that everyone thought Matty Ice was a total prick, doesnt mean they didnt have his back since he is the QB though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

"That leadership stuff is overrated." - Jeff George

 

 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

When you're 1-5, it pretty much is my friend. 

 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Priceless.

Wait, are you guys saying the locker room loving Fitz didn't help the team? I thought QB having three buddies in the locker room meant playoffs.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...