Fitz not happy about being benched

JustInFudge

3 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm not happy that every week for the last month I've had to explain to my 12 year old that our team sucking in football is ok and he shouldn't let him bum him out.  I'm also not happy that I've had to say "oh jeez" or "man we suck" in a calm voice rather than screaming the obscenity laced tirade I'd be doing if he wasn't in the room with me.

Take that Rubix Cube and shove it straight up your ass.  Don't care that you think you don't suck.  You do.  Congrats on swindling NFL teams for millions upon millions of dollars.  No one said you were dumb.

^^^ Ironic coming from a guy who once supported and praised an equally terrible (or worse) QB who swindled the Jets into a $64M contract. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Our roster is decent a better HC/QB we are probably 3-3 now

I agree with the QB part. I am not a Bowles apologist, but I think this team is a bad mix. I actually believe Sheldon is a locker room lawyer.  I do not blame Bowles  for that--Sheldon is too stupid to reason with.  REvis is a superstar in decline--never a good thing to have on your team

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's done this with all 6 teams he's been with in his NFL career. 

And it will be the last time.. Next yr there will be s good amount of qbs that are much better looking for jobs. He will be extremely lucky to be offered the vet min as a 3rd stringer somewhere.. He should just retire and go back to doing what he does best. Play in the treehouse with his kids..

It's been the story of Fitz's career. He looks good someplace they give him some security and he doesn't perform. I'm not so sure he doesn't play again this season for the Jets. He was benched in Houston and then when he came back he played well.  But I think unless things turn around they go with Petty in the month of December. 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

He gets $12 million to suck horribly and ride the bench

I get paid a lot less money to be better at my job

He's turning 34, this will be the end of the road for him.  He'll wind up making more money than any player currently in the Hall Of Fame for basically sucking his whole career.  If Geno Smith were paying attention he'd have behaved better as this is his only shot at a long-lasting NFL career.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

He's turning 34, this will be the end of the road for him.  He'll wind up making more money than any player currently in the Hall Of Fame for basically sucking his whole career.  If Geno Smith were paying attention he'd have behaved better.

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the reason the Jets are 1-5 and the 2016 season is almost in the trash can. 

Interesting we turn to a QB many hate and have lost faith in. 

Cheer on your team the NY Jets regardless of who's the QB

The Geno Smith supporters cheered for Fitzpatrick and he failed us. 

Never mention the Hall of Fame and Ryan Fitzpatrick in the same sentence. 

I will excuse this and blame it on Jet lag. 

I like that you guys are honest about hoping Geno fails so we get to see Petty. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to chastise people for doing that I just like to see the honesty instead of pretending you want to see Geno play well. 

2 minutes ago, August said:

I like that you guys are honest about hoping Geno fails so we get to see Petty. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to chastise people for doing that I just like to see the honesty instead of pretending you want to see Geno play well. 

Sadly these people hoping for failure from any Jets player is really really sad. 

8 hours ago, varjet said:

Without Ivory opposing defenses drop the LBs into the coverage zones within Fitz's range.  The team back built is not designed to work with Fitz' skill set.   That is why they keep calling Forte on running plays-because the zones where he could catch the call are covered.  The OL is also not good enough to control the opposing DL, which also allows the LBs to play back a bit.

Thus, the Jets need to play a QB who can throw the ball farther and faster.  Its really that simple.  With the tall and fast WRs on the roster, a QB with an arm can change the offense completely, so long as we get some pass-blocking.

I don't know where this ends up for Geno but I don't know why people think Petty can play.  he is just back from a shoulder injury.  He has not played for 6 weeks.  He cannot step in.  

Macc was building the team he wanted for the long term-Fitz was a last minute signing.  He was likely forced on him by Woody.  Then Bowles played him because he was being played 12mm.  The result was foredestined.

So let Geno play and see what he can do.  Hopefully we can see how the other guys play.  If Geno is extended, which hopefully does not happen, it should not be for Fitz 2016 money.

Quality post.

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets roster is decent?

Jets have the oldest roster in the NFL and don't have one game-changing, playmaker on either side of the football.

Vince Lombardi would not be 3-3 with that terrible roster.

Brandon Marshall is old but on the Patriots guarantees a Super Bowl. Remember that Randy guy? One hand catch, Revis face ? Like that. Leonard Williams will get there soon enough.  Other than that I got not nothing. 

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He gets $12 million to suck horribly and ride the bench

I get paid a lot less money to be better at my job

LOL

Yeah but your not one of the top 32 at your job in the universe.  Or at least a multi billion dollar franchise.  

Hey, he sucks.  He's a nice guy, good for him.  He got $12,000,000 of woody's money.  Good for him.  Wish i did

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Yeah but your not one of the top 32 at your job in the universe.  Or at least a multi billion dollar franchise.  

Hey, he sucks.  He's a nice guy, good for him.  He got $12,000,000 of woody's money.  Good for him.  Wish i did

Neither is Fitz. Never was. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the reason the Jets are 1-5 and the 2016 season is almost in the trash can. 

Interesting we turn to a QB many hate and have lost faith in. 

Cheer on your team the NY Jets regardless of who's the QB

The Geno Smith supporters cheered for Fitzpatrick and he failed us. 

Never mention the Hall of Fame and Ryan Fitzpatrick in the same sentence. 

I will excuse this and blame it on Jet lag. 

Geno Smith's Bust is the reason we are 1-5 and headed to the dumpster, by Year 4 he was supposed to be our franchise quarterback and the only way he gets a start now is off the crumbs of a scrub journeyman.

I like your quote "cheer your team regardless of who is the QB" as those are words I would have liked you to live by during the first six weeks of the season.

SAR I

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Our roster is decent a better HC/QB we are probably 3-3 now

Successful NFL head coaches and franchise quarterbacks are the hardest positions to fill in all of sports.

Our defense is what's killing us, no quarterback can improve that side of the ball. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Winning fixes everything fellas win some games and watch how quickly things change here, 

Had our lousy defense held onto the lead vs. the Bengals, we'd be 2-4 which is where we needed to be in order to still be in a wildcard hunt.

We aren't going to win games with Geno Smith under center.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Had our lousy defense held onto the lead vs. the Bengals, we'd be 2-4 which is where we needed to be in order to still be in a wildcard hunt.

We aren't going to win games with Geno Smith under center.

SAR I

the team sucks and fitzpatrick is complete sh*t. we aren't going to win games with that ******* loser with his sh*t arm and sh*t decisions. might as well give geno a couple games and then when he sucks give petty a few games. get used to it, the jets are a bad team. bowles is sh*t also and needs to go. macaggnan might have to go too. 

25 minutes ago, faba said:

fitz was supposed to be a stopgap- exactly until we acquire a bonafide starter or develop a QB from the draft- he knew this or should have instead of being delusional so no crying

Delusional? Crying? Neither one of those is apt in describing Fitz. He knows better than anyone else his limitations and this situation. He didn't say anything or do anything that would be considered showing up a teammate or coach. The same cannot be said for the new starter.

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

Neither is Fitz. Never was. 

Geno was worse than number 32 in 2013 and 2014. That's right. He was rated worse than some backups that saw significant time. 

Haven't read the story.  Mainly because I couldn't give two sh!ts about Fitz, but continually reading the thread title saying he's not happy, is enjoyable.

He deserves it after what he did to all of us.  He needs to stfu, count his money and leave the league after the season.

18 hours ago, August said:

If I thought there was an actual chance of the team retaining him past this season I'd feel otherwise. He should have been inserted in KC but what's done is done. 

Right now I'm interested in what's good for the Jets after 2016, not what's good for Geno Smith. If he does really well for a stretch, he'll not only stay on the field, but he'll then take his services elsewhere. In his position, should that come to pass, so would I and so would you. How does this help the Jets in 2017 and beyond?

I want to see Petty because I want to see what happens to him when he repeatedly gets hit (or does he just get injured again). I want to see him in pressure situations. I want to see what he is working with the starters. Not because I know (or even think) he'll be so good, but because there are more questions than answers with regard to him. The most general question is this:

For next year, can we rely upon Bryce Petty enough to be the starter, the #2, or should we just cut him? This is a question that will not be answered by playing Geno with Fitz backing him up.

24 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Haven't read the story.  Mainly because I couldn't give two sh!ts about Fitz, but continually reading the thread title saying he's not happy, is enjoyable.

He deserves it after what he did to all of us.  He needs to stfu, count his money and leave the league after the season.

I actually agree with this 100%, but how do we make the defense accountable as a next step? Because QB is just the tip of the spear that got shoved through our heats this season.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If I thought there was an actual chance of the team retaining him past this season I'd feel otherwise. He should have been inserted in KC but what's done is done. 

Right now I'm interested in what's good for the Jets after 2016, not what's good for Geno Smith. If he does really well for a stretch, he'll not only stay on the field, but he'll then take his services elsewhere. In his position, should that come to pass, so would I and so would you. How does this help the Jets in 2017 and beyond?

I want to see Petty because I want to see what happens to him when he repeatedly gets hit (or does he just get injured again). I want to see him in pressure situations. I want to see what he is working with the starters. Not because I know (or even think) he'll be so good, but because there are more questions than answers with regard to him but the most general is this:

For next year, can we rely upon Bryce Petty enough to be the starter, the #2, or should we just cut him? This is a question that will not be answered by playing Geno with Fitz backing him up.

1. Where else is Geno going to go that has an immediate open starting job? Maybe the Bears? But they will definitely be drafting a QB in round 1. And they have Hoyer/Culter as a bridge until that young QB is ready. His best bet for being a starter is right here in NY. He's not going anywhere unless the Jets let him walk. 

2. Geno playing well IS good for the Jets, you simply just prefer to see Petty which is fine.

37 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Trash post by a trash poster. Taking joy from someone else's misfortunes is being a terrible human. He didn't do anything to you personally and the fact you take it that way says more about you than it does him. And if you think he's out of the league next year, that's a farce. Matt freakin' Barkley and many other terrible QBs are in the league right now. He's got another 2-3 years of back up years if he wants them. 

Archived