Jump to content

Fitz not happy about being benched


JiFapono
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Can someone tell me why he should be happy ?

To be fair, Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't want a starting job.  He signed with the Jets as a backup for backup money.  Then Geno screwed up, then he got an unexpected starting job, then he had success, then his agent had a good negotiation, then he was named the starter again.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a Jets backup pushed into the starters role and did good for us.  He restored interest in the team, he restored dignity, and he gave us the best shot to open the season 3-3 even thought it didn't pan out.

Wishing evil on Ryan Fitzpatrick is nonsense, he was never supposed to be anyone's savior.  He was supposed to be a 33 year old backup.  If you have ill-will towards him its out of ignorance on his abilities and unrealistic expectations after a cupcake schedule.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SAR I said:

To be fair, Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't want a starting job.  He signed with the Jets as a backup for backup money.  Then Geno screwed up, then he got an unexpected starting job, then he had success, then his agent had a good negotiation, then he was named the starter again.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a Jets backup pushed into the starters role and did good for us.  He restored interest in the team, he restored dignity, and he gave us the best shot to open the season 3-3 even thought it didn't pan out.

Wishing evil on Ryan Fitzpatrick is nonsense, he was never supposed to be anyone's savior.  He was supposed to be a 33 year old backup.  If you have ill-will towards him its out of ignorance on his abilities and unrealistic expectations after a cupcake schedule.

SAR I

Hello SAR I glad to see you survived the typhoon and the tsunami. 

Hows the sushi?  Did you get a happy ending?  

Will you be at the game on Sunday to root on Geno Smith? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Can anyone provide a link where Geno Smith openly complained to the media about not starting.   I can't seem to find any.

You mean during the year that he was boycotting the media?

Can you please provide a link showing Arnold Palmer openly complaining to the media about his death?  I can't seem to find any.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

His misfortune?

The guy is being paid $12MM this year to hold a friggn' clipboard.

Yeah, and let's all forget the guy made $625K last year to be a Top 10 NFL quarterback, something we haven't seen since 1970.

Average the 2 contracts out, he was a $6MM bargain who restored dignity and winning ways to the franchise for a calendar year.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SAR I said:

Yeah, and let's all forget the guy made $625K last year to be a Top 10 NFL quarterback, something we haven't seen since 1970.

Average the 2 contracts out, he was a $6MM bargain who restored dignity and winning ways to the franchise for a calendar year.

SAR I

Wow Jets QB records thats a sure in to the Hall of Fame in Canton Ohio 

I know it you know it the NFL knows it all that happened with the weakest schedule in the NFL 2015 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know what they're expecting. Most likely I expect him to just be better than Petty because they can't afford the personal risk to rack up more losses just to find out that Bryce Petty isn't very good. 

There is no way, absent an elite or near-elite performance, that anyone offers him a starting job next season. The best he could possibly hope for is an opportunity to compete, before that team drafts a QB a month later. He will not get an $8M/year contract. You are kidding yourself, especially in ignoring the off-field baggage he carries with this team, and the lack of players sticking up for him after getting hit by a neanderthal who belongs in jail, followed by the celebration of the return of a career loser in Fitzpatrick, should give a hint into that. They're also all aware of his stupid tweet, his moping/pacing on the sideline, and other things that point to a general instability independent of his physical ability. He will need to be more or less elite to whitewash all that in a mere 10 games.

Definitely.

In basic terms, Geno Smith is Mark Sanchez without any winning seasons and without playoff experience, and look what that resume got him.  20 wins in two seasons, 6 road playoff games, 4 road playoff victories, and he barely got a sniff as a backup.

I don't think Geno Smith plays another down of NFL football after Week 17.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, and let's all forget the guy made $625K last year to be a Top 10 NFL quarterback, something we haven't seen since 1970.
Average the 2 contracts out, he was a $6MM bargain who restored dignity and winning ways to the franchise for a calendar year.
SAR I


We'll just disagree on this one my friend.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Definitely.

In basic terms, Geno Smith is Mark Sanchez without any winning seasons and without playoff experience, and look what that resume got him.  20 wins in two seasons, 6 road playoff games, 4 road playoff victories, and he barely got a sniff as a backup.

I don't think Geno Smith plays another down of NFL football after Week 17.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez sucks my rectum clean. Just saying. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hello SAR I glad to see you survived the typhoon and the tsunami. 

Hows the sushi?  Did you get a happy ending?  

Will you be at the game on Sunday to root on Geno Smith? 

The typhoon just gave me an unexpected day off in a luxury hotel, can't complain.

Sushi is Japanese and I'm in Hong Kong.  They are like, you know, different countries.

I will not be at the game on Sunday as I will be in China.  The issue is whether or not I want to stay awake from 1AM to 5AM to watch the Jets lose when I could be sleeping and getting ready for a day of important meetings.  Only my Slingbox will know for sure.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wow Jets QB records thats a sure in to the Hall of Fame in Canton Ohio 

I know it you know it the NFL knows it all that happened with the weakest schedule in the NFL 2015 

 

Listen, I'm no fan of Ryan Fitzpatrick but I'm not going to sit here at 2 in the morning and watch the guy suffer character assassinations from Geno Myhero's who think this is some great moment in Jets history.

Wishing evil upon Ryan Fitzpatrick is about as classless and SOJ as it gets.  Hey, you want to demolish the defense, I'll join you, have at it.  Countless threads about a 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years but not a single one on David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold, Mo Wilkerson, you know, the guys who have been here a long time and have killed this franchise because they have no fire, no passion.  They don't get off the bus, they lay down and quit, but David Harris is such a classy guy and Nick Mangold is blue-collar cool and Darrelle Revis is a future Hall Of Famer.  It's a joke.  Blame the right people.  Blame the guys who have been here for almost a decade, got big contracts, and have let us down time and again.  Fitzpatrick was a known band aid who stepped into the starters job he never signed up for.  Blaming him before these others is laughable.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, j4jets said:

In 2013, he was a 2nd round rookie thrust into the starting lineup due to an injury. He was ranked 21st in yardage, 26th in TDs and ints, and 25th in QBR. He also had the MOST game winning drives that year but you've already forgotten that Im sure. Not the most stellar QB, of course, but certainly not the worst.

In 2014, he was ranked 25th in yards, TDs and QB Ratings, 18th in ints, and 24th in QBR. He also had two game winning drives, which were two more than Ryan sh*tzpatrick's. 

On average, Geno has one game winning drive per 4 games started (7 out of 29). Fitz has one in ten, almost (12 in 119). Something tells me Fitz will sh*t the bed far more often than Geno. So yeah Carl, you're wrong as always. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

Things have yet to get better for New York Jets third-year quarterback Geno Smith. He holds a career passer rating of 71.5 and posted a QBR of 35.4 in 2014, which was second-worst in the league ahead of only Blake Bortles. Going into 2015, his third season as a pro, Smith's stock may have plummeted more than ever.

For the second-straight season, Smith was voted the league's worst quarterback, according to a poll of NFL insiders and coaches done by ESPN. He ranked 32nd behind fellow AFC East quarterback Matt Cassel, who may not even be the starter come regular season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The typhoon just gave me an unexpected day off in a luxury hotel, can't complain.

Sushi is Japanese and I'm in Hong Kong.  They are like, you know, different countries.

I will not be at the game on Sunday as I will be in China.  The issue is whether or not I want to stay awake from 1AM to 5AM to watch the Jets lose when I could be sleeping and getting ready for a day of important meetings.  Only my Slingbox will know for sure.

SAR I

Made in China nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

We'll just disagree on this one my friend.

 

We can but I'd prefer not to.

Fitzpatrick got paid backup money ($625K) in one season and starters money ($12M) in another season and he was the starter in one season and a backup in the other.  The dates on the paychecks were the only thing wrong in his tenure on the team from a financial standpoint.  Jets got what they paid for.

I don't recall anyone jumping up and down last season when we beat the Giants and Patriots in OT to get our 9th and 10th wins shouting "This is unfair!  This guy is only making $625K!  We need to right this wrong!  We need to pay him more money right now!"

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

To be fair, Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't want a starting job.  He signed with the Jets as a backup for backup money.  Then Geno screwed up, then he got an unexpected starting job, then he had success, then his agent had a good negotiation, then he was named the starter again.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a Jets backup pushed into the starters role and did good for us.  He restored interest in the team, he restored dignity, and he gave us the best shot to open the season 3-3 even thought it didn't pan out.

Wishing evil on Ryan Fitzpatrick is nonsense, he was never supposed to be anyone's savior.  He was supposed to be a 33 year old backup.  If you have ill-will towards him its out of ignorance on his abilities and unrealistic expectations after a cupcake schedule.

SAR I

 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, and let's all forget the guy made $625K last year to be a Top 10 NFL quarterback, something we haven't seen since 1970.

Average the 2 contracts out, he was a $6MM bargain who restored dignity and winning ways to the franchise for a calendar year.

SAR I

lol hold up. First off fitz didn't " sign " with the jets. He was traded for. Second his salary was 4.25 million not 625k.. 

And he was brought here to be the #2 qb. When you are the #2 in the NFL there is a very good chance you are goIng to play. Especially playing behind a guy who's position is not cemented in. Just as fitz's job wasn't this yr. When you back up an elite qb you are only going in due to injury. For most of the league, you can easily go in due to poor play.. Its actually common for a starter to get hurt and his replacement is doing too well to remove time starter comes back. Ask tony romo this..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Mark Sanchez sucks my rectum clean. Just saying. :) 

What we did to that kid haunts my dreams. 

Because I think we actually found our franchise quarterback and we let a self-promoting buffoon ruin him so he could secure a second gig up in Buffalo.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Made in China nice. 

I'm fairly confident that the computer you are typing on, the mouse in your hand, the desk your computer sits on, the router connecting you to the internet, the chair you are sitting on, the thermostat that's controlling your temperature, and the clothing on your back are all made in China. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

lol hold up. First off fitz didn't " sign " with the jets. He was traded for. Second his salary was 4.25 million not 625k.. 

And he was brought here to be the #2 qb. When you are the #2 in the NFL there is a very good chance you are goIng to play. Especially playing behind a guy who's position is not cemented in. Just as fitz's job wasn't this yr. When you back up an elite qb you are only going in due to injury. For most of the league, you can easily go in due to poor play.. Its actually common for a starter to get hurt and his replacement is doing too well to remove time starter comes back. Ask tony romo this..

Apologies if I got the number wrong, that's not what I'm seeing here:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/ryan-fitzpatrick-1336/

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

Things have yet to get better for New York Jets third-year quarterback Geno Smith. He holds a career passer rating of 71.5 and posted a QBR of 35.4 in 2014, which was second-worst in the league ahead of only Blake Bortles. Going into 2015, his third season as a pro, Smith's stock may have plummeted more than ever.

For the second-straight season, Smith was voted the league's worst quarterback, according to a poll of NFL insiders and coaches done by ESPN. He ranked 32nd behind fellow AFC East quarterback Matt Cassel, who may not even be the starter come regular season. 

2013, I don't really care about. He was a rookie. In 2014, his QBR was 44.28, 24th in the league. and that was with Hills as his #2 WR for the most part and an injured Decker. Even if Geno was the worst in the league in those two years, he flat out beat Fitz in 2015, which essentially makes Fitz even worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What we did to that kid haunts my dreams. 

Because I think we actually found our franchise quarterback and we let a self-promoting buffoon ruin him so he could secure a second gig up in Buffalo.

SAR I

You can think it all you want. It was never the case. He was physically talented, which means he can appear good in spurts, but he was not a good QB and was never going to be.

He was a bust who was over-drafted in the first place. Accept it. He sucks. Two proven offensive systems after the Jets still wanted nothing to do with him. He didn't get ruined here, his shoulder was not permanently ruined, none of it. The underperforming unit while he was a rookie was himself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm fairly confident that the computer you are typing on, the mouse in your hand, the desk your computer sits on, the router connecting you to the internet, the chair you are sitting on, the thermostat that's controlling your temperature, and the clothing on your back are all made in China. 

SAR I

And if joewilly is posting from the Trump Hotel in Vegas, so are the steel toilet levers.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You can think it all you want. It was never the case. He was physically talented, which means he can appear good in spurts, but he was not a good QB and was never going to be.

He was a bust who was over-drafted in the first place. Accept it. He sucks. Two proven offensive systems after the Jets still wanted nothing to do with him. He didn't get ruined here, his shoulder was not permanently ruined, none of it. The underperforming unit while he was a rookie was himself. 

Thank you. That makes me feel better. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can but I'd prefer not to.
Fitzpatrick got paid backup money ($625K) in one season and starters money ($12M) in another season and he was the starter in one season and a backup in the other.  The dates on the paychecks were the only thing wrong in his tenure on the team from a financial standpoint.  Jets got what they paid for.
I don't recall anyone jumping up and down last season when we beat the Giants and Patriots in OT to get our 9th and 10th wins shouting "This is unfair!  This guy is only making $625K!  We need to right this wrong!  We need to pay him more money right now!"
SAR I


Still don't agree.

Starting Fitz these last 2 years set the Jets back big time.

What did he deliver?

10 wins and a huge choke job on a win-and-in game for the playoffs.

Yea!



  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

 


Still don't agree.

Starting Fitz these last 2 years set the Jets back big time.

What did he deliver?

10 wins and a huge choke job on a win-and-in game for the playoffs.

Yea!


 

 

Agree TX many cheered they goosed each other they grew beards bought the #14 jersey as if this was going to amount to something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with Fitz is not his arm strength. It's been his decision making. He is making bad throws not because the balls aren't thrown with adequate velocity it's because he's not judging his chances of completing a pass esp when in the red zone. He's also taking (like Mark Sanchez) too many chances. A smart Qb knows what he can and can't do and can evaluate a play and read the defense. And opposing Dbs should not out smart him. He did that pretty well last season but this year he has been totally off. Not just off but reckless and sometimes his throws are lazy throws. I still believe and always did that the long layoff and uncertainty due to the contract standoff didn't help him or the team.Esp when our offense worked so well last season. You don't fix something if it works. But he has enough experience to not have played this poorly. If he gets a chance to play again for the Jets this season will he smarten up and is this a wakeup call for him. I don't know. It seems that every time he establishes himself with a team he regresses. Maybe it's a mental thing more than a physical thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...