Jump to content

Mo Wilk say she he's been playing hurt


AFJF
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

for one week right ? what about the other 5 games ? If your hurt you play or you don't play you perform or you don't he needs to stop making excuses and start producing. Julio Jones is on the injury list every week with a bad ankle and knees you don't see him sucking or bitching. Once again STFU and play

Well, he's been playing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This revisionist history that re-signing Mo was a mistake is ludicrous. He's been the best player on the team for the last half decade and is one of the better d-lineman in the league. He's having a disappointing season but the idea that he's dogging it because he got paid is so dumb. He's been nothing but a good soldier for us from the get go. Always works, hard, always says the right thing, never complains.

I know people are frustrated but sometimes I think this fanbase deserves this team.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Train ? He was at the Facility rehabbing his leg and working out what exactly are you implying ? He had a great game in game one then disappeared. Thing is hes not playing hurt or his ass would be on the injury list the trainers know everything or should know everything that's going on with every player on this roster. I mean is Wilk hurt and not getting treatment ? Of course he's not so his best course of action is to STFU and start playing football instead of making excuses

Rehabbing an injury and training for the season are two completely different things.  Yes, he was at the facility rehabbing a broken leg not training for the season.  Not making excuses cause I agree, if you're on the field shut up and play but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since he's been such a good player for us.  I find it hard to believe he just quit once he got paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

Rehabbing an injury and training for the season are two completely different things.  Yes, he was at the facility rehabbing a broken leg not training for the season.  Not making excuses cause I agree, if you're on the field shut up and play but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since he's been such a good player for us.  I find it hard to believe he just quit once he got paid.

I know what you mean and yes they are different but wasn't Mo Cleared for training camp ? Either way he played great in game one then went AWOL. With a broken Leg you usually see players coming on about this time during the season lets see how Mo does moving on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

That's so far from the truth. There were was a good portion of this fan base that thought it would be an excellent idea to trade Wilk to a contender for a couple picks. 

Most of that started after he made it clear that he was going to be hard to sign.  I know it did for me at least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This revisionist history that re-signing Mo was a mistake is ludicrous. He's been the best player on the team for the last half decade and is one of the better d-lineman in the league. He's having a disappointing season but the idea that he's dogging it because he got paid is so dumb. He's been nothing but a good soldier for us from the get go. Always works, hard, always says the right thing, never complains.

I know people are frustrated but sometimes I think this fanbase deserves this team.

Damn straight they do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Great player???? What has he done the last 5 weeks to warrant that statement? Against really good teams he was invisible. He wasn't going up against the best tackles, he wasn't going up against a great Oline like the Cowboys. Mo is a very very solid player. But he is FAR from great. Watch JJ Watt play and you will know what great is. 

If you actually read my post i mentioned that he was not having a great season so before you attack me by reiterating what i had already said maybe read the post. Wilk is a great player **Though he is having a bad season** he is not JJ Watt nor will he ever be JJ Watt is one of a kind but that does not mean Wilkerson is not great. I don't know how well you expect our defensive line to play when the opposing QB can get the ball in the hands of a receiver almost instantly because every team in the nfl now knows that we have no secondary.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Larz said:

Mo is great. He is a top 25 player in a 1000 player league

I guess leonard williams and Richardson are pulling down.  He's played so so at the very best this year especially because he has been facing some real jags.  Up until last season he played half a year almost each season.  He just got a huge pay day.  Players get amazed when they get the win fall contact and then are actually supposed to live up to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

that fact you guys are posting this drivel in a thread about him being hurt is so delicious it made my day, lol

1.5 sacks, 16 tackles, 0 forced fumbles.

Williams 5 sacks, 16 tackles, 2 forced fumbles/

He's playing lousy, quit with the excuses.  between him and revis 27 million cap hit and we have one of the worst defenses in the league.

I have no issue with us having signed him but we are not getting what we paid for right now and no one on this team should be absolved from getting heat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1.5 sacks, 16 tackles, 0 forced fumbles.

Williams 5 sacks, 16 tackles, 2 forced fumbles/

He's playing lousy, quit with the excuses.  between him and revis 27 million cap hit and we have one of the worst defenses in the league.

I have no issue with us having signed him but we are not getting what we paid for right now and no one on this team should be absolved from getting heat.

Lost in the stats, unlike Williams, Mo also lines up against the lesser tackle in terms of pass protection.

And next year, assuming they keep Revis because it's not like we're flush with good corners anyway, they're $33M between the two of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1.5 sacks, 16 tackles, 0 forced fumbles.

Williams 5 sacks, 16 tackles, 2 forced fumbles/

He's playing lousy, quit with the excuses.  between him and revis 27 million cap hit and we have one of the worst defenses in the league.

I have no issue with us having signed him but we are not getting what we paid for right now and no one on this team should be absolved from getting heat.

Lol

It's gold Jerry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Once again, everybody wanted to sign him.

Once again, you are wrong as usual. Lots of people on this board wanted to trade him for maximum value, but why should you let that get in the way of whatever weird agenda you seem to have? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lost in the stats, unlike Williams, Mo also lines up against the lesser tackle in terms of pass protection.

And next year, assuming they keep Revis because it's not like we're flush with good corners anyway, they're $33M between the two of them. 

Happen a good job we don't have a real QB to spend that money on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Pretty much....There's nothing that takes foozeball fans to full ritard more quickly than a player getting paid THO.

Like I said before when the defense started to become terrible, poor  scheming, guys playing out of position, lack of adjustments and god awful coaching will eventually convince a fan base every player sucks.  So far we have Pryor being a  bust because  he is playing free safety instead of in the box strong safety.  Sheldon sucks because he is playing outside linebacker instead of defensive end. Hell we even had a Leonard Williams is a bust thread!!  Todd Blowes is way in over his head and like any family it's the children's that suffer when Daddy loses control of things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Pretty much....There's nothing that takes foozeball fans to full ritard more quickly than a player getting paid THO.

lets not forget he broke his leg last year and didn't even practice until what, middle august ?

after this weekends loss I will probably take a week off, this board will be unreadable

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...