Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I keep having this weird feeling passing on Dennis Smith is gonna be the black mark of death for this franchise the next 10 years. I dunno 

More of this Dennis Smith stuff.

Again, Ntilikina is younger, taller and longer than Smith and has 2 good ACLs.  His upside is higher than Smith.  He's a good prospect.  He's a pass-first PG as well.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Again, Ntilikina is younger, taller and longer than Smith and has 2 good ACLs.  His upside is higher than Smith.  He's a good prospect.  He's a pass-first PG as well.

I know. I just keep thinking though we're gonna have to wait 2-3 for a for a good point guard who can probably make an all star roster 3-4 times in his career while Smith could be the next Tim Hardaway.

the only downside on Smith is the knee, which I get. If the Knicks took him it'd be top of mind conversation I'll admit that 

but he's (Smith) also what could be the best player in the entire draft if he stays healthy. Frank, to me doesn't appear to have that kind of upside. 

1 minute ago, SMC said:

I don't know what any of these words are worth in numbers. There just wasn't any reason to go mystery box there. There were tons of projectable college players. The next six guys off the board were selected by at least one of Arturo's models.

http://basketballnumbers.com/2017/06/20/2017-nba-draft-ratings/

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't know what any of these words are worth in numbers. There just wasn't any reason to go mystery box there. There were tons of projectable college players. The next six guys off the board were selected by at least one of Arturo's models.

http://basketballnumbers.com/2017/06/20/2017-nba-draft-ratings/

Wilson & Gaines have done well on Euros and Arturo has no numbers on Ntilikina.  Plus, I'd put my money on the son of Rwanda refugees than a AAU diva

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

To clarify a little more, Frank looks like he could be in the bottom half of top 10-15 Pg's in the NBA eventually.

if Smith stays healthy he could be a first team all NBA 

We'll see, but I believe you're selling Ntilikina way short.  He has two-way PG ability.

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Wilson & Gaines have done well on Euros and Arturo has no numbers on Ntilikina.  Plus, I'd put my money on the son of Rwanda refugees than a AAU diva

Does it really matter at this point? The new regime might not want Frank anyways...actually likely considering his age and the renewed commitment to Carmelo.

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

We'll see, but I believe you're selling Ntilikina way short.  He has two-way PG ability.

I don't disagree on that. His potential is just that though. Two-way Solid PG, he's not transcending sh*t though. Smith has the game and explosiveness to  do those things Frank's not gonna do. It's a bit of a flashy vs. steady. I'm not slam dunking that they should have taken Smith. I just have a bad feeling it could turn into a what if if he stays healthy. To me, if you're at 8, and still have a chance to take "what could end up being" the best player in the entire draft, you take the risk. Frank looks like he'll be a steady, reliable PG in a few years but I can't for the life of me ever see him on an all NBA, he's just not explosive enough from what I see or understand through reading up. I agree frank gonna probably be a steady, solid PG....what I don't ageee on is the upside vs a player like Smith has. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Carmelo Body Count is so impressive 

I think it's a little reminiscent of when the Yanks resigned arod...although they at least got one championship out of it....but when they decided to resign melo they sealed their fate then. All else is white noise

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I think it's a little reminiscent of when the Yanks resigned arod...although they at least got one championship out of it....but when they decided to resign melo they sealed their fate then. All else is white noise

This is true. Way more bearable in baseball due to it being an individual sport. With Melo on the roster its impossible to win. 

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't disagree on that. His potential is just that though. Two-way Solid PG, he's not transcending sh*t though. Smith has the game and explosiveness to  do those things Frank's not gonna do. It's a bit of a flashy vs. steady. I'm not slam dunking that they should have taken Smith. I just have a bad feeling it could turn into a what if if he stays healthy. To me, if you're at 8, and still have a chance to take "what could end up being" the best player in the entire draft, you take the risk. Frank looks like he'll be a steady, reliable PG in a few years but I can't for the life of me ever see him on an all NBA, he's just not explosive enough from what I see or understand through reading up. I agree frank gonna probably be a steady, solid PG....what I don't ageee on is the upside vs a player like Smith has. 

I'm enjoying your take on a player you've never seen play.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

#stayme7o

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm enjoying your take on a player you've never seen play.

I'm just giving my opinion on what I understand through what I've read and heard. I have a decent idea on what Smith brings and going off the scouting reports on Frank. Watching a little bit of video on Frank seems to fit the profile. 

Waiting 2-3 yrs for a steady solid PG could be tough if Smith turns into the next Derrick Rose pre injury during that time 

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I know you're joking, but the reports are that Dolan loves KP and sees him as his cashcow for the next 15 yrs.  This was more about Melo/KP vs. Phil, and Phil lost.

I want you to be right. We finally have a talented young core last thing we need is Isiah trading KP for Lamarcus Aldridge or Paul George