Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

Is Hornacek just gonna coach the team? Or are they gonna chase the Mystical Triangle O, while the Zen Masterbater looks down from on high, and confuse the fvck outta everybody.

It sure helps when you have that 3rd good player AND the coach uses and coaches your phenom 7 footer the right way....

17 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I know the Garden is going to fall in love with Noah, but I was never and still am not a fan of the guy. Just me I guess. 

Hated him at Florida, hated him in the first couple of years in the league, but really love his play during those playoff years in Chicago, he was the heart of that team and sometimes the best player on that team.  Now, as a person, dude is a joker, but I've resigned to the fact that the majority of these guys are jagoffs.

Sidenote: I tell ya what pro-athlete I'd love to hang out with, and that's Larry Fitzgerald. Guy just travels the globe with his friends and by himself, just takes in all the culture. Really love that guy. 

On 10/26/2016 at 11:30 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah. 15-20 years ago I feel like he would have been toast, but I feel like the advancements that sports medicine has made the past few decades is insane with his types of injuries. ACL injuries used to be career enders in all sports. Ditto for Tommy John in baseball...etc. I remember when he had that first ACL problem, I felt like there was just so much pressure on him to play and he was taking longer to heal. Wonder if his body has finally just had enough time to recover now, because he looked pretty spry attacking the paint last night.

I think we're not only starting to see his athleticism come back, but him trust his body again.  He really just needs to finish around the rim like he did in his prime, which, albeit a small sample size, he's starting to do again. I wholeheartedly think we're going to see the best of Rose since the ACL. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I think we're not only starting to see his athleticism come back, but him trust his body again.  He really just needs to finish around the rim like he did in his prime, which, albeit a small sample size, he's starting to do again. I wholeheartedly think we're going to see the best of Rose since the ACL. 

And that is all the Knicks need IMO.  He doesn't have to be so ball dominant as he was in Chicago.  The bulk of the scoring load should be carried by Melo and KP

On 10/29/2016 at 7:42 PM, JohnJ said:

Is Hornacek just gonna coach the team? Or are they gonna chase the Mystical Triangle O, while the Zen Masterbater looks down from on high, and confuse the fvck outta everybody.

It sure helps when you have that 3rd good player AND the coach uses and coaches your phenom 7 footer the right way....

SMH....tell me this is actually a good thing. Or is this the Zen Masterbater trying to get some rep? I call BS. I can't stand this fvcking dude. Just let Hornacek coach the team.

Phil Jackson is tutoring Knicks on how to play (and not talk about) the triangle offense

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-is-tutoring-knicks-on-how-to-play-and-not-talk-about-the-triangle-offense-221044432.html

It doesn't matter the system of defense if no one puts in any effort.  Guys are literally just standing around.

Hornacek needs to put his foot down and say if u don't play defense you don't play that means you Rose I saw you just stand there on defense the entire game

6 hours ago, BallinPB said:

This team is so frustrating.  All the talent in the world and no one wants to play any defense.  Pathetic!  

The fact that people think this team is talented is the reason the owner will make another dumb trade this season. The roster is awful.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well now, that was the Joakim Noah I was hoping we signed. I don't know how this season is gonna pan out, but Noah and Porzingis are starting to have some fun moments together. He's definitely toughening him up too. 

The chemistry between Noah and Porzingis is definitely developing.

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Noah is by far the best player on the team. Problem is health.

Noah is a very important player to the team but not the best.

I think the Rose we saw in the second half was exactly the type of player he needs to be this season.  Distributing, playing D and creating transition on offense. 

Btw, another horrible loss by the Warriors last night.  Don't be shocked if Durant gets traded in the offseason.

9 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Noah is a very important player to the team but not the best.

I think the Rose we saw in the second half was exactly the type of player he needs to be this season.  Distributing, playing D and creating transition on offense. 

Btw, another horrible loss by the Warriors last night.  Don't be shocked if Durant gets traded in the offseason.

Can't seem to figure out the Lakers for whatever reason.  I don't care what they say, I still feel adding Durant just created too many mouths to feed. 

20 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Can't seem to figure out the Lakers for whatever reason.  I don't care what they say, I still feel adding Durant just created too many mouths to feed. 

I watched the entire game last night(btw Jack Nicholson sighting he looks good) the Warriors don't have chemistry

Steph, Klay and Durant are all volume shooters who need the ball in their hands.  The reason Lebron worked in Miami is he's really a point forward.  Kerr looks very frustrated I saw them commit turnovers that were Knick-like

22 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

How good does Porzingis look? Holy crap.

Rose with an incredible drive but all set up with KPs' amazing outlet pass on an inbound play

And check out this pass by KP

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I watched the entire game last night(btw Jack Nicholson sighting he looks good) the Warriors don't have chemistry

Steph, Klay and Durant are all volume shooters who need the ball in their hands.  The reason Lebron worked in Miami is he's really a point forward.  Kerr looks very frustrated I saw them commit turnovers that were Knick-like

I said it before, but Warriors would've been better off signing Al Horford rather than Durant

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Rose with an incredible drive but all set up with KPs' amazing outlet pass on an inbound play

And check out this pass by KP

I did not realize I was going to like having Noah around him this much. Hey whatever happens this season happens, but it's clear Porzingis is going to be a franchise player within a few years and that's really all that matters. So long as that guy sticks around and stays healthy we are gonna be just fine.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I did not realize I was going to like having Noah around him this much. Hey whatever happens this season happens, but it's clear Porzingis is going to be a franchise player within a few years and that's really all that matters. So long as that guy sticks around and stays healthy we are gonna be just fine.

Nah, Knicks should've kept RoLo (and be without a starting caliber PG) because all the sports writers said so. /s

It boggles the mind how so many people (1) underestimated Noah's unique skillset of passer/defender and (2) overlooked that he is a diehard-Kicks fan.  They have video of him in High School talking up the Knicks.