Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It just seems like more of a confusion thing than an effort problem. This was to be expected. If it persists through the break then it's a cause for concern.

Yeah, there's no apathy.  It's missing assignments.  Hopefully time heals that.

BTW, it's early, but it looks like KP has made the 2nd year "leap" which I think is the best tell-tale sign of superstardom.  Unlike the other sports, there is no "sophomore slump" in the NBA for true superstars IMO.  They usually make a big jump from their rookie year to 2nd year because they've matched their natural talent with an NBA training regimen and experience of the NBA from first season. 

Towns is doing the same this year.  It also bodes well for Turner in Indy.  

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Phase in Kristaps and Jennings. Phase out Rose and Melo. Porzinigs needs the ball more he is going to be great.

I like your idea, but also think it should be more Rose and KP.  I like Jennings, but his shot isn't there and Rose seems like he can get to the rim at will.

The key, is like Tommy Beer mentioned, staggering the lineups so that KP can anchor the backups.

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Hernangossenbagger!

He has to be the first big off the bench over O'Q.  Willy can do so much more and he's a true center.

On an aside, I hate Isola, but have been agreeing with his criticisms over Jax era.  The recent one is ironic because Isola was criticizing the Knicks in comparison to the Nets, saying that Atkins and the new GM have created a new culture of hard work and accountability compared to Jax whose legacy is "constant change, losing, and Kristaps Porzingis."  The last one (KP) is more important than everything else in the NBA.   

17 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What lol. Even Revis thinks Carmelo ought to do a better job of pretending to give a sh*t. Knicks horrible at winning and horrible to watch per always. Pitchers and catchers in 95 days.

LOL, I meant to exclude Melo

Wait for your pitchers and catchers while I glorify and bear witness in watching Porzingod play every game.  That's the only reason I watch and it's glorious.  I still can't believe his idiot teammates only had him take 4 shots a couple of games back.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Holy...wait what? Rambis? Seriously?

I know it's crazy, but the media's focus on Rambis's poor D rankings as HC of Minny is a disservice because the only time Rambis acted as a DC was under Phil with the Lakers, and those teams were ranked in top 10 in D.  So he does have positive experience focusing on D as a DC.  As a HC?  No.

10 hours ago, SMC said:

LOL, I meant to exclude Melo

Wait for your pitchers and catchers while I glorify and bear witness in watching Porzingod play every game.  That's the only reason I watch and it's glorious.  I still can't believe his idiot teammates only had him take 4 shots a couple of games back.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Porzingis. Of course I realize by now that when you're optimistic about anything you throw caution out the window, drive over it, back up, and drive over it again, so I'm not gonna argue degrees of something we're all thumbs up for.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SMC said:

I know it's crazy, but the media's focus on Rambis's poor D rankings as HC of Minny is a disservice because the only time Rambis acted as a DC was under Phil with the Lakers, and those teams were ranked in top 10 in D.  So he does have positive experience focusing on D as a DC.  As a HC?  No.

I guess. But you gotta admit it's ******* weird.

15 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Porzingis. Of course I realize by now that when you're optimistic about anything you throw caution out the window, drive over it, back up, and drive over it again, so I'm not gonna argue degrees of something we're all thumbs up for.

You know me so well. 

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I guess. But you gotta admit it's ******* weird.

Absolutely.  If it was Hornacek's call rather than Phil, it was a Michael Corleone move.

Hornacek took the one triangle coach on his staff and just made him his DC, thus taking him away from the O, which is Hornacek's bread-and-butter.

On November 9, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Matt39 said:

Phase in Kristaps and Jennings. Phase out Rose and Melo. Porzinigs needs the ball more he is going to be great.

Did you watch the last game?  Melo plays very well with Hernangomez.  He shows leadership with them and takes pressure off the kids because the focus is on him

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Absolutely.  If it was Hornacek's call rather than Phil, it was a Michael Corleone move.

Hornacek took the one triangle coach on his staff and just made him his DC, thus taking him away from the O, which is Hornacek's bread-and-butter.

Rambus is worthless.  We're lucky Phil was able to get some good young defenders from out of nowhere.  Energy and effort are more important than system

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Did you watch the last game?  Melo plays very well with Hernangomez.  He shows leadership with them and takes pressure off the kids because the focus is on him

Melo is the same exact player he's always been. Once every 5 games he'll get hot. Useless the other 4.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the 2nd year guys, and Towns and KP lead the way with sustained young superstar "leap" in the first 10th of the season.  Russell has improved as well.  Booker is doing the Wiggins thing in putting up points at an inefficient rate.  The stat geeks pet Nikola Jokic has stunk thus far.  Taking a step back is not a good sign.

Winslow has slightly improved, but the media folks gave him too much credit for his D.  His shooting still stinks and for a 10th overall pick, the Heat need more return on their investment.

BTW, big development with new CBA with respect to D-League.  Besides raising the average salary from a pittance of $19K/26K to $50K/75K, the NBA is instituting 2-way contracts and expansion of NBA roster to 18, so that teams can send players down to D League without having to release them (as what happened to Chasson Randle).  This is similar to NHL's use of minor league system.

5 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Unicorn doing work. Good god, the sky is the absolute limit for this kid. I only caught the 4th, but he's doing things that someone 7'3 shouldn't be able to do. 

20+ in 6 of his last 7. I've reached the point where I'm terrified about the possibility that we might have drafted a superstar.