Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lebron is the GM of the century.

Well he did trade a #1 overall for Kevin Love and drafted Shabazz Napier so let's hold the horses.  Good trade for the Cavs.  Kyrie is overrated like crazy.  Not sure what Ainge was thinking.

Great trade for the Cavs and they can still flip the Nets No. 1 at the trade deadline if necessary.

People lauding the Celts, but they just traded a guy who played for them the day after his sister was killed.  As someone said on Twitter, no one should complain about loyalty ever again in the NBA.

I disagree with the notion that Kyrie is overrated.  But the problem is that in 2 years he's gone and they just gave up a top-3 pick for him.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, deckerfan said:

I'm shocked the BRK pick was included. 

Were you shocked because you thought the trade would have been fair without the pick?  Or were you shocked that they added the Bkn pick to the package instead of some other pick(s) or player(s)?

As a C's fan I would have preferred a top-3 or at least a top-1 protection on the pick.  But objectively speaking, I think it was a rare deal that was fair value for both sides and should leave both fan bases without much to complain about.  

1 hour ago, AFCEastFan said:

Were you shocked because you thought the trade would have been fair without the pick?  Or were you shocked that they added the Bkn pick to the package instead of some other pick(s) or player(s)?

As a C's fan I would have preferred a top-3 or at least a top-1 protection on the pick.  But objectively speaking, I think it was a rare deal that was fair value for both sides and should leave both fan bases without much to complain about.  

It was a fair deal IMO with the pick. Just unexpected with all these teams protecting picks lately.

Maybe Top 1, with the LAL/SAC pick instead if BRK18 isn't conveyed? 

On 8/23/2017 at 2:08 PM, SMC said:

Great trade for the Cavs and they can still flip the Nets No. 1 at the trade deadline if necessary.

People lauding the Celts, but they just traded a guy who played for them the day after his sister was killed.  As someone said on Twitter, no one should complain about loyalty ever again in the NBA.

I disagree with the notion that Kyrie is overrated.  But the problem is that in 2 years he's gone and they just gave up a top-3 pick for him.

Kyrie plays no defense and has like a .380 winning percentage in games without Lebron James.  The Celtics are still the second best team in the East after Cleveland and got the best player in the draft in Tatum but Irving isn't this incredible PG the media makes him out to be

On 8/28/2017 at 8:58 AM, AFCEastFan said:

I know it's an empty gym, but Frank looks great.  He is going to be a really good player.  

Frank has looked good.  Here, Frank (all black) has teamed up with Timmy (blue socks) and Hoodie Melo (white socks/shoes) in Melo's gym in Manhattan

• Upvote 1

With the Pacers and Bulls both blowing it up and rebuilding the knicks actually have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs this year.  A conventional offense will help KP the only thing is Hornacek needs to setup the rotation so Melo and KP are on the floor as little time as possible together.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, AFCEastFan said:

I know it's an empty gym, but Frank looks great.  He is going to be a really good player.  

The media is going to dog the knicks all year long over Dennis Smith who will win rookie of the year but I still think Frank long-term will be as good or better.  Besides his defense and range I really like his jump shot

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The media is going to dog the knicks all year long over Dennis Smith who will win rookie of the year but I still think Frank long-term will be as good or better.  Besides his defense and range I really like his jump shot

I like Smith, but he's no lock for ROY.  There were a lot of good prospects drafted this year who can produce because of the situation they're in.

As for Ntilikina, the media keeps overlooking the fact that he's taller, longer and younger than Smith and has been playing against grown ass men for the last couple of years.  There's a smoothness to his game. 

On 9/1/2017 at 0:33 PM, SMC said:

I like Smith, but he's no lock for ROY.  There were a lot of good prospects drafted this year who can produce because of the situation they're in.

As for Ntilikina, the media keeps overlooking the fact that he's taller, longer and younger than Smith and has been playing against grown ass men for the last couple of years.  There's a smoothness to his game. 

The NBA wants Lonzo Ball to be the face of the league so I could see him winning ROY even if he doesn't deserve it.

The same media which bashed the Porzingis pick to high heavens is now bashing the Ntilikina pick before he even plays in a preseason game.

BTW, I've been catching Eurobasket online with the live stream and Latvia is a fun team to watch.  They're a good underdog story.  They're currently leading Turkey in their Group finale (both teams are making it to knockout round), but this is a big game because the loser faces Spain in the 1st round.

• Upvote 1