Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

Great Eurobasket for KP, even with loss to the superior Slovenian team.  First time he was Batman on a good team and he led them to the Final 8.

Luka Doncic for Slovenian is the real deal.  Only 18 years old (he'll be 19 next February) he's been playing for Real Madrid in La Liga since 16.  He's a top 3 pick in next year's draft.

At 6'7 he has good size for a guard and he can dribble with both hands, but there's doubts he could be a primary ball handler.  Perfect SG, but unless he grows a little it will be hard to shift him to SF in small lineups.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, Matt39 said:

He cant rebound.

Rebounding is overrated.  Knicks have Willy for that. 

Plus, rebounding has nothing to do with D.  For instance, Jokic averaged 9.8 boards last year, but was one of the worst defensive big men in the NBA.

You need elite rim protection and, based on the metrics, KP provides that.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I like the Jack signing. He's clearly done but that guy always has a good effect on the locker room where ever he goes. End of the day the only thing that matters for the next couple years is surrounding Willy, KP, and Frank with the right people.

Agree there is definitely something to having positive locker room guys on your bench.  Jared Jeffries was that type of guy a few years ago during the whole Linsanity thing.

McDermott isn't horrible and Kantor can ball. Bulls pick will be a high 2nd rounder next year. And most importantly they didn't lock themselves into any long term money. That is an awesome haul considering the Knicks had zero leverage between the NTC and Melo's overall value.

Kanter will be a great addition for Willy and KP. He's a team first dude and is an absolute beast on the block. There will be a logjam in the backcourt now but I don't think anyone is expecting Noah to stay healthy and IMO they will move KOQ.

Most importantly, Melo is gone. That's really all that matters. Pretty great they didn't have to just release him and got some value in return. I am also not sure but I think this frees up a little more money for next season too.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

McDermott isn't horrible and Kantor can ball. Bulls pick will be a high 2nd rounder next year. And most importantly they didn't lock themselves into any long term money. That is an awesome haul considering the Knicks had zero leverage between the NTC and Melo's overall value.

Kanter will be a great addition for Willy and KP. He's a team first dude and is an absolute beast on the block. There will be a logjam in the backcourt now but I don't think anyone is expecting Noah to stay healthy and IMO they will move KOQ.

Most importantly, Melo is gone. That's really all that matters. Pretty great they didn't have to just release him and got some value in return. I am also not sure but I think this frees up a little more money for next season too.

This 100%

Plus, Kanter "does not play in front of KP"  KP is the 4.  Also, Kanter is only here for 1 yr with his opt-out.  This was a win for the Knicks, allowing them to go forward with youth.

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

This 100%

Plus, Kanter "does not play in front of KP"  KP is the 4.  Also, Kanter is only here for 1 yr with his opt-out.  This was a win for the Knicks, allowing them to go forward with youth.

I am wondering if they'll give Kanter extended minutes earlier in the year so they can move him at the deadline. Lee and Kanter would be a decent little package for a contender. 

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am wondering if they'll give Kanter extended minutes earlier in the year so they can move him at the deadline. Lee and Kanter would be a decent little package for a contender. 

Exactly.  Kanter is a deadline deal pick-bait with Lee.

This is a win-win situation for the Knicks.  Of course, OKC got the best player in the deal, but it works perfectly for what Mills/Perry are trying to do.