Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

35 minutes ago, SMC said:

I only caught the overtime because I too, had a "spending time together" night with my wife, but for her holiday party.  I have to say,it was the best holiday party I've ever went to. My wife works in a children's psychiatric center run by the State. After consolidation with other state-run kid psych hospitals in the city they starting having a joint holiday party in different locations throughout the five boroughs. My wife's boss said F-that and threw her own holiday party for her unit of 8 employees. She held it at this catering hall in Long Island and it was awesome (and a great money making idea for the hall). It was like having the best parts of a wedding reception. Companies rent tables and there is a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. It's $70 a head and it's unlimited food and alcohol from 7 to 11:30 pm. There were about 10 to 15 companies there last night and it was a blast.

As for the game, I'm not too upset.  They can get out of this road trip 3-2 I'll be happy.  I'm happy with KP.  Melo's crappy shooting is again leading to losses.  The biggest issue is Rose's health.  Jennings is simply not a starting caliber PG anymore because of his decision making.

It's fairly clear that the success of the Knicks depends on us watching the games and posting insightful and witty comments on this board. I don't understand why spouses can't grasp that.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's fairly clear that the success of the Knicks depends on us watching the games and posting insightful and witty comments on this board. I don't understand why spouses can't grasp that.

This is true.  AND, the Rangers were playing as well ... and they lost.  The Butterfly Effect was in full gear.  My failure to watch caused 2 local teams to lose.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Apparently my wife and I had to do something called "spending time together" tonight. I tried explaining that you don't **** with a winning streak (that Cavs game didn't count), but alas, the perils of being wed to a nurse and her schedule. Good job honey.

I saw grand mama'a 4 point play on a battery powered portable tv placed under a table at a wedding reception

you cell phone dudes have no excuse

rookie

• Upvote 2

Good news on the new labor deal.

I'm glad they finally put in "2 way contracts" with the roster going from 15 to 17 so there won't be a Chasson Randle situation again.  Under the new rule, teams have 2 additional slots for "2 way contracts" like there is in NHL--a player will be paid the NBA minimum salary when on the team and the DLeague salary when sent down.  That way, under this rule, the Knicks would have been able to shuffle Randle back and forth between NBA and DLeague without having to waive him and hope no one picks him up before sending him down (as they did, but he was injured so no one picked him up).

The current rule made no sense and hampers player development.

On 12/18/2016 at 0:00 AM, drdetroit said:

Knicks need Rose back.

I said I'd be happy with 2-3 on the west coast trip and I am but Knicks need to get some W's now that they go back home.

Yes on both accounts.  The Suns loss was the one that hurt them.  They need to keep winning at home.  Noah's days as a starter are numbered.  They also need to sign Chason Randle off D League.  They need guard help and N'Dour is useless on the team.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah, that was money well spent. Are we going to be able to amnesty him with the new CBA?

No but the cap will go up significantly each year. At least his contract ends with Melo's and before KP hits free agency.

On December 19, 2016 at 11:44 AM, SMC said:

Yes on both accounts.  The Suns loss was the one that hurt them.  They need to keep winning at home.  Noah's days as a starter are numbered.  They also need to sign Chason Randle off D League.  They need guard help and N'Dour is useless on the team.

Rose is back tonight. Please Hornacek start O'Quinn or at least give him 33 minutes off the bench

Ron Baker actually hasn't been terrible

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Porzingis needs to get his head out of his ass. He's been awful recently.

His shooting has been down, but his rebounding, blocking etc has been up to compensate.  What are you talking about as awful?

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wow. That was huge.

Interesting stat and one I believe should always be the case in close games--of the 34 4th quarter points Knicks scored last night Melo, Rose and KP scored 32.  That's what screwed them up at the end of the Suns game in regulation.  The wrong people were taking shots.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Amazing how people and the media are so fixated on Noah's contract.  The Knicks had a huge comeback win last night, are currently the 5th seed and Noah had a double double yet the only knicks talk I hear on WFAN this morning was how horrible Noah's contract is

That's why I don't listen to that sh*te anymore

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Interesting stat and one I believe should always be the case in close games--of the 34 4th quarter points Knicks scored last night Melo, Rose and KP scored 32.  That's what screwed them up at the end of the Suns game in regulation.  The wrong people were taking shots.

When all are on the floor and 2 of those 3 are hitting shots I think this team can keep up offensively with anyone in the league not named the Cavs or Golden State. Every night is such a roll of the dice with that though.

18 hours ago, SMC said:

His shooting has been down, but his rebounding, blocking etc has been up to compensate.  What are you talking about as awful?

His rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals are down and his fouls are up from last year's rookie-excuse numbers. He is exactly the same as every other fake-good dipsh*t this franchise has hitched its wagon to for the last twenty years. He scores a lot of points inefficiently and that's pretty much it. But because he does it while being a different shape and size and color than the others he's a precious unicorn. He's still young. He will get better and a quantum leap is obviously a possibility. But right now awful is precisely the word for Porzingis' s current play and the team's long term outlook.

• Thumb Down 1