Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

31 minutes ago, SMC said:

This was actually the first blowout of the season where the starters had gotten a chance to rest in the 4th and none of them played 30 minutes.  There have been other blowouts where the opponent came back in the 4th and Hornacek was forced to play Melo and KP to secure the win.

And that was with Holiday being off the mark too. That guy was a solid addition with the Rose trade and the Knicks have a nice little rotation of guards they can work with their 4 guys. Have no problem extending him if they can't keep Jennings. 

29 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It depends what you mean. No win is a bad win. It wasn't an impressive win. Carmelo, Rapeknees Carmelo, and Latvian Gumby Carmelo went a combined 17/44. Certainly it's a good sign that we can win games like that, but then again it's the Magic.

5/11 is not a bad shooting night.

Melo, on the other hand, had a bad shooting night at 5/17

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And that was with Holiday being off the mark too. That guy was a solid addition with the Rose trade and the Knicks have a nice little rotation of guards they can work with their 4 guys. Have no problem extending him if they can't keep Jennings. 

Holiday is a definitely a keeper.  He's been more of Courtney Lee is supposed to be than Courtney Lee has been thus far.

Hornacek has done a good job on the top end of the rotations, but he's still trying to figure out the back end because of performance.  Thomas shooting like utter sh*t has hampered Hornacek and Holiday is taking advantage of that.

On a side note, from a wing perspective I think they should sign Randle and cut N'Dour (completely wasted spot), but Randle has turnover and D issues so he might not help as well as we might think.

47 minutes ago, SMC said:

Holiday is a definitely a keeper.  He's been more of Courtney Lee is supposed to be than Courtney Lee has been thus far.

Hornacek has done a good job on the top end of the rotations, but he's still trying to figure out the back end because of performance.  Thomas shooting like utter sh*t has hampered Hornacek and Holiday is taking advantage of that.

On a side note, from a wing perspective I think they should sign Randle and cut N'Dour (completely wasted spot), but Randle has turnover and D issues so he might not help as well as we might think.

I feel like Lee has been the guy struggling to find his place the most amongst the new lineup. When the starting 5 is on the court he's their 4th best scoring option and 5th best player. That's a first for him. Looked good last night though and the one thing you can say is that he brings a good energy to the court. 

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like Lee has been the guy struggling to find his place the most amongst the new lineup. When the starting 5 is on the court he's their 4th best scoring option and 5th best player. That's a first for him. Looked good last night though and the one thing you can say is that he brings a good energy to the court. 

I agree.  There's not an injury issue or age issue.  He is one of the top 3 point shooters in NBA based on percentages.  It's an adjustment issue

Side note, KP practiced today but not in contact portion.  He says he'll play Sunday.

Anthony is SOOO frustrating to watch. JUST when you think he's matured as a team player, he HOGS the ball killing valuable time instead of MOVING the ball around to eventually find/create the OPEN man. NO! #7 HAS to get the iso and then just fumbles the ball away to the Celtics. Pathetic. Knicks coulda pulled it off. Another horrible NYC Sports Xmas. :(

At least I got a SWEEEET Christmas gift: An 80's logo Knicks T w/a customized #91 Kuzminskas on the back. I LOVE IT! :D

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Anthony is SOOO frustrating to watch. JUST when you think he's matured as a team player, he HOGS the ball killing valuable time instead of MOVING the ball around to eventually find/create the OPEN man. NO! #7 HAS to get the iso and then just fumbles the ball away to the Celtics. Pathetic. Knicks coulda pulled it off. Another horrible NYC Sports Xmas. :(

At least I got a SWEEEET Christmas gift: An 80's logo Knicks T w/a customized #91 Kuzminskas on the back. I LOVE IT! :D

Was he wearing enough extra gear today? My god he looked like an idiot. Head band, arm bands, arm pads, leg pads. Jesus

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Was he wearing enough extra gear today? My god he looked like an idiot. Head band, arm bands, arm pads, leg pads. Jesus

I SPORTS-HATE CarMElo. Was infuriated when Jackson extended him and I PRAY PRAY PRAY that we can trade him off to the Clippers for a Tan Machine and 3 IN-and-Out Burgers Animal Style and be finally rid of him, his attitude, and ball-hogging ways. 

Let the UNICORN REIGN FREE!!!!

uniporzingis.0.0.png

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Against Bradley of all people. There are times when one can **** around with the ball, on the arc against one of the best perimeter defenders in the world is not one of them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I SPORTS-HATE CarMElo. Was infuriated when Jackson extended him and I PRAY PRAY PRAY that we can trade him off to the Clippers for a Tan Machine and 3 IN-and-Out Burgers Animal Style and be finally rid of him, his attitude, and ball-hogging ways. 

Let the UNICORN REIGN FREE!!!!

uniporzingis.0.0.png

Carmelo has 2 years left on his deal after this season you guys act like he's under contract til 2030

He takes the spotlight off KP and allows him to develop his game.  Without Melo the NY media would be crushing the 21 year old KP every game.  Oh and he does make the team better

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Carmelo has 2 years left on his deal after this season you guys act like he's under contract til 2030

He takes the spotlight off KP and allows him to develop his game.  Without Melo the NY media would be crushing the 21 year old KP every game.  Oh and he does make the team better

Yeah, I don't want Melo gone yet for reasons mentioned. He needs to stop shooting like crap, missing D assignment and ball stopping. Basically stop being the Melo everyone criticizes.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Yeah, I don't want Melo gone yet for reasons mentioned. He needs to stop shooting like crap, missing D assignment and ball stopping. Basically stop being the Melo everyone criticizes.

I don't have a problem with getting him the ball with the game on the line. Melo's track record with game winners is awesome, but the minute he got caught like that against someone of Bradley's stature he's got to give that ball up. That's a mismatch in Boston's favor against almost any player in the league. 

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He's an awful basketball player. Who cares about spotlight or whatever that even means.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's an awful basketball player. 

Awful players don't have 23,000+ points, a NCAA championship, 10+ playoff NBA appearances and first ballot access to the hall of fame but I'll take your word for it.

I'll go back to the football forum and listen to people tell me how Todd Bowles needs another year to run this team into the ground and Petty is the next Brady he just needs the greatest ever O-line in front of him.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Awful players don't have 23,000+ points, a NCAA championship, 10+ playoff NBA appearances and first ballot access to the hall of fame but I'll take your word for it.

I'll go back to the football forum and listen to people tell me how Todd Bowles needs another year to run this team into the ground and Petty is the next Brady he just needs the greatest ever O-line in front of him.

Melo takes a lot of shots and does nothing else. Other than that he's great.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

rose just missed another floater in the lane driving home from practice

LOL. Crazy thing is that he's been money all season with that shot.  But a team can't have their starting PG take 30 shots.

Just caught the replay of Melo's attempt at the He Got Game throat chop. Definitely an idiot, but man, basketball is a different game now. In the 80s and 90s you used to see that stuff literally every night. Say what you may about Jordan and Lebron as greats, but there might not be a more influential basketball player since Wilt than Ron Artest.

Now cue some mother****ing Jake Shuttlesworth!

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2016 at 4:35 PM, SMC said:

LOL. Crazy thing is that he's been money all season with that shot.  But a team can't have their starting PG take 30 shots.

Rose can't shoot.  All he has is that driving floater and the nba is no longer trying to make him the face of basketball so he gets 0 calls.

He can go bye bye in free agency next year.