Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He stinks too.

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Melo has gone to I need to make the ASG mode. No defense and chucking to up his PPG average. Biggest loser in sports. Fishing for ASG votes on twitter at 32 years old while he's playing like total sh*t.

It's like having ass cancer and dick cancer at the same time.

Note, I did call the Knicks being in the 3rd seed the high watermark of the season because we all knew it would not last.

We all know Melo has been dreadful.  If he's not scoring he's an absolute detriment, as he has been since Lakers game (shooting 38% since then).

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Breen and Frazier were spot on last night regarding Smelo and the conundrum with him. Then Szczerbiak shed more truth on it in the post game show.

You just have to hope Jimmy gives the network and Phil a green light to make him uncomfortable. He is the absolute worst. 

20 hours ago, SMC said:

At least Knicks have their 2017 1st rounder (and it cant be traded).

KP is the best rim protector in NBA by opposing FG percentage at the rim.  The Knicks felt his absence the last 2 games.

Rest him an extra game. And then another one. You don't **** around with legs on dudes that tall.

14 minutes ago, thadude said:

Rose is actually a way bigger liability than Noah

Noah's fine. His contract sucks but he's fine to keep arund because he'll play hard  rebound and pass the ball. Melo has his best game arguably as a Knick tonight but the other guy Rose was absolutely dreadful. 

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Noah's fine. His contract sucks but he's fine to keep arund because he'll play hard  rebound and pass the ball. Melo has his best game arguably as a Knick tonight but the other guy Rose was absolutely dreadful. 

Rose is absolutely done.   Refs aren't helping him out anytime he drives anymore.  At least Noah plays D and rebounds. 

Only saving grace of this lost season is the Knicks have $76 mil in committed money next year but the cap is going up to $102 million next season so there's $26 mil in cap room plus what's probably going to be a lottery pick.  It just sucks not to see us compete this season after watching the Jets waste a season.

• Upvote 1

Giannis' strides are incredible.  On the last play he takes one step from the dotted circle and is above the free throw line.  He really is a freak of nature.

Knicks suck and Melo crumbles at end of 4th again.  Rose was a no-show.  At least they have their 1st rounder.

10 hours ago, SMC said:

Giannis' strides are incredible.  On the last play he takes one step from the dotted circle and is above the free throw line.  He really is a freak of nature.

Knicks suck and Melo crumbles at end of 4th again.  Rose was a no-show.  At least they have their 1st rounder.

I'm honestly cool wither way because of that. Go ahead and be brutal the rest of the way. This is going to be a crazy draft for point guards, especially in the top 3-4. Fultz is the truth.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm honestly cool wither way because of that. Go ahead and be brutal the rest of the way. This is going to be a crazy draft for point guards, especially in the top 3-4. Fultz is the truth.

Yeah, the Knicks are going to be in a good drafting position regardless.  But there are a bunch of winnable games this month and the Knicks blew 2 of them without KP.  The Knicks defense is bad, but without him because of the lack of rim protection, it's awful.  

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Yeah, the Knicks are going to be in a good drafting position regardless.  But there are a bunch of winnable games this month and the Knicks blew 2 of them without KP.  The Knicks defense is bad, but without him because of the lack of rim protection, it's awful.  

Knicks need to be extremely careful with Porzingis.  If he plays tonight I don't want to see him play more than 15 minutes MAX

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SMC said:

Eh. I dunno. Team's starting to flatten out and a lot of that is not Porzingis related. I don't think Hornacek wants to be coaching Melo at all. But who knows, they're gonna go into the break with more wins than I expected at this point so it's anyone's guess. They could earn a middle seed or a top lottery pick and neither would be shocking.

That was an incredible game. Huge win too. Ending the losing streak like that is hopefully what the team needed.

Gotta give all the credit in the world to Hornacek for that one. Game on the line for the entire fourth quarter he stuck with Baker over Rose and Jennings to solidify the perimeter D. In the closing stretch of a must-win game. That took balls. Made all the right moves when Noah and Kristaps fouled out too.

• Upvote 1