Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

1 minute ago, SMC said:

At least the Knicks have their 1st round pick

Well that escalated quickly. I know I said 20-25 wins at the break would be fine but this turned into a toxic mix of dudes.

Think it's safe to say the Knicks can be sellers at the deadline now. Ask Melo where he's willing to waive his clause for, and see if they can find some playoff hungry teams that will give us a pick for Jennings and/or Lee. Probably also worth seeing if Milwaukee or Indy is willing to give us something for Rose since they're so close to the Chi.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

giphy.gif

I noticed that during the game. They need to lose that douchebag ASAP.

He was prolly thinking 'like WTF the pill ain't goin' to me?!'

Hornacek played under Jerry Sloan and nobody worked harder, or played grittier D, than those two guys. You have these two prima donna selfish azz holes undermining him at this point.

It's azz hole city over there

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I noticed that during the game. They need to lose that douchebag ASAP.

He was prolly thinking 'like WTF the pill ain't goin' to me?!'

Hornacek played under Jerry Sloan and nobody worked harder, or played grittier D, than those two guys. You have these two prima donna selfish azz holes undermining him at this point.

It's azz hole city over there

Once Phil is gone and Rose is resigned things are going to get even better.

7 hours ago, Larz said:

I feel bad for hornaceck. You can just see it in his face he wants to murder all those lazy punks

He's a good offensive coach who defines creative plays and they execute them well when Rose and Melo want to.  You see sometimes during the game Hornacek turn away in disgust (he did it last night) when Melo has the ball and changes the play.  

That said, Hornacek's rotation in the last 2 minutes blew that 10 point lead.  KP was sluggish on O, but not on D.  Before he sat for 6 minutes he protected the rim.  When the Sixes went on a 15-4 run to win the game there was no rim protector in for Knicks.

Regardless, they need to do something about the D even if they dump everyone.  Melo and Rose are huge defensive liabilities.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

He's a good offensive coach who defines creative plays and they execute them well when Rose and Melo want to.  You see sometimes during the game Hornacek turn away in disgust (he did it last night) when Melo has the ball and changes the play.  

That said, Hornacek's rotation in the last 2 minutes blew that 10 point lead.  KP was sluggish on O, but not on D.  Before he sat for 6 minutes he protected the rim.  When the Sixes went on a 15-4 run to win the game there was no rim protector in for Knicks.

Regardless, they need to do something about the D even if they dump everyone.  Melo and Rose are huge defensive liabilities.

the inmates run the asylum now, the money is so huge, old school guys just try to grin and bear it.  You can see it all over his face tho, he can't hide it

3 hours ago, SMC said:

I wasn't a fan of the hire at the time but I've come around on him. He's a decent coach. Good attitude and he's not afraid to get ballsy when the situation calls for it. Really can't fault him for the roster falling off the rails like it has lately. Even if we were to get rid of Phil I'd like to see him stay.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

About had it with him too. Problem is they are Knickifying him.

About had it with him too?  WTF is wrong with you????

Oh, I almost forgot, you're not a Knicks fan.  KP is the only thing to root for on this team in like 16 years.

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wade covered in compression too. Getting old sucks.

I am like a hundred and I don't understand that sh*t.  I spent my life dreaming of an occupation where I could wear shorts and a tank top and then I am going to wear full body coverage tights under it?  Like I was a ballerina or super hero?  No thanks.  The long shorts are more than enough.  They are lucky I don't go full on Stockton!

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am like a hundred and I don't understand that sh*t.  I spent my life dreaming of an occupation where I could wear shorts and a tank top and then I am going to wear full body coverage tights under it?  Like I was a ballerina or super hero?  No thanks.  The long shorts are more than enough.  They are lucky I don't go full on Stockton!

Science is out on the stuff. Pretty much why you see everyone from professional distance runners, Ironman competitors, fighters...etc wearing the stuff. And speaking from experience it really does make a world of difference from bloodflow to posture and some other things, especially once you get into your mid-30s. What I don't understand is people who don't do high impact activity rocking the sh*t. Like you can bench press just fine without some 2XU tights. 

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Science is out on the stuff. Pretty much why you see everyone from professional distance runners, Ironman competitors, fighters...etc wearing the stuff. And speaking from experience it really does make a world of difference from bloodflow to posture and some other things, especially once you get into your mid-30s. What I don't understand is people who don't do high impact activity rocking the sh*t. Like you can bench press just fine without some 2XU tights. 

I have a pair of the socks because I was having some calf issues.  I always wore long sleeved compression Ts, but that was only cause they looked cool under my pads.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Melo at the 4 isn't an actual thing. He's still the same sh*tty, stupid player. Call him a 3. Call him a 4. Call him Michael Jordan. It's not gonna help.

Oh I agree. He's just not going to get benched. Im just saying the best lineup we can start  has to have Noah or Oquinn at the 5.