Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The money NBA players get is absurd. Wall's about to get more/year? 

Iguodala contract is also just ridiculous for a role player.

they all are

Devil's advocate: that franchise has quintupled in value since the dude bought it in 2010, and it is specifically because of that lineup. 

NBA franchises as a whole are ridiculously high in value right now. Why shouldn't the players get a higher chunk of that? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Devil's advocate: that franchise has quintupled in value since the dude bought it in 2010, and it is specifically because of that lineup. 

NBA franchises as a whole are ridiculously high in value right now. Why shouldn't the players get a higher chunk of that? 

philosophically I could make an argument against it but realistically, (i.e my real world, that's life, sometimes it's unfair, deal with it bc that's the market value, mentality) I'm is fine with it. It is an insane amount of money these guys are getting though. 

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

philosophically I could make an argument against it but realistically, (i.e my real world, that's life, sometimes it's unfair, deal with it bc that's the market value, mentality) I'm is fine with it. It is an insane amount of money these guys are getting though. 

Ever see Trophy Kids? I'm gonna have to be one of those dads.

On July 2, 2017 at 8:38 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

That's why the cap is over $100 mil and increasing by double digits percent every year.  The CBA allocates the cap has to be a certain % of revenue 

On 7/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

On 7/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, HessStation said:

Yeah, it's the revenues and with the CBA before this one just agreed to, there's a 50/50 split.  Frankly, I think NBA star players should get more but are deprived of that because of the stupid player cap.  Right now, because of his years of service, LeBron can make no more than about $35m this year because of the player cap.  Why can't a team offer him $50m to lure him away (so long as it fits under the team cap)?  That way, having to sign guys like Mike Conley to the biggest contract in history at the time because of seniority will be ignored.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Yeah, it's the revenues and with the CBA before this one just agreed to, there's a 50/50 split.  Frankly, I think NBA star players should get more but are deprived of that because of the stupid player cap.  Right now, because of his years of service, LeBron can make no more than about $35m this year because of the player cap.  Why can't a team offer him $50m to lure him away (so long as it fits under the team cap)?  That way, having to sign guys like Mike Conley to the biggest contract in history at the time because of seniority will be ignored.

Cleveland's entire downtown revival revolved and still revolves around that guy. Curry is such a bag of wet noodles but the Warriors have become the third most valuable franchise in the league and it's pretty much because of him. Relatively speaking these guys were vastly underpaid and even still are. Lebron catches a ton of sh*t for so many things, but he was right at the forefront of making headway with respect to this stuff.

On July 3, 2017 at 3:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

This SL squad is garbage. Good news is Dotson looks like a pro and the Serbian kid actually looks really impressive.

No Ntlilina, Hernangomes or Kuz so yea.  Glad to see Dotson showing promise

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Knicks are going hard after Waiters. I, for one, can't possibly see the downside in paying a lot of money to yet another isolation player whose only decent year came in a contract season and doesn't play defense.

No free agents pls.  Knicks might as well go with a youth movement unlike the jets they actually have young players with some talent 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Knicks are going hard after Waiters. I, for one, can't possibly see the downside in paying a lot of money to yet another isolation player whose only decent year came in a contract season and doesn't play defense.

TTP. All in on Michael Porter, Jr.!!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SMC said:

Waiters re-signed with the Heat for 4 yrs $52 million.  Knicks saved on that.

Agree.  Waiters is an undersized 2 who got hot last year before getting injured.  Just play the kids and wait for Melo's contract to expire in 2 years

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like that guy is the most hyped prospect since Rose.

All I'm saying is that if the Knicks are committed to rebuilding, they chose the 2 best drafts to do it in 2015 & 2018 for top end talent.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's going to be here unfortunately

We'll see.  I don't think he'll be bought out because it makes no financial sense with his opt out.  He could be kept on the team and told not to report since they have 17 slots now.  That way that forces him to opt out and save the team $27M.  That's what I would do: give Melo an ultimatum to expand the teams he would waive his no trade clause for or sit out the season.

20 minutes ago, SMC said:

We'll see.  I don't think he'll be bought out because it makes no financial sense with his opt out.  He could be kept on the team and told not to report since they have 17 slots now.  That way that forces him to opt out and save the team $27M.  That's what I would do: give Melo an ultimatum to expand the teams he would waive his no trade clause for or sit out the season.

Do not buy out Melo.  

Nets gave Otto Porter $106M, whose been less productive than Timmy and is from the same draft class.  The funny thing is that the media praised the Porter offer sheet, but has criticized Timmy's offer sheet.

Both should be considered crazy, but you cant praise the Porter one and criticize the Timmy one.