Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

17 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The Bulls will give us Rondo for free next summer just like they just gave us Rose for free and he will be here on what is essentially a one year deal.

We can also get Dragic from the Heat but his contract isn't as friendly.

Rondo is awful.  Dragic isn't a bad option, but like you said, that's a bad contract.

Knicks win 4 in a row! Unfortunately, Rose had to leave the game early because of back spasms.  Hopefully he'll be ready for tomorrow.

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Rondo is awful.  Dragic isn't a bad option, but like you said, that's a bad contract.

Knicks win 4 in a row! Unfortunately, Rose had to leave the game early because of back spasms.  Hopefully he'll be ready for tomorrow.

This is actually one of the biggest games in the Garden in quite some time and a really important game for the Knicks. They've done damn well against the mid to lower tier teams in the East on this run they've been on and it looks like we're one of the better home teams in the league. I think this one means a lot more for us than it does them, but Lebron does love MSG. 

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is actually one of the biggest games in the Garden in quite some time and a really important game for the Knicks. They've done damn well against the mid to lower tier teams in the East on this run they've been on and it looks like we're one of the better home teams in the league. I think this one means a lot more for us than it does them, but Lebron does love MSG. 

All true, but it's the back end of a back to back so it's tainted a bit. Knicks are like 0-4 in back to backs and the second game has all been against winning teams.

16 minutes ago, SMC said:

All true, but it's the back end of a back to back so it's tainted a bit. Knicks are like 0-4 in back to backs and the second game has all been against winning teams.

Look here Monster Man, I'm gonna hit you with some knowledge that I just made up. Three of those losses off b2b games were on the road, and the only home one was the second game of the season. Carry the 3 and multiply that times the denominator, feed that into SPSS and my regression analysis tells me we got a shot tonight bitches.

• Upvote 1

I was bummed about all the quick jumpers last night until I realized the heat were down 3 starters

where is the hoops IQ on this team ?

you get a team like that you wear them out on defense, make them move side to side, and drive the lane mercilessly to get them in foul trouble

11 hours ago, SMC said:

I saw it on last night's postgame and am disappointed I didn't come up with it.  It's the perfect nickname for KOQ:

Oak-Quinn

Can they play him and Noah on the floor at the same time? It's becoming kinda clear Melo and Porzingis dont mesh well together as they both kinda do the same thing. Moving one to the first guy off the bench role might not be a bad idea.

Going small to create some noise on the perimeter with Lee/Holiday/Jennings is fine. Just for god's sake stop playing Vujacic.

Knicks need to come out of the half going straight to Porzingis. Really looks like there is nobody on that court that can guard him and that's including Lebron who Porzingis isn't the least bit scared of.

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Can they play him and Noah on the floor at the same time? It's becoming kinda clear Melo and Porzingis dont mesh well together as they both kinda do the same thing. Moving one to the first guy off the bench role might not be a bad idea.

The metrics say Melo and KP do mesh.  Also, there's no way you can play KOQ and Noah for extended minutes because all that would do is clog the paint.  Staggering KP and Melo's minutes as Hornacek has absolutely worked in the 9-3 run.  Why would they change that now?

25 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

O'Quinn has a jump shot you can play him with Noah but I wouldn't do it for long

KOQ takes jump shots to keep Davila honest. Relying on him to take jump shots defeats the purpose of KOQ 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SMC said:

Completely expected outcome last night.  Back-to-back against defending champs without starting PG results in no shot at victory.

We weren't winning that game even with Rose. They hoisted up 40 threes and shot 55%. Hit something like 70% from the arc in the first quarter. The only team in the league that could ever keep up with that is GS. Freakish sh*t right there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Rose out again tonight.

They should still have enough to beat Boogie and the Kings

They are missing him a lot more than I would have thought. When Porzingis gets cold like this it means Melo has to do everything on his own when Rose can't play.

I really do not understand the point of even having Vujacic on this team at all at any time ever ever ever.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And that strip on Noah.

Also since when can a player stop a game by asking the refs to review for a flagrant that wasn't called? That's a thing now? That can't be a thing.

Officiating was beyond horrible tonight.  Clearly Vegas wanted the Kings to cover. 

Carmelo played his best game of the season even with the two missed FTs at the end.  

• Upvote 1