Landing spots for geno next season?

SickJetFan

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Why on earth do you think he would want it.....provided he gets another offer.

Look you go where the job opportunity is. Fitz has been to 7 teams and maybe an eighth next season. If your best chance to play is here you sign here. The way I see it he's on a game to game basis. They are not going to stick with him if he sucks. I'm not even sure that Bowles will stick with him on Sunday if he's terrible. It's a chance for Geno and it's on him. When you get an opportunity you take advantage of it. Even if you receivers drop passes and defense plays bad (they did for Fitz and he got benched) etc. Geno has to be a leader and not a me first brat. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you go where the job opportunity is. Fitz has been to 7 teams and maybe an eighth next season. If your best chance to play is here you sign here. The way I see it he's on a game to game basis. They are not going to stick with him if he sucks. I'm not even sure that Bowles will stick with him on Sunday if he's terrible. It's a chance for Geno and it's on him. When you get an opportunity you take advantage of it. Even if you receivers drop passes and defense plays bad (they did for Fitz and he got benched) etc. Geno has to be a leader and not a me first brat. 

Exactly my point - so he will end up in either Redskins, Miami, or Home Depot (provided someone takes test for him etc...etc..)

IMO he won't be a disaster. We'll get from him what we've been getting from Fitz. Uneven play. But I'll give his homers a chance to redeem themselves. They've been finding excuses for him for months now. If he doesn't play well I want to hear it from them with no excuses. If not I respect them even less than I do now (and that's a lot). 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

IMO he won't be a disaster. We'll get from him what we've been getting from Fitz. Uneven play. But I'll give his homers a chance to redeem themselves. They've been finding excuses for him for months now. If he doesn't play well I want to hear it from them with no excuses. If not I respect them even less than I do now (and that's a lot). 

Geno fails us its next man up no excuses from me. 

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

A. Redskins

B. Miami

C. Home Depot

Maybe ask this after a game or 2 ? I know the geno haters are getting nervous, they can no longer bash how bad he is without worrying he won't get another chance.. Home Depot is likely where a failed 35 yr old qb is headed.. 

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

What are you I implying?

We don't spend enough money?

We don't watch enough games?

We don't read enough jet news?

I think that some think that threads like this are funny

Making fun of our own players is an art form.

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Maybe ask this after a game or 2 ? I know the geno haters are getting nervous, they can no longer bash how bad he is without worrying he won't get another chance.. Home Depot is likely where a failed 35 yr old qb is headed.. 

How many of these make fun of our QB or better yet the reverse excuse posts from Fitz diehards can we come up with?  

Lots of talk about no excuses for Geno from the contingent that continues to make every excuse in the book for Fitz.

Theyre prepping for Geno failing in advance, licking their chops to get revenge for the failure of their conquering hero.  

Its funny to watch,

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

The premise of my thread had nothing to do with how good or bad he does tomorrow or rest of season

He is a goner next season no matter what IMO 

Wow. Did you work that out all on your own? 

Of course, you're right. A huge swath of the fanbase hates him. The Jets can't bring him back. I really don't understand why he was still on the team once they decided to resign Fitz. It makes no sense. Jet fans will boo him during introductions tomorrow. They'll be merciless at every incompletion, and rabid after any turnover. I would be surprised if they haven't already stepped up Petty's preparation to play. It's only a matter of time. Geno could put up a perfect passer rating tomorrow, and there would be people here crediting everyone but him. It's just the way it is. 

It would be nice if fans were hoping for some kind of spark from the QB change, but it's really too much to ask from this fan base. Better to make stupid Home Depot jokes. 

Either way, Geno and Fitz are both gone next year. Both will still be in the NFL, though. Be interesting to see which one gets the better deal/opportunity. 

My guess is that he gets a shot at a backup job with a team whose starting QB has similar QB traits - like string arm, athletic, can run. Tanehill is more of a pocket passer. I doubt he would go there, but buffalo would be a good fit (that would be hilarious - would they have to let IK go). Sorry, blanking on teams that have running QBs.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many of these make fun of our QB or better yet the reverse excuse posts from Fitz diehards can we come up with?  

Lots of talk about no excuses for Geno from the contingent that continues to make every excuse in the book for Fitz.

Theyre prepping for Geno failing in advance, licking their chops to get revenge for the failure of their conquering hero.  

Its funny to watch,

I don't recall people making excuses for Fitz. He played poorly and deserved to be benched. You'll never get perfect conditions which is something Geno's homers have always demanded. There were not perfect conditions for Fitz, either. Dropped balls, bad defense, not much time to throw the ball. But his play made a bad situation even worse. If Geno can take us up a notch fine. If we win on Sunday I hope he starts the following week. But if he doesn't play well I'd like to see full admission and no excuses. He's getting his chance which he deserves because he's next man up. And Fitz is next man up to him. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't recall people making excuses for Fitz. He played poorly and deserved to be benched. You'll never get perfect conditions which is something Geno's honers have always demanded. There were not perfect conditions for Fitz, either. Dropped balls, bad defense, not much time to throw the ball. But his play made a bad situation even worse. If Geno can take us up a notch fine. If we win on Sunday I hope he starts the following week. But if he doesn't play well I'd like to see full admission and no excuses. He's getting his chance which he deserves because he's next man up. And Fitz is next man up to him. 

Nah.  

Youve just made my point. Already pointing out that we need a full admission and no excuses. 

No offense, you've made more excuses and come out of games seeing a level of play from Fitz that no one else has.  You actually claimed Fitz played ok vs AZ and Seattle etc,  that it wasn't his fault. Interesting to see if you critic Geno with the same green colored glasses. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why would anyone be nervous about geno being good? Hope he plays lights out actually.  Does not change the fact that he is goner next season and that he is a douche

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Wow. Did you work that out all on your own? 

Of course, you're right. A huge swath of the fanbase hates him. The Jets can't bring him back. I really don't understand why he was still on the team once they decided to resign Fitz. It makes no sense. Jet fans will boo him during introductions tomorrow. They'll be merciless at every incompletion, and rabid after any turnover. I would be surprised if they haven't already stepped up Petty's preparation to play. It's only a matter of time. Geno could put up a perfect passer rating tomorrow, and there would be people here crediting everyone but him. It's just the way it is. 

It would be nice if fans were hoping for some kind of spark from the QB change, but it's really too much to ask from this fan base. Better to make stupid Home Depot jokes. 

Either way, Geno and Fitz are both gone next year. Both will still be in the NFL, though. Be interesting to see which one gets the better deal/opportunity. 

Yep came up with on my own just like your dribble here..if my joke hurts your feeling then dont read it and put me on ignore

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Yep came up with on my own just like your dribble here..if my joke hurts your feeling then dont read it and put me on ignore

It didn't hurt my feelings. It just didn't register at all as comedy. It was both old and lame. Bad combination. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its funny to watch,

lol its definitely nervous.. See I'm on the fence, I don't know what geno will do.. I learned my lesson bashing fitzgarbage when he had to come in after geno got hurt. I said he stinks and it was impossible for him to have a good yr last yr.. He does stink but he surprised everyone at least for last yr.. Geno has had 2 years, a rookie and a sophomore yr.. the two yrs where most qb do their very worst.. 

It is easy to say trash a guy when he has no means to defend himself, on the bench.. Now these haters are at risk of looking like huge idiots because he now has a chance to prove the dummies wrong.. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nah.  

Youve just made my point. Already pointing out that we need a full admission and no excuses. 

No offense, you've made more excuses and come out of games seeing a level of play from Fitz that no one else has.  You actually claimed Fitz played ok vs AZ and Seattle etc,  that it wasn't his fault. Interesting to see if you critic Geno with the same green colored glasses. 

.Nobody says you have to sink to my level. OK, then full admission on your part if he plays poorly

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Why would anyone be nervous about geno being good? Hope he plays lights out actually.  Does not change the fact that he is goner next season and that he is a douche

Because there's a whole group of people that have been merciless in ridiculing everything about the guy, deserved and undeserved, who will have to admit they were dead wrong if he somehow pulls it out and plays well enough.  

People,would rather repeat that he's a douche than admit they were wrong, 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because there's a whole group of people that have been merciless in ridiculing everything about the guy, deserved and undeserved, who will have to admit they were dead wrong if he somehow pulls it out and plays well enough.  

Wrong about what eactly

Just now, Jet Nut said:

They will crawl under a rock tomorrow if Geno plays well and the Jets win the game. Book it. 

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

That you think adding Home Depot as a choice makes you funny and smart is telling and proves a point 

Why would it hurt anyone's feelings? 

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

.Nobody says you have to sink to my level. OK, then full admission on your part if he plays poorly

Why wouldn't I?  If he plays bad what's the point in saying he played well?  I'm not infatuated with him.  All I've ever said is I don't think he'd be worse than Fitz, can go deep and will save money.  Not really a ringing endorsement that needs to be played up.

Geno Smith has 10 games if he plays well enough to re establish himself as a quality NFL QB. If he plays well enough wins games he can very well be the answer we've been looking for. If not he's gone end of story. Next man up!

The only way Geno starts the next 10 games here is if he's putting up Brady-esque numbers. And that ain't happening. Otherwise starting Geno here serves no purpose (he ain't gonna sign a backup deal here and the Jets aren't going to offer more than that if anything)...in fact, starting Geno past the 6th or maybe 7th loss is actually counter productive.

I doubt someone that has collected tens of millions of $ over the past 10 years is going to HD for anything other than replacing home appliances.

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Geno is a bottom five starting QB, but he's probably a top five backup QB. He's going to have a backup job for the better part of the next decade if he chooses. I'm sure he'll get a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere, but he'll be in this league for a long time.

He may be, but we really do not know that. He had a bad first and second year but he is not necessarily the same QB with more experience and a better offensive system. A 10 year veteran like Douchebeard though is what he is. I do not think Fitz is better than Geno. It was not true last year either. But that does not make Geno good either. I am excited for Petty, but Geno could surprise if he does not implode in the first game or 2 he is back.

16 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I doubt someone that has collected tens of millions of $ over the past 10 years is going to HD for anything other than replacing home appliances.

Ha well I guess we doubled his career earnings in one foolish contract this yr.. And I doubt he would be any use to Home Depot.. He has terrible clumsy control over a football, imagine him trying to control a power saw..

Archived