Landing spots for geno next season?

SickJetFan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

The only way Geno starts the next 10 games here is if he's putting up Brady-esque numbers. And that ain't happening. Otherwise starting Geno here serves no purpose (he ain't gonna sign a backup deal here and the Jets aren't going to offer more than that if anything)...in fact, starting Geno past the 6th or maybe 7th loss is actually counter productive.

There's a whole lot of room between Bradyesque numbers and what we've endured with Fitz.  Will take a lot less to buy him a few weeks until Petty is absolutely ready to play.

25 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

The only way Geno starts the next 10 games here is if he's putting up Brady-esque numbers. And that ain't happening. Otherwise starting Geno here serves no purpose (he ain't gonna sign a backup deal here and the Jets aren't going to offer more than that if anything)...in fact, starting Geno past the 6th or maybe 7th loss is actually counter productive.

I completely agree

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

IMO he won't be a disaster. We'll get from him what we've been getting from Fitz. Uneven play. But I'll give his homers a chance to redeem themselves. They've been finding excuses for him for months now. If he doesn't play well I want to hear it from them with no excuses. If not I respect them even less than I do now (and that's a lot). 

I agree I actually think he will play ok...BAL is beat up and they suck against pass and the schedule is obviously in his favor but again I think it is irrevelant since there is 0 chance he will resign and once he plays a team with any good pass rush he will fall apart.

There's a whole lot of room between Bradyesque numbers and what we've endured with Fitz.  Will take a lot less to buy him a few weeks until Petty is absolutely ready to play.

Oh, I agree with that....but as soon as we lose like our 7th game, doubt they'll start Geno unless he's playing lights out and we're still losing is my point.

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I agree I actually think he will play ok...BAL is beat up and they suck against pass and the schedule is obviously in his favor but again I think it is irrevelant since there is 0 chance he will resign and once he plays a team with any good pass rush he will fall apart.

I think they give him a conservative game plan and not the whole play book. Don't let him beat himself. But if the defense gives up big plays like with Fitz it will be difficult to play from behind. He will have to throw the ball into coverage and you know what that means. And again Geno fans no excuses if the defense sucks. Let's see how well Geno does playing from behind. 

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think they give him a conservative game plan and not the whole play book. Don't let him beat himself. But if the defense gives up big plays like with Fitz it will be difficult to play from behind. He will have to throw the ball into coverage and you know what that means. And again Geno fans no excuses if the defense sucks. Let's see how well Geno does playing from behind. 

Well geno already has 1 int this season from playing from behind dont he

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, those Lacey's cookies by trader Joe's.....can't even control myself! 

Never had them. Ill get back to you. Oh and someone was questioning Glennon's abilities/resume etc. Please post some stuff on what makes him a hot commodity this coming season in free agency.

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

Lol. You act like we haven't already seen Geno fail.

Sent from mTalk

He doesn't get it. Don't waste your time.  He doesn't understand that even if Geno plays well. which most of us doubt, he still wont be here next year since he's already burned this bridge down. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should i start a stupid thread of where Ryan Fitzpatrick will wind up next year it wont be in the NFL thats for sure. 

Maybe a librarian or an usher at movie theatre or part of a barber shop quartet.

Where will his weak arm land him 

He'll be mentoring Petty and Hack. You can visit Geno at the Sunoco gas station near you. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should i start a stupid thread of where Ryan Fitzpatrick will wind up next year it wont be in the NFL thats for sure. 

Maybe a librarian or an usher at movie theatre or part of a barber shop quartet.

Where will his weak arm land him 

Ryan Fitzpatrick's net worth is $24 million dollars.

Perhaps he'll buy an island with a library or a chain of movie theaters.

This is what happens when backup quarterbacks act as locker room leaders, do their homework, learn the playbook, unselfishly act like good soldiers, mind their social media manners, and keep their dicks off Snapchat.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

This is what happens when backup quarterbacks act as locker room leaders, do their homework, learn the playbook, unselfishly act like good soldiers, mind their social media manners, and keep their dicks off Snapchat.

SAR I

Good for him wish him well. Nice guy not a good NFL QB. 

Hows the weather in China? 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Good for him wish him well. Nice guy not a good NFL QB. 

Hows the weather in China? 

It's nice that you wish Ryan Fitzpatrick well.  He's a team-guy, it's not his fault that he's old and limited and forced into a starters role he did not ask for.

It is 85, hazy, hot, and humid in Hong Kong.  I head to China this morning, hope @Maxman has lifted the IP ban on accessing JN from China or else I won't be able to partake in the Geno bashing after the disastrous loss.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He seems to be a good guy, maybe he'll give geno a job

Archived