#### New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

I am no Geno fan. But look at the TD pass to Enunwa. I thinkGeno will show enough during the time they play him this season that another team will pick him up no problem. he will be glad to leave, and most likely flourish elsewhere. meanwhile, the Jets have some serious thinking to do about management. In particular, should Mac be the one to actually negotiate the contracts and make the offers, or should he be more of talent acquisition guy. nothing wrong in that (except a blow to his ego), especially if they hire a strong experienced coach who will actually call the shots in the organization. i expect maybe a third or more of the starters on this team to be gone next year. then if if we suck enough, draft well, and start Petty (after he has played 4 or 5 games this year4) with Hack as bkup, we should improve, gradually, year by year. Go with the younger guys; forget this over the hill FA crap. Rebuild, smartly and have the confidence that you can do it And for God's sake, forget about instant gratification. This franchise is in a deep mess, and may always remain so, alas, due to its the intellectual limitations of its aging naive owner.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big plays that is what we have been missing on offense (and defense for that matter)  Perfect pass by Geno and Enunwa just ran away from those defenders.  Guess what, Anderson and Peake are capable of doing the same thing if Geno can get the ball to them  in stride.  This is what has been missing. 

1 minute ago, FlaJetsFan said:

I am no Geno fan. But look at the TD pass to Enunwa. I thinkGeno will show enough during the time they play him this season that another team will pick him up no problem. he will be glad to leave, and most likely flourish elsewhere. meanwhile, the Jets have some serious thinking to do about management. In particular, should Mac be the one to actually negotiate the contracts and make the offers, or should he be more of talent acquisition guy. nothing wrong in that (except a blow to his ego), especially if they hire a strong experienced coach who will actually call the shots in the organization. i expect maybe a third or more of the starters on this team to be gone next year. then if if we suck enough, draft well, and start Petty (after he has played 4 or 5 games this year4) with Hack as bkup, we should improve, gradually, year by year. Go with the younger guys; forget this over the hill FA crap. Rebuild, smartly and have the confidence that you can do it And for God's sake, forget about instant gratification. This franchise is in a deep mess, and may always remain so, alas, due to its the intellectual limitations of its aging naive owner.

You had this pre-written and waited for the right time to post it with the front added on, didn't you?

I don't want to take anything away from the great play by Enunwa but it looked like the Ravens defenders weren't even trying to take him down. There were like four guys running by his side at different points and none even tried to make contact. Looked like the kind of thing our sh*tty secondary would do.

Archived