Geno will never play for the Jets again

Joe Jets fan

45 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Unfortunately that play may have been the key to his career ending. 

This is exactly who Geno is. When there's pressure he loses his mind. He stops protecting the ball (see sack #1), runs lateral or backwards (see sack #1) and takes sacks instead of throwing it away. 

He lost nothing.  Not the ball, not key yardage, nothing.  

I love how Geno is the only QB who has ever taken s sack.

i shouldn't be surprised.  He played well, despite predictions of doom, moved the team, didn't turn it over, helped open up the field & running game, so let's hang onto a sack 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any doubt that Geno surrounds himself with people that tell him he's a lot better than he is? I don't know if there's anyone else with less self awareness in sports besides Carmelo. 

"Geno, if it weren't for that unfrafted dude out of Harvard you'd be on top of the league brah, it ain't your fault...it's the fans fault brah"

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Is there any doubt that Geno surrounds himself with people that tell him he's a lot better than he is? I don't know if there's anyone else with less self awareness in sports besides Carmelo. 

So which is it?  No one likes him or he surrounds himself with people that tell him he's a lot better than he is? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

His buddies. Geno seems to carry himself like his Johnny U. The problem is he's awful.

You mean like Fitz? 

Who got a starting gig. 12 million because Marshall, Decker and Mangold think he's a great guy? 

That kind of support?

now give the delusional buddies talking him up 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He lost nothing.  Not the ball, not key yardage, nothing.  

I love how Geno is the only QB who has ever taken s sack.

i shouldn't be surprised.  He played well, despite predictions of doom, moved the team, didn't turn it over, helped open up the field & running game, so let's hang onto a sack 

He played well? Man, .500 completion percentage, and 25 yards outside of a fantastic play from Enumwa, and losing 13-7 against an awful Ravens team is well? If Geno played well, Fitz was lights out, only he wasn't. He was just good enough to clean up Geno's mess.

Just now, Cap'nObvious said:

He played well? Man, .500 completion percentage, and 25 yards outside of a fantastic play from Enumwa, and losing 13-7 against an awful Ravens team is well? If Geno played well, Fitz was lights out, only he wasn't. He was just good enough to clean up Geno's mess.

Ah, Cap'nObvious is really Cap'nTroll.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean like Fitz? 

Who got a starting gig. 12 million because Marshall, Decker and Mangold think he's a great guy? 

That kind of support?

now give the delusional buddies talking him up 

Fitz went undrafted out of the Ivy League. He's probably earned what he's getting.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Trolling 

Nothing more.  It's obvious

He played well. 

I know the calvacade of lesser QBs has made you numb to know what playing well actually looks like. Geno was okay. He did not play well. I know it's semantics, but he didn't do anything that impressive or anything that stood out and made you say wow. He was okay. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I know the calvacade of lesser QBs has made you numb to know what playing well actually looks like. Geno was okay. He did not play well. I know it's semantics, but he didn't do anything that impressive or anything that stood out and made you say wow. He was okay. 

You're stroking it again.  

4 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Ya know, I'm a play Bryce ASAP guy...and even I realize that he may in fact suck. I can accept that....just want to know if he does or not at this point because that needs to be the point of this awful season.

I already know Fitz and Geno suck.

Exactly......especially the last part. 

Geno gets an MRI tomorrow. If he passes and is up to it physically Bowles will probably give him the start on Sunday. If he's not ready or can't practice until later in the week they'll probably go with Fitz. Don't act as if it's Geno's permanent job it's not. He's on a week to week basis as is Fitz who lost the starting job. He didn't play enough today to prove or disprove anything. The game plan is conservative for both of them and it worked today. If the defense plays well maybe we can win some games. I don't think we're going to win many playing from behind. Not with these two guys. 

12 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

QR is a garbage stat, Enunwa got him his 135 QR, come on man, just be fair, that is all.

You're a garbage poster. 

What name did you use before signing up under this name on Tuesday? 

Fair?  Two trips to the red zone and Fitz lost yards.  Saved by a 2x fumble for a first down otherwise 3 points in those two trips.  3 delay of game penalties.  A rushed 3rd and a foot as the clock ran out at midfield, should have used a TO.  Did nothing.  

Geno was a lot better.  They had to play the pass and it opened up the run game for the first time in weeks.  Had to respect the pass, amazing concept lost because it's too obvious

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You're a garbage poster. 

What name did you use before dining up under this name on Tuesday? 

Fair?  Two trips to the red zone and Fitz lost yards.  Saved by a 2x fumble for a first down otherwise 3 points.  3 delay of game penalties.  A rushed 3rd and a foot as the clock ran out at midfield, should have used a TO.  Did nothing.  

Geno was a lot better.  

That is not nice, I am a garbage poster because I say Fitz deserves his praise for leading the team to a win? You say Geno did well, and Fitz sucked, yet Fitz won the game. No need for personal attacks, its only football dude, its only a message board, I am entitled to my opinion. Jets won, I know that must have really sucked for you since Fitz led it.

6 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

That is not nice, I am a garbage poster because I say Fitz deserves his praise for leading the team to a win? You say Geno did well, and Fitz sucked, yet Fitz won the game. No need for personal attacks, its only football dude, its only a message board, I am entitled to my opinion. Jets won, I know that must have really sucked for you since Fitz led it.

You're a garbage poster because you troll.  Nothing about that is not nice, it's what you do

im a long time fan, not a troll screaming look at me.  I love that I watched my team win.  You hate that Geno played well and could care less about the win, see it as an opportunity to stir shlt.  A troll.

Thats the nice spin

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You're a garbage poster because you troll.

im a long time fan, not a troll screaming look at me.  I love that I watched my team win.  You hate that Geno played well and could care less about the win, see it as an opportunity to stir shlt.  A troll.

Thats the nice spin

I troll because I said Fitz saved the day? and that deserves personal attacks? I don't even like Fitz, and cannot wait until we have better, but I gave the guy his due for leading the Jets to a win. I enjoyed seeing the Jets win today, what a terrible fan and human I am huh?

1 minute ago, Cap'nObvious said:

I troll because I said Fitz saved the day? and that deserves personal attacks? I don't even like Fitz, and cannot wait until we have better, but I gave the guy his due for leading the Jets to a win. I enjoyed seeing the Jets win today, what a terrible fan and human I am huh?

Saying "Fitz saved the day" is trolling.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I dont think Fitz did enough to warrant getting the start next week in Cleveland. He took them on one drive before the half. The D was dominant.

Geno should start next week against the Browna if he's healthy. And im not a Geno fan.

This. I also think the CS will look bad when they rename Fitz the starter if Geno can go.

7 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

This. I also think the CS will look bad when they rename Fitz the starter if Geno can go.

It would make it look like they are unsure of themselves to me. Fitz didn't come in and play great. He just didn't do anything to win the job back. And it wasnt like Geno looked awful before he got hurt.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

You think Geno will play well enough, and be healthy enough, that Macc will want to resign him and play him ahead of his own hand-picked QB's Petty and Hack?

Can you explain the thinking behind that opinion?

Fitz will definitely not be on this team next season. Since we're in rebuild mode and most likely aren't going to the playoffs, there is absolutely zero upside to starting him. If Geno plays well and shows that he's learned, why wouldn't the Jets resign him? Petty is a scrub. He is Kellen Clemens version 2.0. I have no idea why people are so high on him. Jury is still out on Hack, but yes, give him some reps this year.

either way, let's see if Geno can be a good starter and if not, let's give Hack some reps. Fitz is done with this team. It makes zero sense to start another game.

3 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Fitz will definitely not be on this team next season. Since we're in rebuild mode and most likely aren't going to the playoffs, there is absolutely zero upside to starting him. If Geno plays well and shows that he's learned, why wouldn't the Jets resign him? Petty is a scrub. He is Kellen Clemens version 2.0. I have no idea why people are so high on him. Jury is still out on Hack, but yes, give him some reps this year.

either way, let's see if Geno can be a good starter and if not, let's give Hack some reps. Fitz is done with this team. It makes zero sense to start another game.

What makes you think Geno wants to come back to the Jets? 

I'm not sure how in the same sentence you can say you want to see Hack get reps and that Petty is a scrub. Did you watch any preseason games?

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What makes you think Geno wants to come back to the Jets? 

I'm not sure how in the same sentence you can say you want to see Hack get reps and that Petty is a scrub. Did you watch any preseason games?

Not that they mean much but yes, I did watch preseason games. Petty has a strong arm but little pocket presence. Hack is totally raw. I think Geno would resign if he plays well and the Jets make him an offer. I don't think he ever got a fair shot.

59 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Fitz will definitely not be on this team next season. Since we're in rebuild mode and most likely aren't going to the playoffs, there is absolutely zero upside to starting him.

I agree, he will not be on our roster in 2017.

The upside to playing him is winning, if the staff believes he gives us the best chance to win.

This upside vanishes once we're mathematically eliminated, which is when I'd expect a transition to Petty.

If Geno plays well and shows that he's learned, why wouldn't the Jets resign him?

Because the odds that he'd play well enough to earn being resigned is very low, and was made less likely by his middling play and injury yesterday. 

I think the "Geno could be resigned after he plays great!" folks are, honestly, living in a fantasy world.

Petty is a scrub. He is Kellen Clemens version 2.0. I have no idea why people are so high on him.

Facts not in evidence.  

In point of fact, there is vastly more evidence that Geno is a "scrub" than there is about Petty.

Petty may in fact show us he is a scrub, but again, the focus on Geno-as-future is (IMO) widely misplaced.

Jury is still out on Hack, but yes, give him some reps this year.

He's not remotely capable of taking #1 reps in an actual NFL game as yet.  He will not see the field this year.

I prefer to play the QB our staff thinks gives us the best chance to win, Fitz or Geno their call, until we're eliminated.  

Then I would play Petty the remaining games as evaluation for his being retained/cut in 2017.

Hack will not be played in 2016.

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno may walk around on the sideline and say it feels all right. But that is not running around on it and making plays.  If I were a betting man, I would say cartilage.  You can walk around and feel fine with cartilage----until the knee buckles.  If it is even a slight sprain, he sits for a while.

Archived