Watching Fitz Lead the Jets to a win was Awesome

AFJF

Got back-up reps all week in practice, bad weather, came in cold, no Dekcer.

Started off 7 for 7 IIRC with the eventual TD pass to Forte.

Didn't turn the ball over and hit Robby Anderson on a big throw down the middle late in the game for 28 yards.  Fitz actually called a TO right before that play to go speak to Patullo so he was probably telling him he saw something that made him feel like they could get a big play down the middle.

I saw some of the O-linemen giving him a few "atta' boys" when he came in for Geno, clearly liked by his guys.

All that being said...thanks for a nice season last year Fitz.  I'm sure you're one of the better people in the NFL and I hope you hang around to help develop our young guys or find your way as a broadcaster.

Keep trotting Geno out there until that becomes a waste and just give the team to Petty for the remainder.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, elgoman said:

Fitz was terrible today. Looked like his usual garbage play. The defense and Flacco are responsible for the win.

How was he terrible? Geno led the Jets to a 6 point deficit, and got himself injured, Fitz came in and they won the game, just be fair man. Its one game, its OK

5 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

How was he terrible? Geno led the Jets to a 6 point deficit, and got himself injured, Fitz came in and they won the game, just be fair man. Its one game, its OK

The deficit had nothing to do with Geno just like our win today had nothing to do with Fitz. Fitz was inefficient and inaccurate. For most of the game Geno led him in passing yards despite only playing one quarter. The injury is neither here nor there; Fitz was sacked too. The reason we won the game is because we took the ball out of Fitz''s hands and our defense forced turnovers off a bad (( apparently injured) Flacco.

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

The deficit had nothing to do with Geno just like our win today had nothing to do with Fitz. Fitz was inefficient and inaccurate. For most of the game Geno led him in passing yards despite only playing one quarter. The injury is neither here nor there; Fitz was sacked too. The reason we won the game is because we took the ball out of Fitz''s hands and our defense forced turnovers. 

Geno's yards came from 1 short pass to Enunwa that he took the house, be fair man, I know it must have sucked to watch the Jets win with Fitz at the helm, but hey, its still a win.

7 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Fitz was terrible today as per usual. Geno was more accurate and was responsible for a TD himself. The defense and Flacco are responsible for the win.

Geno completed 50% of his passes. Fitz completed 64% of his. Enunwa was largely responsible for the Geno score. 

The W was nice, but once again we are sacrificing long term opportunities for short term gratification. The season was a wash the second we hit 1-5, and the season should have immediately turned to Petty and Hackenberg. At best, we surprisingly find out we have a guy. At worst, we land a top 2 pick. Unfortunately we are now on our way to a 6-10 season with no chance of drafting high enough for a top QB prospect.

Mariota looking great is only making this worse. We had that guy dead to rights and instead traded two meaningless December wins for him. This team is never going to learn from its mistakes, ever ever ever. And it's going to be just great when this dumpster fire of a season lands us another cornerback or something. 

4 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Geno's yards came from 1 short pass to Enunwa that he took the house, be fair man, I know it must have sucked to watch the Jets win with Fitz at the helm, but hey, its still a win.

Geno was simply better overall. BBetter arm and accuracy. He had some drops today too. That Enunwa play was partly enabled by Geno''s timing, placement and arm strength. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno completed 50% of his passes. Fitz completed 64% of his. Enunwa was largely responsible for the Geno score. 

Geno threw the ball down field that his accuracy % is not going to be high. Thats fine as down field throwing is efficient and worth more than Fitz garbage short throws, which are inefficient and can't win games against teams whose QBS aren't terrible.

The Enunwa play was abetted by Geno''s placement, timing and arm strength. Before that Geno should have had big plahs with Marshall at least twice. 

Just now, elgoman said:

Geno threw the ball down field that his accuracy % is not going to be high. Thats fine as down field throwing is efficient. The Enunwa play was abetted by Geno''s placement, timing and arm strength. Before that Geno should have had a big play with Marshall at least twice. 

None of Geno's throws were more than 15 yards down the field. He didn't try a deep ball once. His completion percentage was all on short and intermediate routes. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

None of Geno's throws were more than 15 yards down the field. He didn't try a deep ball once. His completion percentage was all on short and intermediate routes. 

I dont know how you define a deep ball but Geno was attempting 20 to 30 yard throws and they were getting dropped.  His 50% accuracy comes from drops mainly, and a 50% completion rate is fine when a QB is aattempting deeper throws like the one from our half to the 50. A 50% completion rate attempting good passes is better than than Fitz''s inefficient garbage passes which amount to 50 something % when teams game plan for it.

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The W was nice, but once again we are sacrificing long term opportunities for short term gratification. The season was a wash the second we hit 1-5, and the season should have immediately turned to Petty and Hackenberg. At best, we surprisingly find out we have a guy. At worst, we land a top 2 pick. Unfortunately we are now on our way to a 6-10 season with no chance of drafting high enough for a top QB prospect.

Mariota looking great is only making this worse. We had that guy dead to rights and instead traded two meaningless December wins for him. This team is never going to learn from its mistakes, ever ever ever. And it's going to be just great when this dumpster fire of a season lands us another cornerback or something. 

Fool. Don't you know that finishing with a better losing record means the team is going to perform better the following year?

See, here's how it goes: if Joe Flacco doesn't throw a pair of passes right at our DBs twice in the 2nd half, it means we are worse and also we'll be worse next year because we can't build off this win next year.

Put it another way. These same players won't be the same players if we win a couple more games by year's end. Somehow, they'll be different, and this will be of some benefit to us in 2017. You just can't see it because you are a bad fan drunk on haterade. 

[edit: Lol at the 3 people that didn't get the over the top sarcasm. Come on.]

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Fool. Don't you know that finishing with a better losing record means the team is going to perform better the following year?

See, here's how it goes: if Joe Flacco doesn't throw a pair of passes right at our DBs twice in the 2nd half, it means we are worse and also we'll be worse next year because we can't build off this win next year.

Put it another way. These same players won't be the same players if we win a couple more games by year's end. Somehow, they'll be different, and this will be of some benefit to us in 2017. You just can't see it because you are a bad fan drunk on haterade. 

You may be on to something. It does seem beneficial that Ryan Clady learns how to win right now.

They had a conservative game plan for Smith early on, and depending on how the game went maybe they would've eventually let him throw more and take more risks, it was about getting him comfortable and getting him into a rhythm. He really didn't do that much for me to really judge his play. But based on what we did see, he played ok. 

7 minutes ago, elgoman said:

I dont know how you define a deep ball but Geno was attempting 20 to 30 yard throws and they were getting dropped.  His 50% accuracy comes from drops mainly, and a 50% completion rate is fine when a QB is aattempting deeper throws like the one from our half to the 50. A 50% completion rate attempting good passes is better than than Fitz''s inefficient garbage passes which amount to 50 something % when teams game plan for it.

He literally never threw a pass today over 20 yards in the air. I'm not even sure you watched the game today. 

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fairly obvious today that the owner said start Geno and then everyone else said F u once he came up lame.

I didn't think so originally but kind of have no choice but to agree now. After Fitz's comments.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Didn't turn the ball over and hit Robby Anderson on a big throw down the middle late in the game for 28 yards.  Fitz actually called a TO right before that play to go speak to Patullo so he was probably telling him he saw something that made him feel like they could get a big play down the middle.

I saw some of the O-linemen giving him a few "atta' boys" when he came in for Geno, clearly liked by his guys.

All that being said...thanks for a nice season last year Fitz.  I'm sure you're one of the better people in the NFL and I hope you hang around to help develop our young guys or find your way as a broadcaster.

Keep trotting Geno out there until that becomes a waste and just give the team to Petty for the remainder.

Glenn great seeing you today at the tailgate. Hey I just read this and it looks like you have something on your chin. Oh it is probably just BBQ sauce from the ribs. Check it just in case.  

:)

I kid, I am a kidder, lol.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Fitzgerald is and has been a fine back up. He excelled in that roll today.  Limited practice reps and played good enough to win. Still leaves us no starter and never mind a franchise....pfft.  Can't even saying it without hating myself.  Play Geno till Bruce remembers to dress on gameday.  Some point be nice to see Hack get some real NFL action. Today was fun. 

Just now, Maxman said:

Glenn great seeing you today at the tailgate. Hey I just read this and it looks like you have something on your chin. Oh it is probably just BBQ sauce from the ribs. Check it just in case.  

:)

I kid, I am a kidder, lol.

Did you read the whole post?  I wrote it and thought "some dummy is gonna' comment in this without reading it all the way through".

I was right :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Did you read the whole post?  I wrote it and thought "some dummy is gonna' comment in this without reading it all the way through".

I was right :thumbup:

I read the whole post. Just couldn't resist, I think the BBQ sauce joke was good.  lol....

Great win today! 

now Bowles can annouce Petty as the starting QB in Cleveland

It's the perfect storm, one chance, one opportunity to start his first game in the NFL, Browns are "on the clock" there will not be a better way to develop the Jets QB of the future and if he can't handle the Browns then the Jets have at least learned something...

Choices

1 - start a know commodity in Fitz or Geno, win the game and start talking playoffs, playoffs? 

2 - start Petty vs Browns with a team still in the hunt, don't wait for the 7th or 8th loss when the veterans have quit and fans are cheering for draft status

Jets have invested development time, a draft pick and now is the oportune time to cash those chips

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I read the whole post. Just couldn't resist, I think the BBQ sauce joke was good.  lol....

You thought it was good.  I thought it was worse than Fitz's performance against the Chiefs. ^_^

50 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The one caveat to this is that there are no QBs coming out this year who are worth a top 10 pick. It's the 2013 EJ Manuel/Geno Smith/Mike Glennon draft all over again. Guys will be arguing over who the best is among a group of turds.

Build a foundation and let Petty play, draft a guy I  2018/19 that's worth a sh*t.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The one caveat to this is that there are no QBs coming out this year who are worth a top 10 pick. It's the 2013 EJ Manuel/Geno Smith/Mike Glennon draft all over again. Guys will be arguing over who the best is among a group of turds.

Build a foundation and let Petty play, draft a guy I  2018/19 that's worth a sh*t.

So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I read last year's crop sucked. Oops

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Fitzpatrick leads the Jets to come from behind win after an ineffective Geno Smith comes out of the game with the Jets trailing.

It's amazing what some actually think the narrative was today.

But given the history not surprising.  

Archived