- I do believe you pre-determine who you're going to throw to before the snap
is in your hands

- I do believe you consistently miss open receivers because you refuse to 
scan the field

- I do believe you must be the most delusional QB in the entire league.  First
you held out all off-season thinking you were going to be in high demand.  Then
you have the nerve to call out the front office because they FINALLY held you
accountable for your bad/reckless play

Grow up take responsiblity for your crappy play and shut your mouth.  You should
be embarrassed by that display yesterday

I was a big fan of Fitzpatrick the man, not so much the QB.  After I watched the presser, I lost a lot of respect for Fitz.  What a little whiny, entitled, woe is me, selfish bitch.  

You summed it up perfectly.  The audacity to make those comments after the way he's played.  Unreal. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I never liked him as a player, but I at least respected him as a person. He seemed like a good guy. Respect gone.

What is lost on some here is that players don't typically say this. Benched players do not say they should be out there or they deserve to be out there (or whatever words he used that mean precisely this). What he is also saying is he is announcing which QBs he believes should be benched in favor of himself.

Saying he should be out there is not the same as saying he wants to be out there. That is what a respectful teammate says. Particularly after his sh**show this season, which itself came on the heels of his collapse in last season's finale. 

He was being honest lol. Honest. Telling your boss's hot wife she has a great ass would also be honest, but any fool knows you don't actually say it. 

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

fitz makes it seem like he has been with the team a decade, like mangold or harris, a homegrown lovable draft pick who the fans have rooted for all his career.  he's completely full of himself even as his stats suggest he is the worst starter in the league.  all i saw yesterday was the offensive line finally run blocking and the defense putting the offense in a position to score points.  the one big play by the offense occurred when geno was the qb, fitz probably doesn't realize this.

Her said it in the presser you didn't listen too so there's that

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It was obvious Fitz was saying they didn't believe in him after the 6 games not while they were negotiating the contract. Fitz is well aware he got benched due to his turnover problems and poor play Im sure Fitz knew anyone with half a brain already knew that since he said it earlier in the god damn week. Any athlete hates getting benched even when they play bad because they feel they can come out of the slump. If you don't have confidence as a player you might as well pack it in right then and there.

Fitz didn't lose his cool and he didn't say anything he was not thinking you all got it real like he's ALWAYS done since he's been here. The first thing you say when you get benched is I played bad WHICH FITZ DID and the second thing is I GUESS THE COACH does not think I can come out of this. WTF do you guys think if something similar happened to you in your life ? Oh sorry I suck at life and I'm just going to pack it in ?

valium-roche-package.jpg  

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you have a problem with what Fitz said but not a problem with the way Geno acted last weekend, that's a problem and double standard. I have no problem with guys who want to play and say that. Fitz knows it's on him and he's even said as much. I have no problem with Geno wanting to play either. Jets fans are the worst. They won yesterday in case you missed it being pissed about who the damn QB is.

I have no problem with him saying he wants to play. But what Fitzpatrick said was worse, he threw management, coaches and ownership under the bus. Then he made divisive comments implying that the players believe in him and prefer him (don't know how true that is at this point). Geno never threw anyone under the bus and just said he wanted to play, I don't agree with him saying anything and I'd prefer if he were quiet, but I understood it. 

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Her said it in the presser you didn't listen too so there's that

he knows his stats suck.  but i don't want to hear the qb whine about how nobody has faith in him.  he thinks his teammates have faith in him - i say, why would they?  they just lost to russell wilson, ben rothlisburger and carson palmer.  those are real qbs.  guys like brandon marshall will never admit it but they know the difference.  

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

typical stupid Jets fan thread.

The guy said what he feels and gets attacked by a pack of idiots.

if the coach and owner and the GM believed in him he would have been in the game so why bash him for stating the truth ?

He knows why he was benched and he never said anything other wise other than still having faith I'm himself to succeed.

If anyone here thinks Fitz should have said I suck and I don't belong here they are just complete morons.

We ALL know Fitz Limitations and every QB has some its just apparent the coaching staff does not know those limitations and learns to coach them accordingly

You're insane.  He sounded like an entitled millennial up there. 

If this was Geno, you'd be killing him right now.

2 minutes ago, August said:

I have no problem with him saying he wants to play. But what Fitzpatrick said was worse, he threw management, coaches and ownership under the bus. Then he made divisive comments implying that the players believe in him and prefer him (don't know how true that is at this point). Geno never threw anyone under the bus and just said he wanted to play, I don't agree with him saying anything and I'd prefer if he were quiet, but I understood it. 

i didn't like it at all.  it's as if he's trying to lobby for another contract despite his poor performance and despite the jets drafting 2 qbs to succeed him.  he should shut up and win.  the one big play on offense was geno's throw to enunwa.

Just now, JiF said:

"I think I should start every week."

Yeah this is totally an appropriate thing to say to the media less than a week after getting benched. Because Harvard. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

he knows his stats suck.  but i don't want to hear the qb whine about how nobody has faith in him.  he thinks his teammates have faith in him - i say, why would they?  they just lost to russell wilson, ben rothlisburger and carson palmer.  those are real qbs.  guys like brandon marshall will never admit it but they know the difference.  

So your upset he said what EVERYONE knows and what everyone is thinking ? It's more the choice of words then it is the actual situation. Fitz was being honest when he said the organization has lost faith in him if they didn't he would not have been benched RIGHT ??

Hey Fitz next Presser go out there and act like a PUSSY so the Jets fans can embrace you. Deception and stupidity wins the day Ryan

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I had business to take care of so I didn't see the post game presser.... the balls of this guy to call out the organization. Unbelievable.

i was/am very disappointed.  he turned the nyj starting job into a popularity contest within the lockerroom.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i didn't like it at all.  it's as if he's trying to lobby for another contract despite his poor performance and despite the jets drafting 2 qbs to succeed him.  he should shut up and win.  the one big play on offense was geno's throw to enunwa.

Hopefully they make him the 3rd string going forward so if Geno gets hurt or struggles Petty is the next man up. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didn't say a ******* thing about what Geno Did last week and I know exactly what he must have been feeling so sorry but your wrong yet again. I know you would probably prefer the pussy way out but I commend him for saying it like it is. If anyone here thinks Fitz does not know why he was benched then they are Idiots.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I didn't say a ******* thing about what Geno Did last week and I know exactly what he must have been feeling so sorry but your wrong yet again. I know you would probably prefer the pussy way out but I commend him for saying it like it is. If anyone here thinks Fitz does not know why he was benched then they are Idiots.

You commend a player for calling out the entire organization, from top to bottom, for benching him because he was the worst QB in the NFL? WTF?

You spit more vile at Geno than anyone on the board.  Your hypocrite is showing. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"I think I should start every week."

Yeah this is totally an appropriate thing to say to the media less than a week after getting benched. Because Harvard. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It wasn't stupid. I'm trying to help you.

Sometimes I wonder how many people who are so ******* outspoken on this site actually played any type of organized sports.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I actually believe Evan roberts on this. Fitz uses this as a motivator. He plays better and less gunslinging when he has a chip on his shoulder. It did not look good in the presser, but I think it was used t motivate himself. And his past reflects that too.

this may be true.  but he should think it and not say it, as bright as he allegedly is.  don't call out the coach, don't call out the gm. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree, and I think it was an emotional response to a leading question posed by the media

probably.  but for a guy on his 6th team, he should know why, he should know where his motivation comes from, he should be more in control.  as much as sanchez has been bashed, he handled it amazingly, still does.

Just now, JiF said:

You commend a player for calling out the entire organization, from top to bottom, for benching him because he was the worst QB in the NFL? WTF?

You spit more vile at Geno than anyone on the board.  Your hypocrite is showing. 

I never ever spit Vile at Geno for being passionate about being an NFL QB and wanting to play. I was critical of his play and I'm not sure many can dispute that. I was also critical of Fitz play this year and said he should be benched. Im not going to be critical at what Fitz said here simply because I think the HC and OC have done a horrible job this season in just about every aspect and they deserve to be called out Just as much as Fitz needed to be benched. This organization stinks and they stink on a level that's beyond belief but now all the little pussy Jets fans come out in defense of that because they have a genuine hatred for a QB they felt should never have been here. STUPID

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Sometimes I wonder how many people who are so ******* outspoken on this site actually played any type of organized sports.

You should send this message to Damien Woody. Tell him if he'd only ever played any type of organized sport he'd see the light like you do.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

If the choices are between him and you as an NFL expert, how many do you think would pick you? 

Guess what ? I could care less. I know the game an I can see what has been hindering this organization for 40 + years and its Bad Coaching, really bad coaching and I'm getting sick of watching it TBH.

Archived