Geno TORE ACL

Gas2No99

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Chances are if it's torn it's not badly torn and likely wasn't doing further damage by standing. He may be ok enough to walk around but not ok enough to play on a football field, and it doesn't necessarily make it worse.

He was out of his pads & uniform it's believed the injury is potentially serious enough to keep him off the field. Not like Shanahan throwing RGIII right back out there.

A player on the field going out of bounds could have forced him to cut on his knee.  I understand the docs said he should not go back out there, and I am not a doctor myself of course. I was more just defending Namath based on his seeing Smith standing there, nothing apparently wrong other htan that he had shed his uniform.

Not a big deal, the much larger thing being the acl tear.

I really wish he would have thrown that ball into the stands. He just never learned that. Having said that, I never want to see a player hurt, especially a knee, because it can end a career. I wish him well and hope he fully recovers. Lets turn the page and see what the kids can do, starting with Petty and hopefully we will get to see Hack too. It's going to be hard to root hard for Fitz, knowing we will get Petty if he falters and also he sounded very small and bitter yesterday. Lets play Petty soon.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm no particular Geno fan, but I feel bad for the guy.  That sucks for him.  He'll be going on IR and that very well may be opening up a spot for Devin Smith.  They obviously don't need to bring in another QB.

Petty is officially going to get the backup role now, and it's now just a matter of how many more games Fitz gets before Petty has his chance.  The upcoming weaker schedule might make that a little longer than many I'm sure would hope.

I also feel bad for him but good lord, THROW THE FU*KING BALL AWAY!  That was was typical Geno, trying to force a play play that's not there.  It It almost always ends ends badly  :(

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nice job by the staff having him STANDING ON THE ******* SIDELINE after it happened. Jesus Christ. 

gotta love when the medically ignorant pretend to know what they are talking about....   I didn't realize you were one of those types.

Regardless of how you feel about Geno, even if you don't have a compassionate bone in your body, this injury ends up hurting the team. I'm sure Macc was thinking that even if Geno doesn't light up the world they could at least showcase him for teams looking for backups. Geno could have netted the Jets a compensatory pick. That ain't happening now. 

Geno Smith went to college for free and made $5 million because he plays football, which at 26 years old, is more than almost every single one of us will make in a lifetime. He has prime medical care for his injury. He's set for life. Spare me the "you need to be compassionate" nonsense. There are lots of people in this world with real problems.

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Geno Smith went to college for free and made $5 million because he plays football, which at 26 years old, is more than almost every single one of us will make in a lifetime. He has prime medical care for his injury. He's set for life. Spare me the "you need to be compassionate" nonsense. There are lots of people in this world with real problems.

Yeah, like TEARING your knee and possibly - despite "top notch medical attention" - having some kind of walking impediment or arthritic pain FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

NO $hit there are FAR WORSE problems in the world, as you JUST pointed out in your post - kid made some $ for doing what he loves compared to most here - IT IS ALL RELATIVE.

So YES it is a shame this young man - or ANY player down to the 2nd string Punt Gunner - TEARS his knee. hopefully YOU never tear a ligament and deal with the life-altering happenstance it presents to walking FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. ;)

Stating this:

"Spare me the "you need to be compassionate" nonsense."

Most agree Geno is FRUSTRATING to watch on the Jets, but tearing your knee SUCKS for Geno Smith the person - no matter how annoying he is- as it does for Geno the football player. Just makes you come across like some ignorant non-compassionate d!ck, which you have EVERY right to choose to be, but it SIMPLY does not materially or entertainingly contribute to the conversation in this thread. What do I know, just my 2¢ :mellow:

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's who Geno is. Just like we know who Fitz is, that is who Geno is. Great arm, athletic ......zero field awareness. Next man up....

That's what I always say about Geno. No pocket awareness and you would think he would be more athletic since he ran the read option at WVU. Tough break, but I think this is going to be one of those crazy Jets seasons that could only happen to the Jets. Now watch Fitz turn it completely around now that he is facing the JV of the NFL in the next few games.

19 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Yet most of us on this board post about how our favourite sports team sucks, and that doesn't get a mention?

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

The Fitztragic curse:

St. Louis Rams - Jamie Martin injured  

Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer injured  

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards injured  

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker injured  

Houston Texans - Ryan Mallett injured  

New York Jets - Geno Smith injured 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

And while he's been here Geno has been injured not once, but twice!

Police are at Fitzpatrick's home right now, executing a search warrant for six small dolls with football helmets and little pins sticking out of them.

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

this SHOULD end the "geno never got a fair chance" posts on this board. but it wont. maybe some of these poster will migrate over to genos new teams message board next year, so they can continue to fight and root geno on for his "5th chance". I would bet that 5th chance wont be a "fair" one, either. I wish geno all the best as a human being, but the writing is on the wall as a football player

Nah we'll just move on to Petty bandwagon , because watching Fitz fool us one more time is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

I really wish he would have thrown that ball into the stands. He just never learned that. Having said that, I never want to see a player hurt, especially a knee, because it can end a career. I wish him well and hope he fully recovers. Lets turn the page and see what the kids can do, starting with Petty and hopefully we will get to see Hack too. It's going to be hard to root hard for Fitz, knowing we will get Petty if he falters and also he sounded very small and bitter yesterday. Lets play Petty soon.

Even if he threw it out of bounds there, chance is likely he's still taking the hit. 

38 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

And obviously your one of them .

Archived