Geno TORE ACL

Gas2No99

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Even if he threw it out of bounds there, chance is likely he's still taking the hit. 

The way he ran though, he turned around to face the pursuing defender and tried to run backwards away from him. He was twisting round as he got hit, which could have been what caused the tear.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Geno Smith went to college for free and made $5 million because he plays football, which at 26 years old, is more than almost every single one of us will make in a lifetime. He has prime medical care for his injury. He's set for life. Spare me the "you need to be compassionate" nonsense. There are lots of people in this world with real problems.

i seriously doubt this is more than almost every single one of us will make in our lifetime.

$5mm over 50 years of working is 100k a year.

he's no where near set for life.

Just now, batman10023 said:

i seriously doubt this is more than almost every single one of us will make in our lifetime.

you are not factoring in the time value of money

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Wow. You can't live off of $100k a year without ever having to lift a finger again? Not to mention you could just put $5 million into conservative investments and probably live off just the returns. 

4 hours ago, Beaver said:

The Fitztragic curse:

St. Louis Rams - Jamie Martin injured  

Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer injured  

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards injured  

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker injured  

Houston Texans - Ryan Mallett injured  

New York Jets - Geno Smith injured  

JetNation - Beaver injured

Hey maybe we can trade Fitz to the pats.

You're next. :eek:

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Wishing injury on any player or cheering about it is very low says a lot about the character of the person doing it. 

Karma is a bitch. 

I wasn't wishing any injury. Just responding to the fact that you are not dealing with. Yet of course you take it out of context. DAMMMMN YESSSSS NOOOO Keep talking Karma Police will come for you.

I've always thought Fitz is a better qb than Geno, and that he gave us a better chance to win.  But I definitely feel terrible for Geno, and I hope he gets another chance somewhere.  He can still turn his career around, and it's a little unfair how he was treated here as a Jet.  I mean the guy was thrust into a starting role way too soon, as he was fundamentally a long term project, not unlike Petty and Hack.

For the same reason it would be bad to throw Petty out to the wolves before he's ready.   It really can ruin a qb.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Only a selfish, self indulgent, immature fool would blow 5 million. Yea he's screwed. But he'll get many other opportunities because the NFL's QB depth chart is scary as Halloween night.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

12 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Only a selfish, self indulgent, immature fool would blow 5 million. Yea he's screwed. But he'll get many other opportunities because the NFL's QB depth chart is scary as Halloween night.

hmm.  taxes takes off 2mm.  agents take off 500k.  right there you are at 2.5mm.  

he won't be broke but he's not living it up.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Wow. You can't live off of $100k a year without ever having to lift a finger again? Not to mention you could just put $5 million into conservative investments and probably live off just the returns. 

My rent is $100k a year so no i couldn't...

he's only netting $2.5mm after taxes and agent fees.  i bet he's got less than $1mm left.  at 2% interest rate right now he's good for a whopping $20k a year in interest.

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

hmm.  taxes takes off 2mm.  agents take off 500k.  right there you are at 2.5mm.  

he won't be broke but he's not living it up.

2.5 mill in the bank - yea I could see him having to wait on the welfare cheese line with only 2.5 mill in the bank. Poor guy.  :1cry: 

Geno's career may be over due to this injury. If he played reasonably well he would be asking a 5 year contract at what would be substantial money. Due to this injury the best I see him getting is 2 years with an opt out after 1. With zero production for 2 years can't really see anyone making him a serious offer. As much a non Geno supporter that I am it's not the way I wanted to see him or any player go out. Get healthy and make me eat my words. Hey Fitz made me do that.

31 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Geno's career may be over due to this injury. If he played reasonably well he would be asking a 5 year contract at what would be substantial money. Due to this injury the best I see him getting is 2 years with an opt out after 1. With zero production for 2 years can't really see anyone making him a serious offer. As much a non Geno supporter that I am it's not the way I wanted to see him or any player go out. Get healthy and make me eat my words. Hey Fitz made me do that.

The punch cost him a ton of money. For 400 bucks. 

He he would have gotten a decent contract after last year if he played. Given the schedule he would have done well.

5 hours ago, brian101193 said:

This kind of makes Namath look like a dick

Namath has reached that stage in life when you smile encouragingly (but not patronizingly) and are very patient when he says something -- out of respect for his age and SB 3 accomplishment and ability to beat booze addiction and deal with memory loss and family setbacks one day at a time.  He probably knows not so much about the wrinkles and complexities of QB-ing the modern game, and zilch about any particular player's active medical status.  I wish the best for Geno going forward, in his rehab, and whatever other team may be in his future.  As for Namath, this old saw comes to mind:  before opening your mouth, ask yourself:  does this (for example, an unfortunate remark about Geno) need to be said, does this need to be said right now, and does this need to be said by me?

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

According to the Census Bureau,  the average American earns $1,400,000 in their lifetime.

2 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Namath has reached that stage in life when you smile encouragingly (but not patronizingly) and are very patient when he says something -- out of respect for his age and SB 3 accomplishment and ability to beat booze addiction and deal with memory loss and family setbacks one day at a time.  He probably knows not so much about the wrinkles and complexities of QB-ing the modern game, and zilch about any particular player's active medical status.  I wish the best for Geno going forward, in his rehab, and whatever other team may be in his future.  As for Namath, this old saw comes to mind:  before opening your mouth, ask yourself:  does this (for example, an unfortunate remark about Geno) need to be said, does this need to be said right now, and does this need to be said by me?

As long as he's on this team, yes yes and yes.

Archived