Jump to content

Starting Fitzpatrick


Recommended Posts

Makes not 1 bit of sense for this team and organization. He's on a 1 year deal the season is lost we're destined to have a high draft pick let these young qbs play so we can see what we have before we go blow another draft pick on a qb! Petty should start and Hack should get in after him against the Browns. Fitz will probably have a decent game because the browns are awful then will keep starting. end rant

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep Petty/Hack far away from the field. Any QB that has ever been in front of Fitz on the depth chart has met the devil.     

And Geno haters can do the same. 

Makes not 1 bit of sense for this team and organization. He's on a 1 year deal the season is lost we're destined to have a high draft pick let these young qbs play so we can see what we have before we

This is bad.  The Jets are going to beat Cleveland and will then be 3-5.  They're going to play this guy until they're officially eliminated.

They need to bench this loser for Petty.  Carpenter and Winters are doing a hell of a job protecting the QB, so it's not like Petty is going to get the sh*t beaten out of him and be ruined.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let Fitz play.  Let him get the dickens kicked out of him.  

Fitz may have a week arm, but he is smart.  He is not getting hit like Geno did.  The Jets OL cannot provide the time to a QB trying to throw the ball down field.   Let Geno play his game until he gets hurt, or the Jets are officially mathematically eliminated. I would like to see Petty practice for another month/strengthen his shoulder.  What do not need is another injury to Petty that causes him not to be ready for all of next off season/year.  Its not worth it.

If Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz can go from being drafted to playing, Petty could use another year of practice/off season and shoot to be a prominent player next year.  Same for Hack.  Let Fitz play with his pals this year.  Then we can cut most of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, varjet said:

Let Fitz play.  Let him get the dickens kicked out of him.  

Fitz may have a week arm, but he is smart.  He is not getting hit like Geno did.  The Jets OL cannot provide the time to a QB trying to throw the ball down field.   Let Geno play his game until he gets hurt, or the Jets are officially mathematically eliminated. I would like to see Petty practice for another month/strengthen his shoulder.  What do not need is another injury to Petty that causes him not to be ready for all of next off season/year.  Its not worth it.

If Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz can go from being drafted to playing, Petty could use another year of practice/off season and shoot to be a prominent player next year.  Same for Hack.  Let Fitz play with his pals this year.  Then we can cut most of them.

Carson Wentz got a wake up call this week and Dak has the best offensive line in football with the NFL's leading rusher. Dak is making great decisions with the football though, not taking that away...but I doubt that if Dak was a Jet that he'd be as good as he's been in Dallas. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Carson Wentz got a wake up call this week and Dak has the best offensive line in football with the NFL's leading rusher. Dak is making great decisions with the football though, not taking that away...but I doubt that if Dak was a Jet that he'd be as good as he's been in Dallas. 

Wentz actually got popped in the chin by Washington, the Vikings were the 2nd team to stifle  him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It comes down essentially to whether you believe the eye test that says this team has played badly or the mathematics which says this team is alive.

Bowles' job is to win games period. That's the whole point of having a HC.

If they had lost the Ravens game, I would have started Petty, but...

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Makes not 1 bit of sense for this team and organization. He's on a 1 year deal the season is lost we're destined to have a high draft pick let these young qbs play so we can see what we have before we go blow another draft pick on a qb! Petty should start and Hack should get in after him against the Browns. Fitz will probably have a decent game because the browns are awful then will keep starting. end rant

As much as I hate seeing Fitz back there, he's going to play atleast two more losses, before Petty starts. People have unreasonable expectations from Petty and Fitz is the best option right now (I think I just puked in my mouth typing that). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

As much as I hate seeing Fitz back there, he's going to play atleast two more losses, before Petty starts. People have unreasonable expectations from Petty and Fitz is the best option right now (I think I just puked in my mouth typing that). 

Defying even your own broken Geno logic now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, varjet said:

Let Fitz play.  Let him get the dickens kicked out of him.  

Fitz may have a week arm, but he is smart.  He is not getting hit like Geno did.  The Jets OL cannot provide the time to a QB trying to throw the ball down field.   Let Geno play his game until he gets hurt, or the Jets are officially mathematically eliminated. I would like to see Petty practice for another month/strengthen his shoulder.  What do not need is another injury to Petty that causes him not to be ready for all of next off season/year.  Its not worth it.

If Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz can go from being drafted to playing, Petty could use another year of practice/off season and shoot to be a prominent player next year.  Same for Hack.  Let Fitz play with his pals this year.  Then we can cut most of them.

While I am tempted to go full Start Petty Now! mode, this issue with the OL does bring in a note of caution.  I'd feel better about it for sure if the OL tightened up its pass protection.  It was a good sign that the running game was better though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Im sorry for not jumping on the Petty bandwagon yet. 

Does he need to play like absolute sh*t for 2 years before you get on board?

What are the other parameters here... getting a coach and GM fired? How about costing his franchise $12mil dollars just to make sure they don't have to start him again?

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

While I am tempted to go full Start Petty Now! mode, this issue with the OL does bring in a note of caution.  I'd feel better about it for sure if the OL tightened up its pass protection.  It was a good sign that the running game was better though. 

Easy fix. Trade out 1st for Joe Staley, and our 2nd for Joe Thomas, then move Clady to OLB, and trade Geno and Breno for Kaepernick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually he tore the organization apart yesterday in his presser 

eh, this organization has been split open before... easy to miss it though... no guts on the inside

WOCKA WOCKA!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Does he need to play like absolute sh*t for 2 years before you get on board?

What are the other parameters here... getting a coach and GM fired? How about costing his franchise $12mil dollars just to make sure they don't have to start him again?

You want to see how Petty does this year so we can work towards 2017 accordingly. Me too. So we are finally on the same boat. Having said that, If Fitz can play average and we win the next 3 relatively easy games, we are 5-5. Im a glass half full kind of guy so I'd like to see some competitive football before we bring out the white flag (Petty). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, j4jets said:

You want to see how Petty does this year so we can work towards 2017 accordingly. Me too. So we are finally on the same boat. Having said that, If Fitz can play average and we win the next 3 relatively easy games, we are 5-5. Im a glass half full kind of guy so I'd like to see some competitive football before we bring out the white flag (Petty). 

If we were on the same boat, and there was a hole in the hull, you're argument would be to cut that part of the hull out to remove the hole. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If we were on the same boat, and there was a hole in the hull, you're argument would be to cut that part of the hull out to remove the hole. 

 

Actually, that would be you. You're willing to cut out a hole and sink right now in hopes of someone coming and patching up that hole. Let me tell you, the chances Petty can patch that hole are slim to none. Im willing to fight it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mkajet01 said:

Todd Bowles thinks jets can rebound! He's dillusional jets season over, play kids find out what we have for next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
 

The probability is unlikely, but KC made it after going 1-5 last year, so teams are now all thinking they can be the next KC.  Our schedule is soft.  We definitely can be 5-5 at the bye.  Will it happen?  Probably not, but it's definitely possible, so I see Bowles point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

is it a foregone conclusion that fitz starts this sunday?  is that a stupid question?  

Petty needs to take advantage of his 1st team reps and kick ass in practice. I still don't think he has any chance of starting this week, but maybe the week after 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

While I am tempted to go full Start Petty Now! mode, this issue with the OL does bring in a note of caution.  I'd feel better about it for sure if the OL tightened up its pass protection.  It was a good sign that the running game was better though. 

Petty has a quick release. Most times, that is enough to make the OL look light years better. Just an opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine if Fitzpatrick goes on a tear and we make the playoffs. 

Imagine, even if it does happen by some absurd set of flukey circumstances...

What next? This crap team with Fitz is going to waltz into Cincy, or Pittsburgh, or Oakland, or Denver...and win?

Then go into Foxboro or Denver...and win again?

Then go on the road...and win again?

Reality check: NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Any of it. This season will be a total loss if Petty does not get several starts under his belt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...