Jump to content

Starting Fitzpatrick


SR24
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Actually, that would be you. You're willing to cut out a hole and sink right now in hopes of someone coming and patching up that hole. Let me tell you, the chances Petty can patch that hole are slim to none. Im willing to fight it out. 

The part of your brain that contains the insecure little voice that tells you you should respond is your enemy. It betrays you time and again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the AFC in 2016, 6 losses will likely make the playoffs, 7 losses likely not but possible, 8 losses basically impossible because there will be at least 2 other AFC teams that do not win their division with .500+ records.

Thus, let Fitz play away for $12mm until he hits 7 or 8 losses.   I am concerned about late season injuries.   I will have a post on that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Actually, that would be you. You're willing to cut out a hole and sink right now in hopes of someone coming and patching up that hole. Let me tell you, the chances Petty can patch that hole are slim to none. Im willing to fight it out. 

So you want fitz to qb on sunday????

 

200.gif#3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

This is bad.  The Jets are going to beat Cleveland and will then be 3-5.  They're going to play this guy until they're officially eliminated.

They need to bench this loser for Petty.  Carpenter and Winters are doing a hell of a job protecting the QB, so it's not like Petty is going to get the sh*t beaten out of him and be ruined.

Completely agree.  This organization has no guts or common sense.  Ive been a supporter of Fitz, but the Fitz era is over.  There's nothing left but the crying.  A few wins against putrid teams doesn't change the fact that Fitz has reverted back to who he is - a journeyman QB who's best days are behind him.  Petty needs to start as soon as he's healthy! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Completely agree.  This organization has no guts or common sense.  Ive been a supporter of Fitz, but the Fitz era is over.  There's nothing left but the crying.  A few wins against putrid teams doesn't change the fact that Fitz has reverted back to who he is - a journeyman QB who's best days are behind him.  Petty needs to start as soon as he's healthy! 

I think the relevant issue is that Petty was hurt (shoulder) and only practicing again for 2 weeks.  Had he been practicing steadily since the last pre-season game, I think this is a different argument.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

This is bad.  The Jets are going to beat Cleveland and will then be 3-5.  They're going to play this guy until they're officially eliminated.

They need to bench this loser for Petty.  Carpenter and Winters are doing a hell of a job protecting the QB, so it's not like Petty is going to get the sh*t beaten out of him and be ruined.

NFL head coaches get paid to "win the game" and until the Jets are out of it, Fitzpatrick IS going to start so be prepared. I think now that the Jets are playing some of the NFL's junior varsity over the next few weeks they have a chance to be 5-5 at the bye. If that is the case then Fitz stays for the remainder of the season and we start next year with Petty and Hack battling it out. That's just how I see it shaking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Imagine, even if it does happen by some absurd set of flukey circumstances...

What next? This crap team with Fitz is going to waltz into Cincy, or Pittsburgh, or Oakland, or Denver...and win?

Then go into Foxboro or Denver...and win again?

Then go on the road...and win again?

Reality check: NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Any of it. This season will be a total loss if Petty does not get several starts under his belt.

You know what though, can we as fans have a little fun for a while?   Maybe win a game against NE?   Beat Buffalo? Miami? I would love to win those games with Petty but I will take them any way I can get them.  I think we can win them with ether qb.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was all in on Petty. But, what if Petty sucks? Then we are mostly stuck with him for 9 more games? I don't know if you go to him, you can really go back to Fitz and save any team morale.

As long as Petty gets enough games to show us what he can do and get some real experience if he does okay, I can live with Fitz for a while. I would imagine now that Petty gets the #2 reps, he should have a chance to improve while he waits his turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless of what Fitzpatrick does from here on out he is done come next year imo.  Even if he rallies the team to respectability he has shown too many kinks this year and his little speech yesterday did not help.  If at the start of next season this forum is debating between petty, fitz and hackenburg then this team has failed badly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You know what though, can we as fans have a little fun for a while?   Maybe win a game against NE?   Beat Buffalo? Miami? I would love to win those games with Petty but I will take them any way I can get them.  I think we can win them with ether qb.  

 

Fun is subjective.  Winning a game here and there with zero chance to win a SB, the only goal as far as I'm concerned, is no longer enjoyable for me.  And I am not alone in that sentiment.

Winning those games you refer to will only submerge the Jets further into this decades long abyss of mediocrity.

  It is time to rebuild this team.  No quick fixes. No free agency splashes.  No "STB" short-sighted whining from the fans. Part of the rebuild is playing Petty to know where he fits.  Just the draft with some bargain shopping to fill out the roster.  That's it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look some of you got your dream and Fitz was bad and benched. He had one terrible game. Also one great game. The rest of them mediocre to fair but with no help from his teammates who were also pretty bad. Esp. on defense. And we saw how great Marshall has looked so far this season. Even though he made the play of the game with that hit and recovery after Forte fumbled. So right now you're stuck with him. We saw how well he played in our five game winning streak last year and maybe this team can improve and play better football. We're not making the playoffs but as fans we can have some fun and get some Ws. My hope is an 8-8. I don't care about the top draft pick that's an imprecise science and it looks like the best Qb last season is a guy taken in round 4.  Don't worry Fitz haters he will not return next season. You can save your hate for someone else. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look some of you got your dream and Fitz was bad and benched. He had one terrible game. Also one great game. The rest of them mediocre to fair but with no help from his teammates who were also pretty bad. Esp. on defense. And we saw how great Marshall has looked so far this season. Even though he made the play of the game with that hit and recovery after Forte fumbled. So right now you're stuck with him. We saw how well he played in our five game winning streak last year and maybe this team can improve and play better football. We're not making the playoffs but as fans we can have some fun and get some Ws. My hope is an 8-8. I don't care about the top draft pick that's an imprecise science and it looks like the best Qb last season is a guy taken in round 4.  Don't worry Fitz haters he will not return next season. You can save your hate for someone else. 

And Geno haters can do the same. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look some of you got your dream and Fitz was bad and benched. He had one terrible game. Also one great game. The rest of them mediocre to fair but with no help from his teammates who were also pretty bad. Esp. on defense. And we saw how great Marshall has looked so far this season. Even though he made the play of the game with that hit and recovery after Forte fumbled. So right now you're stuck with him. We saw how well he played in our five game winning streak last year and maybe this team can improve and play better football. We're not making the playoffs but as fans we can have some fun and get some Ws. My hope is an 8-8. I don't care about the top draft pick that's an imprecise science and it looks like the best Qb last season is a guy taken in round 4.  Don't worry Fitz haters he will not return next season. You can save your hate for someone else. 

Exactly why we should play Petty and Hack.  Fitz is a 12 year train wreck.  Continuing to send him out there is a waste of time and effort for us fans.  Let Fitz sit on the bench and contemplate how he will bring down another franchise next year.  If some dope of a GM is dumb enough to give him another job.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly why we should play Petty and Hack.  Fitz is a 12 year train wreck.  Continuing to send him out there is a waste of time and effort for us fans.  Let Fitz sit on the bench and contemplate how he will bring down another franchise next year.  If some dope of a GM is dumb enough to give him another job.

Petty and Hack are not ready. Give Petty a few more weeks of practice and if things don't go right (we're not officially out of the playoffs yet) then give him starts in Dec. btw according to something I read on ESPN.com the Jets were going to give Geno at least 4 starts. It's not impossible that Fitz can't play better than he did. Odds are he will. Maybe this was a wake up call for him in terms being careless and making stupid plays. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look some of you got your dream and Fitz was bad and benched. He had one terrible game. Also one great game. The rest of them mediocre to fair but with no help from his teammates who were also pretty bad. Esp. on defense. And we saw how great Marshall has looked so far this season. Even though he made the play of the game with that hit and recovery after Forte fumbled. So right now you're stuck with him. We saw how well he played in our five game winning streak last year and maybe this team can improve and play better football. We're not making the playoffs but as fans we can have some fun and get some Ws. My hope is an 8-8. I don't care about the top draft pick that's an imprecise science and it looks like the best Qb last season is a guy taken in round 4.  Don't worry Fitz haters he will not return next season. You can save your hate for someone else. 

I know your very pro Fitzpatrick but just one bad game ?!!! Really ? Lol.. He was arguably the worst qb in the NFL.. A dream to start out 1-5? No. i was hoping he would play decent and we could maybe make the playoffs.. He had 1 good game.. i knew it fitz was going to be benched we would be doing terrible.. I'm sure the fitz groupies smiled when geno got hurt, and again more today knowing he has a tear. After what fitz said yesterday proves how much of a arrogant delusional baby.. He absolutely deserved to be bench and he acts so insulted that Bowles Benched the worst qb in the league..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Carson Wentz got a wake up call this week and Dak has the best offensive line in football with the NFL's leading rusher. Dak is making great decisions with the football though, not taking that away...but I doubt that if Dak was a Jet that he'd be as good as he's been in Dallas. 

This is 100 % correct its what I've been saying about the Jets for 16 + years they have no idea how to get the best out of a QB NONE.

This season is all but over and if there ever was a time to look at our Young QB's its now. I mean if a guy like Petty comes in a just lights it up at least we know we don't have to spend a high pick on a QB and concentrate on building this team in other areas of need starting with the secondary and the offensive line.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know your very pro Fitzpatrick but just one bad game ?!!! Really ? Lol.. He was arguably the worst qb in the NFL.. A dream to start out 1-5? No. i was hoping he would play decent and we could maybe make the playoffs.. He had 1 good game.. i knew it fitz was going to be benched we would be doing terrible.. I'm sure the fitz groupies smiled when geno got hurt, and again more today knowing he has a tear. After what fitz said yesterday proves how much of a arrogant delusional baby.. He absolutely deserved to be bench and he acts so insulted that Bowles Benched the worst qb in the league..

anyone who smiled when Geno got hurt is an Idiot. Just like the idiots who cheered when Pennington got hurt

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know your very pro Fitzpatrick but just one bad game ?!!! Really ? Lol.. He was arguably the worst qb in the NFL.. A dream to start out 1-5? No. i was hoping he would play decent and we could maybe make the playoffs.. He had 1 good game.. i knew it fitz was going to be benched we would be doing terrible.. I'm sure the fitz groupies smiled when geno got hurt, and again more today knowing he has a tear. After what fitz said yesterday proves how much of a arrogant delusional baby.. He absolutely deserved to be bench and he acts so insulted that Bowles Benched the worst qb in the league..

I can only speak for myself and I wasn't rooting for Geno to fail or to get injured. And I never said that Fitz haters wanted him injured. Just dead. But Fitz's play if you're objective suffered due to bad defense putting the team in a position when he had to play from behind. And he did poorly. Instead of bringing us back like he did in Buffalo he made it worse with careless throws. I'm not defending him but imo a lot of this bad play had to do with the holdout. We just talked and argued about it all summer but he had to live through it and apparently it was very tough on him. He said he lived a few miles from Florham Park but wasn't allowed to practice with the team. It's not easy being in limbo like that and imo a stupid move by the FO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm done with fitz but to throw hack in there when he isn't ready is stupid. It would only kill his confidence and his mechanics. 

Petty will start when he's healthy. 

Petty is 100% healthy and he isn't starting .. Bowles is Bsing we need to find out if any of these other QBs are worth going forward with .,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let Fitz play.  Let him get the dickens kicked out of him.  
Fitz may have a week arm, but he is smart.  He is not getting hit like Geno did.  The Jets OL cannot provide the time to a QB trying to throw the ball down field.   Let Geno play his game until he gets hurt, or the Jets are officially mathematically eliminated. I would like to see Petty practice for another month/strengthen his shoulder.  What do not need is another injury to Petty that causes him not to be ready for all of next off season/year.  Its not worth it.
If Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz can go from being drafted to playing, Petty could use another year of practice/off season and shoot to be a prominent player next year.  Same for Hack.  Let Fitz play with his pals this year.  Then we can cut most of them.


So you want to waste next season seeing that Petty and Hackenburg suck too?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...