Todd Bowles- The Streak Killer

nyjunc

I don't know why I find this interesting but I do.  In his less than year and a half on the job Bowles has slayed some long win/losing streaks.

2015:

we were undefeated in Houston against the Texans, he led us to the loss.

we hadn't beaten NYG since 1993 before he led us to that win

2016:

Our last home loss to Cincy was 1981 before he led us to the loss

Our last loss at home to Seattle was 1983 before Bowles led us to the loss.

Our last loss to the cards anywhere was 1975 before he led us to the loss.

Our last(and only) win against the ravens came in 1997 before he led us to the win

the only long streak he didn't break was against philly who we are destined to never beat.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually give Bowles and the CS some credit for making D adjustments at halftime on Sunday after what looked like another secondary debacle earlier in the game. And dealing with a Qb change due to injury. We actually outcoached someone one week and a pretty good coach in Harbeau. 

17 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually give Bowles and the CS some credit for making D adjustments at halftime on Sunday after what looked like another secondary debacle earlier in the game. And dealing with a Qb change due to injury. We actually outcoached someone one week and a pretty good coach in Harbeau. 

yes, they finally did the job they are paid to do.  let's hope they can do it again this week.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes, they finally did the job they are paid to do.  let's hope they can do it again this week.

He did the job last year, too. But you're right about 2016 so far. The players are not coached up. And bad efforts and players out of position and not making plays. You would think with the investment in the secondary and that's Bowles area of expertise it would be a strong point not an obvious weak point. But on Sunday they came to the rescue and basically won the game. 

17 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Do you think success came Sunday in the form that the Ravens are a bad football team. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

He did the job last year, too. But you're right about 2016 so far. The players are not coached up. And bad efforts and players out of position and not making plays. You would think with the investment in the secondary and that's Bowles area of expertise it would be a strong point not an obvious weak point. But on Sunday they came to the rescue and basically won the game. 

No he didn't, not when you don't have a team prepared and ready to play in a win and in game in week 17.

20 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know why I find this interesting but I do.  In his less than year and a half on the job Bowles has slayed some long win/losing streaks.

2015:

we were undefeated in Houston against the Texans, he led us to the loss.

we hadn't beaten NYG since 1993 before he led us to that win

2016:

Our last home loss to Cincy was 1981 before he led us to the loss

Our last loss at home to Seattle was 1983 before Bowles led us to the loss.

Our last loss to the cards anywhere was 1975 before he led us to the loss.

Our last(and only) win against the ravens came in 1997 before he led us to the win

the only long streak he didn't break was against philly who we are destined to never beat.

Maybe this thread will end the streak of complaining about QB threads here?  LOL

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 2:15 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Streaks against NFC teams are largely meaningless because of how infrequently we play them -- the only time streaks mean anything is when it's with teams in your division (i.e. broke a five game losing streak to the Bills.)

we hadn't lost at Miami since 2011 and only lost at Miami 2 times since 2006.

• 11 months later...

add another, the last time we blew a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game was 1995 against Indy.  I think we were up 24-3 in that game and Jim Harbaugh led the Colts back. 

Here are a few others that I didn't update yet:

2016 we lost to Indy in the reg season for the first time since 2006

2016 we won in SF for the first time since 1983

2016 were swept by Miami for the first time since 2009

2016 swept Buffalo for the first time since 2011

2016 allowed 40+ points twice in a season for the first time since 1995

2017 lost season opener to Buffalo for first time since 1981

2017 blew 14 pt 4th qtr lead for first time since 1995 and I believe first double digit 4th qtr lead since 1999 at Oakland.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, nyjunc said:

add another, the last time we blew a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game was 1995 against Indy.  I think we were up 24-3 in that game and Jim Harbaugh led the Colts back. 

Here are a few others that I didn't update yet:

2016 we lost to Indy in the reg season for the first time since 2006

2016 we won in SF for the first time since 1983

2016 were swept by Miami for the first time since 2009

2016 swept Buffalo for the first time since 2011

2016 allowed 40+ points twice in a season for the first time since 1995

2017 lost season opener to Buffalo for first time since 1981

2017 blew 14 pt 4th qtr lead for first time since 1995 and I believe first double digit 4th qtr lead since 1999 at Oakland.

Todd Kotite?

Just now, nyjunc said:

you do realize I mentioned a bunch of positive streaks he broke too, right?  why is it adults on this board just refuse to read? 

It's not that we refuse to read, it's that your content... well, it's really not worth reading.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

It's not that we refuse to read, it's that your content... well, it's really not worth reading.

if I were you and got humiliated every time you tried to debate me then maybe I would try to deflect and distract too?  Nah, I'm an adult who loves a challenge and doesn't run and hide and need to deflect but please continue.  You amuse me.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if I were you and got humiliated every time you tried to debate me then maybe I would try to deflect and distract too?  Nah, I'm an adult who loves a challenge and doesn't run and hide and need to deflect but please continue.  You amuse me.

Humiliated?  Ha.  Junc, the only reason you're not humiliated here on a daily basis is that you're not bright enough to know you're constantly wrong, nor bright enough to to take a second to think, 'if literally everyone on this board disagrees with me, maybe I'm missing something.'  But, yeah, keep patting yourself on the back.  It suits you.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Humiliated?  Ha.  Junc, the only reason you're not humiliated here on a daily basis is that you're not bright enough to know you're constantly wrong, nor bright enough to to take a second to think, 'if literally everyone on this board disagrees with me, maybe I'm missing something.'  But, yeah, keep patting yourself on the back.  It suits you.

Between my marriages I spent 3 years as a colorblind male tring to dress myself. The girls in the office always giggled. I thought it was pronounce bulge . It wasn't.  

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

ha, it's cute that you think if a few posters agree with you it means you are right.  I feel even more sorry for you than I originally did.

If I were you, I'd also be calling essentially all of JetNation "a few posters."

No need to feel sorry for me, I don't feel sorry for you, at all.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

If I were you, I'd also be calling essentially all of JetNation "a few posters."

No need to feel sorry for me, I don't feel sorry for you, at all.

it's a few posters actually but I guess if it makes you feel better top think it's all go ahead.  It's also funny that these few posters always need to resort to personal attacks rather than try to attack my arguments.  I wonder why that is?

Archived