Petty Hurt Still

kevinc855

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryce Petty - QB -  Jets

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jets QB Bryce Petty is still not fully recovered from his preseason shoulder injury.

La Canfora says Petty is "likely at least a few weeks" away from being considered a candidate to start, but if Ryan Fitzpatrick "throws picks, it'll happen." Petty flashed some potential in August before suffering the injury. We would not expect to see Petty until the Jets are eliminated from the playoff race.

Oct 24 - 3:56 PM

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Another thing is :

If Petty is hurt and Geno is headed to IR, who's going to be the backup QB this week ?

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

his name is bilal powell.  

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dont worry, if Fitz goes down, Powell's got this. 

WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT Jeremy KERLEY!!!!!! :D

940x.jpg

If Petty suits up as the backup QB Bowles is just flat out lying about Petty not being ready because of his injury, you don't suit up as the backup either then if that's the case.

If Petty does shame on Bowles for lying so he didn't have to answer the tough question why Petty isn't being considered to start this week.  The backup QB is always 1 play away from possibly having to play.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If Petty suits up as the backup QB Bowles is just flat out lying about Petty not being ready because of his injury, you don't suit up as the backup either then if that's the case.

If Petty does shame on Bowles for lying so he didn't have to answer the tough question why Petty isn't being considered to start this week.  The backup QB is always 1 play away from possibly having to play.

Bowles is a moron I value nothing he says 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So basically we have no backup QB as we speak then? 

Didn't you listen to what fitz said to everyone loud and clear   This is Ryan Fitzpatrick team, nobody else matters.. he doesn't want or need a backup because you are not suppose to pull him even if he is the worst qb in the NFL. If Ryan gets hurt the NFL suspends all games until Ryan is ok to play again..

Regarding why the Petty love, I don't think any rational person expects him to come in and light things up.  4th rounder, no experience, etc.  I think it's just that we know what we have with Fitz, and it ain't very good.  Geno is out.  Hack is apparently not an option.  So Petty is the only one who offers any *hope*.  Not expectations to be great - just a chance that *maybe* he'll be good.

That is a rational line of thought.  It's why I'd like to see him get in there!

Archived