Petty Hurt Still

kevinc855

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems like from the presser that Bryce is still not 100%. This injury obviously was much worse then we were told. Poor kid seems like he may be a fragile one too. Not sure what all the hype is about this 4th rounder so far. Hasn't shown me much.

He got no hype. He just played well in preseason. He's a 4th round pick and not considered to be an elite prospect. And we haven't seen his progress in terms of what the coaches expect out of him. I was hoping to see him play later in the season. So who is the backup on Sunday? 

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Bowles better not be dumb enough to fall for the same old crap as Fitz starts racking up wins vs the worst in the league.  The second Petty or Hack or Powell or (fill in the blank) is ready...  Fitz needs to be back on the bench.

We are going to lose some more games obviously if Ryan Fitzpatrick is our qb.. Once Bowles is forced with reality how terrible his team is and we officially out of playoff contention petty will in there.. I'm sure that will happen soon, even before petty is 100%..

Petty will be fun to watch.. the rest of the team may have nothing to play for,but it's going to mean the world to petty.. If he plays well maybe we going into next yr with him and hackenberg. If he doesn't, maybe we go after romo.. I just hope Mac doesn't go after kaperdick because he will be cheap.. He can go kneel somewhere else..

Just now, Rangers9 said:

He got no hype. He just played well in preseason. He's a 4th round pick and not considered to be an elite prospect. And we haven't seen his progress in terms of what the coaches expect out of him. I was hoping to see him play later in the season. So who is the backup on Sunday? 

I would think Hackenberg, what other choice is there?

Regarding why the Petty love, I don't think any rational person expects him to come in and light things up.  4th rounder, no experience, etc.  I think it's just that we know what we have with Fitz, and it ain't very good.  Geno is out.  Hack is apparently not an option.  So Petty is the only one who offers any *hope*.  Not expectations to be great - just a chance that *maybe* he'll be good.
That is a rational line of thought.  It's why I'd like to see him get in there!

We won't know until he plays
But we know that Fitz & geno not future here. Fitz will play til jets mathematicaly eliminated. With petty its more about being 3rd string he hasn't gotten any reps, he needs few weeks. I do know geno done as a jet, sorry about his injury! Fitz done as jet few weeks unless they go on miracle run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We are going to lose some more games obviously if Ryan Fitzpatrick is our qb.. Once Bowles is forced with reality how terrible his team is and we officially out of playoff contention petty will in there.. I'm sure that will happen soon, even before petty is 100%..

Petty will be fun to watch.. the rest of the team may have nothing to play for,but it's going to mean the world to petty.. If he plays well maybe we going into next yr with him and hackenberg. If he doesn't, maybe we go after romo.. I just hope Mac doesn't go after kaperdick because he will be cheap.. He can go kneel somewhere else..

Best case scenario, Fitz holds the fort for 3 weeks.  Getting wins vs Cleveland, Miami and LA.  Which even with Fitz at QB we should be able to manage.

Then over the bye week, throw Petty into the flames.  No better way than over a bye week and facing NE.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I would think Hackenberg, what other choice is there?

If he's going to be the backup they have to give him some first team reps. The way injuries are going he might end up playing. Also I'd like to see him given only a percentage of the playbook. Nothing complicated just basic plays. A few long passes thrown in because the kid has a big arm. But keep it simple. If he plays give him a chance to be successful. He played well in one exhibition game and looked like he didn't what he was doing in the second game. So just give him what he knows how to do. Even maybe go back to the plays he ran successfully at Penn State. You never know this guy could really surprise us. 

It sounded like after being hurt for 5 games, Petty is ready to start. He has only been practicing fully for a week or two and has been behind Fitz and Geno so he hasn't gotten many reps.  He isn't likely to play well enough to bench Fitz yet. Once he gets the #2 reps for a week or two more, he could be ready.

It doesn't mean that he is hurt. It doesn't mean that if Fitz goes down he won't be better than Hack or Powell. It just means he isn't ready to knock Fitz out of the starting job yet. Him practicing well, and Fitz struggling could change all of that over the next several weeks.

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Best case scenario, Fitz holds the fort for 3 weeks.  Getting wins vs Cleveland, Miami and LA.  Which even with Fitz at QB we should be able to manage.

Then over the bye week, throw Petty into the flames.  No better way than over a bye week and facing NE.

lolz. pipe dream.  you really think  Bowles would be replacing Fitz at 5-5 going into a game against the Pats? If they get to 5-5,  it would probably take losses to the Pats and Indy, putting us to 5-7, before Petty sees the field. That is, if his mysterious shoulder injury is even healed up by then.

I know some of the Fitz haters like Mike (he'll deny it of course esp if Fitz plays well but he likes to take cheap shots esp when a guy is down) want to bury Fitz and won't be satisfied until he's 6 feet under. And who is to say that Geno was going to stay as the starter. We don't know if he could have kept the job. I'm hoping that Fitz puts together good games and turns it around for himself. He did that with Houston two years ago after he was benched there and like now got starts after Mallet was injured and played well.  It's pretty obvious that Fitz needed a wakeup call. He played fair on Sunday good enough to win the game. And didn't do anything too stupid. A little stupid but no picks. His league low stats basically relate to one game, the six pack. He has 11 picks in 7 games and six were in one game. I know you won't buy that. You want blood. And any number you can use to get rid of this guy. 

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Indeed it is. I dont believe Petty is as hurt because reports came out that he practiced last week. WHy would he practice if he wasn't fit?

Maccagnan has overall done a good job.

they said he was not ready. I did not take that to mean "hurt."

34 minutes ago, jack48 said:

they said he was not ready. I did not take that to mean "hurt."

Agree, he is practicing fully. It's more Toilet is too clueless and gutless to put petty in. We are stuck with fitzgarbage until jets are eliminated from the playoffs or the douchebag has another KC BBQ game.

43 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

lolz. pipe dream.  you really think  Bowles would be replacing Fitz at 5-5 going into a game against the Pats? If they get to 5-5,  it would probably take losses to the Pats and Indy, putting us to 5-7, before Petty sees the field. That is, if his mysterious shoulder injury is even healed up by then.

Abso-freakin-lutely!  Basically it should be known by everyone in the Jets organization, Jet fans and most importantly Fitz, that Petty as of now is our starter.  He just needs some more time to heal up and get reps.

Fitz is doing his job and playing backup.  He already makes way too much money so the least he can do is just manage games vs crap teams.  

He can cry to reporters all he wants if it makes him feel special.  I don't care what he says.  No one should.  He phucking sucks, is delusional and ripped us all off.  

In a nutshell...

Play until Petty is ready.  And then be the backup until Hackenberg is ready to take over as backup.  Understand you are no more than a placeholder.  Also feel free to begin searching for a new job now, that you'll need come 2017.  Just don't use us as a reference.

QBs need their shoulders.  They should be very careful with Petty and his injured shoulder.  This season is basically lost, and I don't know given the reps that Petty has lost that he can save it.  I would make sure that he is up to speed and fully, fully healed before he plays. He is more value next season than what he can do now.

based on what I have read today, I think the krackenberg may be named back up this week

as much as I've ripped the kid, nothing would make me happier that for him to move over petty on the depth chart and show some progress

This is way bigger than Todd Bowles and whether Bryce Petty is fully healthy.

End of the day the New York Jets are paying Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million U.S. Dollars to play QB.  Capital doesn't want to pay huge game checks anyone not getting their uniform dirty. Like he's on some sort of vacation?

Yes they benched him once but to do it again for a player who's never started a football game and might still be hurt is not on their list of things to do. Especially after just ya know winning a game. 

Fitz is going to earn that money.  

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

oh and by the way Bryce Petty is probably the only QB on the roster worth a damn.

But if he gets to start at Cleveland, he's ending the day on IR. To paraphrase the internet, Fitz's Magic is actually voodoo. 

Just like this slap dick team to get Petty injured for good by playing him before he is fully healed.  I am all for playing him this season but at least make sure he is 100% re-habed with plenty of practice reps under his belt.  It is not like there is anything on the line.

Not gonna lie, I didn't want to to have to go through every bullsh*t post to see, but what the **** nuts is actually wrong with Petty AND Hackenberg. 

I mean how in Da Fkc have their 3rd and 4th string QBs been hurt all season??

seriously. How the Fkc does that make a bit of sense. 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Bowles would never start Petty first game Sunday night against the Pats.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If Petty suits up as the backup QB Bowles is just flat out lying about Petty not being ready because of his injury, you don't suit up as the backup either then if that's the case.

If Petty does shame on Bowles for lying so he didn't have to answer the tough question why Petty isn't being considered to start this week.  The backup QB is always 1 play away from possibly having to play.

Did Bowles say Petty was still injured or are you a troll? 

Archived