Petty Hurt Still

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

TBH I don't believe Bowles about Petty not being ready.  You think Kessler was ready among others?  Take off the training wheels, and found out what you have, even unprepared he can't be worse then Fitztragic. 

There is something in sports that I call "the law of false belief". Never say "he can't be worse...." Because he can

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Wasn't this already the case?  Fitz being terrible, and turning the ball over?  Amazing how nobody was willing to say Geno deserved amother shot, but now Fitztragic does.

Geno got his shot in a perfect situation for him with 4 winnable games on the the table. Unfortunately for him  He blew his knee up.  End of the geno smith saga in NY.

On to the next chapter.

As much as I'd like to see Petty, the guy hasn't taken a snap in practice in 6 weeks.  And the health of his shoulder is still in question.  I'd like to know, and I'm sure the CS would also,  if the guy can play in the NFL.   Putting a perhaps still injured player in, who has never taken an NFL snap, and hasn't practiced in 6 weeks would be pure stupidity no matter how badly I want to see him.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

There is something in sports that I call "the law of false belief". Never say "he can't be worse...." Because he can

You sure?

"Under pressure this season, Fitzpatrick has completed only 42.6 percent of his passes, for an average of 4.8 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 35.7. To be clear, his passer rating under pressure is worse than if he had just thrown the ball to the turf every snap, and that doesn’t even factor in the yards lost due to sacks."

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Geno got his shot in a perfect situation for him with 4 winnable games on the the table. Unfortunately for him  He blew his knee up, end of the geno smith saga in NY.

On to the next chapter.  As much as I'd like to see Petty, the guy hasn't taken a snap in practice in 6 weeks.  And the health of his shoulder is in question.  I'd like to know, and I'm sure the CS would also,  if the guy can play in the NFL.   Putting a perhaps still injured player in, who has never taken an NFL snap, and hasn't practiced in 6 weeks would be pure stupidity no matter how badly I want to see him.

IF Petty is the backup this week Bowles has been Str8 up lying about anything Petty related.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

You sure?

"Under pressure this season, Fitzpatrick has completed only 42.6 percent of his passes, for an average of 4.8 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 35.7. To be clear, his passer rating under pressure is worse than if he had just thrown the ball to the turf every snap, and that doesn’t even factor in the yards lost due to sacks."

There are numbers lower than 42, right?

Of course I'm sure

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

IF Petty is the backup this week Bowles has been Str8 up lying about anything Petty related.

What a stunner that would be.  A HC not telling the media the truth.

Of course he's been lying.  I just don't see what making Petty a back up convicts him of it though.  

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He started practicing last week. If he's still hurt, why is he practicing?

I wonder if Bowles said what he said to diffuse cries for Petty to start?

That's what I think, and think Bowles is lying.  Also this is Petty's 3rd full week of practice, how many full weeks does one need?  Carson Wentz practiced like 3 times before the season opener.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He started practicing last week. If he's still hurt, why is he practicing?

I wonder if Bowles said what he said to diffuse cries for Petty to start?

The fact that he's practicing doesn't mean his shoulder is 100%, it just means that at this point he shouldn't make it worst by throwing.  

15 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

TBH I don't believe Bowles about Petty not being ready.  

Yeah he's lyng about Bryce Petty just to screw with us. Cause he's a bastard. 

in related news Fitz put a voodoo hex on Geno and Geno's knee isn't actually hurt. It's all a conspiracy designed to fool us, the die hard fans, into buying more Jets merchandise.  

WTF are we talking about?

These conspiracy theories are so friggin dumb 

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah he's lyng about Bryce Petty just to screw with us. Cause he's a bastard. 

in related news Fitz put a voodoo hex on Geno and Geno's knee isn't actually hurt. It's all a conspiracy designed to fool us, the die hard fans, into buying more Jets merchandise.  

WTF are we talking about?

These conspiracy theories are so friggin dumb 

If Petty is the backup Sunday he is ready to play, and that makes Bowles a liar.  Not conspiracy theory.  When he announces Hack as the Backup then I will apologize. 

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If Petty is the backup Sunday he is ready to play, and that makes Bowles a liar.  Not conspiracy theory.  When he announces Hack as the Backup then I will apologize. 

they still don't know who the backup will be. The fact that this is even a contest, Petty who has way more experience than Hack means he's still rehabbing

besides even if Petty is healthy he's never thrown a regular season pass. Being "ready" doesn't just mean if his shoulder is healed. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/10/christian_hackenberg_bryce_petty_todd_bowles_not_n.html

If Petty is still hurt, Hack will suit up as backup. I don't understand what all the controversy is. You think Bowles (or anyone else in the Jets organization) WANTS Petty to stay on the bench if Fitz is hurt or has another 6 INT game??? With Geno out for the season, Bryce is the backup and Hack is the 3rd stringer. So again, if this week Petty is still hurt, Hack will be the backup and Powell will be emergency QB. Simple stuff people. :rolleyes:

Win-Win for everyone here to be honest.  2 really solid and likely scenarios:

• With Petty inactive again, Fitz and the team blow the doors off of Cleveland, Petty rests up for his inevitable debut, Hack gets some mop up reps.

• Petty inactive, Fitz blows cawk, Hack has a good chance to come in and get some meaningful snaps against an exploitable defense.  Gonna take a guess and say Ryan is on a very short leash right now. Might not take much.

Also doesn't sound like Petty is really hurt, per say. Sounds like he's still getting his arm back to full strength after not throwing for an extended period and the coaches/F.O. want a fully rehabbed player to evaluate.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

• Petty inactive, Fitz blows cawk, Hack has a good chance to come in and get some meaningful snaps against an exploitable defense.  Gonna take a guess and say Ryan is on a very short leash right now. Might not take much.

If Fitz gets pulled for Hackenberg against the Browns, the press conference afterwards will be one for the ages.  I'm almost hoping this happens. 

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

If Fitz gets pulled for Hackenberg against the Browns, the press conference afterwards will be one for the ages.  I'm almost hoping this happens. 

I'm hoping no matter who the backup QB is that Fitztragic gets 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which gets him thrown out of the game.

8 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I think that it would basically end Ryan's career.  Even if you're someone like me, who believes in Hack, if the coaches decide to abandon the redshirt plan, than Fitz is all but done in the NFL.  

No amount of self belief could save him.

18 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

No way that happens. Hack is FAR from ready to play. I would have never drafted a player that needed so much work to get ready to play a game he has played since he was a child. Petty is a few weeks away, so right now it is Fitz and Bilal Powell.

Hack is literally in the same position Petty was last year and now the majority of us are clamoring for Petty to get a shot. You can't have it both ways. The true indication of Hacks progression will be next training camp, Just like it was for Petty. 

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just remember it was impatient and brainwashed Jets fans suckling at the teet of Rex Ryan who forced Mark Sanchez out of New York and set into motion the very clusterf-ck that upsets you this morning. 

Hope you're all happy. 

SAR I

Yeah what were we thinking. We could've secured a guy who is backing up a mid round rookie right now. Damn! We really missed the boat with that. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Jesus. He said Petty isn't ready to play bc he hasn't gotten reps in practice not bc of injury.  So him being a backup means nothing. And although Hack has been healthy he has gotten zero reps in practice running the Jets offense. So you would keep Petty as the backup bc he has a much better understanding of the offense then Hack and they've both gotten the same amount of reps which is zero. So he isn't ready to start but in an emergency I'm sure they'll have a limited amount of plays that Petty would feel comfortable with. I can't say the same for Hack. If you don't like Bowles that's fine, but don't create your own narrative to further your agenda. 

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Jesus. He said Petty isn't ready to play bc he hasn't gotten reps in practice not bc of injury.  So him being a backup means nothing. And although Hack has been healthy he has gotten zero reps in practice running the Jets offense. So you would keep Petty as the backup bc he has a much better understanding of the offense then Hack and they've both gotten the same amount of reps which is zero. So he isn't ready to start but in an emergency I'm sure they'll have a limited amount of plays that Petty would feel comfortable with. I can't say the same for Hack. If you don't like Bowles that's fine, but don't create your own narrative to further your agenda. 

But Hogan, and Kessler are ready to play, Wentz after missing all of preseason with broken ribs, T Semian was drafted 3 rounds after Petty last year and he is ready to start.  I'm so sick of this nonsense from this regime that guys aren't ready to play, draft better, coach better.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just remember it was impatient and brainwashed Jets fans suckling at the teet of Rex Ryan who forced Mark Sanchez out of New York and set into motion the very clusterf-ck that upsets you this morning. 

Hope you're all happy. 

SAR I

How did you possibly resist writing "feet" instead of "teet" ?????  

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Why shouldn't he create his own narrative, half the board does!!! :)

If Petty is the backup this week, that only means that in an injury situation he's the best we got to go with in this situation...better than Hack even though perhaps not at 100% and better than Powell.

Why does some ulterior motive have to be involved ? Maybe he's just OK/healthy enough to back up but not optimal to start the game?

Geez

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You sure?

One of the reasons for the bad stats is that's what happens when your team is always 14 points behind and key turnovers like the Jalen Marshall fumble which to me was the biggest negative play of the season. The other reason is that he sucked. But he didn't suck last Sunday. He brought us from behind to win a game. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

One of the reasons for the bad stats is that's what happens when your team is always 14 points behind and key turnovers like the Jalen Marshall fumble which to me was the biggest negative play of the season. The other reason is that he sucked. But he didn't suck last Sunday. He brought us from behind to win a game. 

Stop making excuses for your conquering zero.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

But Hogan, and Kessler are ready to play, Wentz after missing all of preseason with broken ribs, T Semian was drafted 3 rounds after Petty last year and he is ready to start.  I'm so sick of this nonsense from this regime that guys aren't ready to play, draft better, coach better.

You are absolutely clueless. Petty isn't ready to play bc he missed time with the injury. Had he not gotten injured he'd be all set to go and probably would have been the backup going into the season and Geno would've been traded or released.  How can you not comprehend that? It's like talking to a wall except the wall doesn't say dumb sh*t back to you. 

10 hours ago, choon328 said:

You are absolutely clueless. Petty isn't ready to play bc he missed time with the injury. Had he not gotten injured he'd be all set to go and probably would have been the backup going into the season and Geno would've been traded or released.  How can you not comprehend that? It's like talking to a wall except the wall doesn't say dumb sh*t back to you. 

He has been practicing fully for 3 weeks now, Wentz played week 1 with like 3 days of practice, what am I not comprehending?  Our coaches, and management are scared to let their picks fail, and then looking bad IMO, meanwhile playing Fitz makes them look worse.

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

14?  We were ahead at the half vs Cincy.  We were down 14 vs KC, nice that you point out Marshalls fumble but leave out Fitzs mid field fumble.  Still 2 scores shouldn't cause TO's with a half to play.  Seattle was 14-10 at the half.  Pitt was 14-13.  AZ was a bad game, still where are we always down 14?

Archived