Petty Hurt Still

kevinc855

9 minutes ago, ljr said:

Having brought Hoyer in to start would have been a legitimate alternative ... I'd have disagreed with it ... But if you had been as anti-Fitz as you say & think Hoyer was better then that may have been the best alternate scenario.

Geno would not have been any competition ... And it would be hard to imagine Petty would have shown enough yet to start over the vet week 1 ... So I can't imagine there would have been any battle in TC.

Funny, analysts like Westhoff and the NFLN crew have been adamantly claiming Geno was much better than Fitz in camp.  Weshoff laughed off Fitz and claims it would easy for him to defend Fitz.  But somehow this, and Geno looking much better than Fitz last week leads you to still insist that there wouldn't have been a competition.   Sure, guess they're geno's myheros too.  After all the hot air and neg reps to anyone who wanted to see a fair competition you would think after what has transpired you would stop. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, analysts like Westhoff and the NFLN crew have been adamantly claiming Geno was much better than Fitz in camp.  Weshoff laughed off Fitz and claims it would easy for him to defend Fitz.  But somehow this, and Geno looking much better than Fitz last week leads you to still insist that there wouldn't have been a competition.   Sure, guess they're geno's myheros too.  After all the hot air and neg reps to anyone who wanted to see a fair competition you would think after what has transpired you would stop. 

He called the $h*t - p**p !

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah Geno was awesome. He would be a decent QB if he had an ounce of composure in the pocket. He takes way too many awkward hits getting himself knocked out at least briefly  his last two games and many others. He takes 15 yard sacks, throws the ball while getting hit, and at least 30% of his throws are indecisive. 

I mean if he just decides to run or throw he wins that game and he's getting ready for the Browns. This injury was not a freak occurrence. He takes awkward hits like that multiple times per game. Reminds me a lot of butt fumble. At least he didn't fumble Sunday but both sacks were on him, as was the injury. 

Having brought Hoyer in to start would have been a legitimate alternative ... I'd have disagreed with it ... But if you had been as anti-Fitz as you say & think Hoyer was better then that may have been the best alternate scenario.
Geno would not have been any competition ... And it would be hard to imagine Petty would have shown enough yet to start over the vet week 1 ... So I can't imagine there would have been any battle in TC.

Let's be clear, Geno sucks. We all know that. But the "battle" between Hoyer and Petty would have at least occurred. Judging by your posts I can see you despise Geno and that's absolutely fair. I despise Fitz just the same. But if we're being completely objective and just looking at each QB individually in the absence of any of their history, Geno would very likely beat them all in a QB competition in camp. He would beat Hoyer and he would beat Fitz. He might not beat Petty, who knows maybe Petty would have shined in a QB competition. But Fitz and Hoyer would not beat him out if you're being objective. Geno sucks, but Hoyer and Fitz also suck and are waaay behind Geno in the physical, tangible skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Let's be clear, Geno sucks. We all know that. But the "battle" between Hoyer and Petty would have at least occurred. Judging by your posts I can see you despise Geno and that's absolutely fair. I despise Fitz just the same. But if we're being completely objective and just looking at each QB individually in the absence of any of their history, Geno would very likely beat them all in a QB competition in camp. He would beat Hoyer and he would beat Fitz. He might not beat Petty, who knows maybe Petty would have shined in a QB competition. But Fitz and Hoyer would not beat him out if you're being objective. Geno sucks, but Hoyer and Fitz also suck and are waaay behind Geno in the physical, tangible skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, will agree to disagree wth you in the order of $uck that they would  have ended up in ... With Petty being a wildcard.

please God let him shine when he gets his chance 

Archived