stuck with another gm that cant draft

kmnj

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What a short sighted and ignorant thread.

Williams is a beast. Lee looked good before getting hurt. Anderson/Peake look like diamonds in the rough. Jenkins looks like a starting LBer. Burris looks like a player that can start in the NFL. Devin Smith played a couple of games, didn't look great  then got hurt. 

Only a fool would bash Mac's drafting at this point unless you want to label Hack and Petty busts before they ever plays a down in the NFL. 

this +1

I absolutely refuse to believe Hack is no good and Petty is no good, and both are busts that cannot play. Since we have yet to see them step on a football field, nobody, and I mean nobody here has the first clue if they can or cannot play so whomever keeps saying they are busts looks foolish and short sighted. To me, if you call either of these QB's a bust at this point, you are actually rooting for your team to fail which makes even less sense. Both guys may well be busts, then again, they may both turn out to be good/ great, or a combination thereof, the point is, we have no idea as of this moment.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Devin may still turn out good.  Just depends how fast we can get Fitz out of here.

I understand drafting the best available, but some common sense is needed as well.  You can't take a guy like Devin when your starting QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Makes zero sense.  Devin should break Fitz's jaw.  Even if he's suspended and locked up for a year, it would probably be better for his career.

To be fair to Macc, no one was expecting fairy arm to start a game last year, let alone all 16.  If I remember correctly, Devin was actually having an awesome camp when he was getting reps with Geno/any QB with an arm.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair to Macc, no one was expecting fairy arm to start a game last year, let alone all 16.  If I remember correctly, Devin was actually having an awesome camp when he was getting reps with Geno/any QB with an arm.

Petty can get it to him deep

15 hours ago, kmnj said:

for the love of god we need to hire a gm that actually can draft players
- year in and year out have terrible drafts-each year we are lucky if one guy that is drafted has any impact-this year more of the same-please spare me the it is way too early to judge bs-it is not too early at all-it is very clear we struck  out again with this draft-now you want to say hey our garbage project from PSU may pan out and then this draft grades out differently -you have not watched him play the past two years-he is our next second round qb bust and is the next browning nagle for us

our gm  is decent at picking up proven Free agents that is it.

Woody needs to hire a proven gm with a track record of drafting quality players-pay him what ever it is he wants

the reason we are not a good team is our players are not good and we over value our first round picks-our defense sucks and is loaded with top picks

Totally agree. Mac screwed up in his 2 drafts. Drafted yet another DL in a Williams when we were already set there instead of drafting Gurley. Takes a one dimensional wr in Smith in round 2. Following year his 1 and 2 are a smurf at LB and Hackasack when it was clearly evident he had fallen way down in everyone's draft board.  We're not even talking about the other picks which haven't panned out well either.  2015 was pure luck realized by Fitzmagick.  2016 is what 2015 would have actually looked like had Geno been the starter.  This year is really a reflection of this GM, an unbalanced, low level talented team with poor depth. Big misses by Big Mac. 

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No he turned up late, and broke his rib. He cost us the Bills game with that fooking fumble kick return he should have knelt on. 

Guy looks Sh&t, I'm happier with Peake, Anderson, and J Marsh.

20 hours ago, kmnj said:

why wait-the past five years it was VERY clear our drafts sucked-this year is not different-lee is getting beat like he stole something out there giving up multiple tds

the rest are hot garbage as well but hey lets wait like we did with our last gm-it worked out SO GREAT

Mac and Bowles have been here five years? I must have missed something.

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What a short sighted and ignorant thread.

Williams is a beast. Lee looked good before getting hurt. Anderson/Peake look like diamonds in the rough. Jenkins looks like a starting LBer. Burris looks like a player that can start in the NFL. Devin Smith played a couple of games, didn't look great  then got hurt. 

Only a fool would bash Mac's drafting at this point unless you want to label Hack and Petty busts before they ever plays a down in the NFL. 

Im not sure im as excited as you but we are on the same page. MAC, IMO,  has the right resume. Literally started at the bottom in the player personnel side.    That said...  our 2006 2007 drafts under Mangini were our best by far.  I see no evidence that Tannenbaum had that skill....  thus im left to think Mangini was a good talent evaluator.

for the love of god we need to hire a gm that actually can draft players
- year in and year out have terrible drafts-each year we are lucky if one guy that is drafted has any impact-this year more of the same-please spare me the it is way too early to judge bs-it is not too early at all-it is very clear we struck  out again with this draft-now you want to say hey our garbage project from PSU may pan out and then this draft grades out differently -you have not watched him play the past two years-he is our next second round qb bust and is the next browning nagle for us
our gm  is decent at picking up proven Free agents that is it.
Woody needs to hire a proven gm with a track record of drafting quality players-pay him what ever it is he wants
the reason we are not a good team is our players are not good and we over value our first round picks-our defense sucks and is loaded with top picks

This can't be a serious post. Can it?

22 hours ago, kmnj said:

why wait-the past five years it was VERY clear our drafts sucked-this year is not different-lee is getting beat like he stole something out there giving up multiple tds

the rest are hot garbage as well but hey lets wait like we did with our last gm-it worked out SO GREAT

....Did you watch lee play. I hated the pick with a passion but the kid is good. He has to work on a few things like any rookie but his coverage is tight and he can get to the QB. Lee is the type of player we have not had in a long time. Hackenberg we have not seen yet he might end up being trash or he might end up being the future of our franchise who the hell knows. Our team is significantly better than it was two years ago both with young and old players we really should not be complaining about Mac he is by far the best GM we have had in a long long time now.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No he turned up late, and broke his rib. He cost us the Bills game with that fooking fumble kick return he should have knelt on. 

Guy looks Sh&t, I'm happier with Peake, Anderson, and J Marsh.

In the three games he has been healthy enough to play so far? You have no reason to be unhappy with Peake and Anderson. As for Marshal....you complain about devin smiths fumble that unfortunately was returned for a TD how can you be happy with J Marsh but unhappy with D. Smith J Marsh has had worse luck holding onto the ball this season. I am not saying that smith is going to end up being a good reciever or that any of our young guys are bad they are all young with room to improve and I would want to see more from all of them before i pass judgment.

21 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Devin may still turn out good.  Just depends how fast we can get Fitz out of here.

I understand drafting the best available, but some common sense is needed as well.  You can't take a guy like Devin when your starting QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Makes zero sense.  Devin should break Fitz's jaw.  Even if he's suspended and locked up for a year, it would probably be better for his career.

Huh?  They drafted Devin Smith before Fitzpatrick was even on the team.

6 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Huh?  They drafted Devin Smith before Fitzpatrick was even on the team.

Ok then you don't play a QB like Fitz an entire season, re-sign him for the most the team has ever paid for a QB, and then play him again the whole next season, when guys like Devin and the other quick WRs are dependent on at least decent QB play.

The Ryan Fitzpatrick effect is horrific.  Ruined cap, seasons, and potentially player careers.

Every day he has been and continues to be our starter, he hurts this organization.

Yes Fitz, we have lost faith in you.  Ya whiny little b!tch.  Go cry about about it to reporters all ya like.  So long as you stop playing soon.

interesting tidbit from a dak article.  someone is missing from the list, lol

Farther down, on one side of the card, a box with six grades in small print: one assigned by the scouting director, two by scouts, one by the head coach, one by the offensive coordinator and one by the quarterbacks coach.

On the other side of the card, his height ("6022", or 6'2 2/10"), weight ("226" pounds), 40-yard dash speed ("4.74" seconds), arm length ("32 ¼") and hand size ("10").

In large type next to the name: "1.44."

That was the team grade for the player, and it was the reason the card was placed in the middle of the fourth round.

Four quarterbacks' cards on the board had higher grades: those belonging to Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook.

During the draft, the Cowboys would try to trade down in the first round to acquire Lynch. When that didn't work, they would plan to take Cook with their fourth-round pick only to have the Raiders trade up in the round and steal him.

58 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

In the three games he has been healthy enough to play so far? You have no reason to be unhappy with Peake and Anderson. As for Marshal....you complain about devin smiths fumble that unfortunately was returned for a TD how can you be happy with J Marsh but unhappy with D. Smith J Marsh has had worse luck holding onto the ball this season. I am not saying that smith is going to end up being a good reciever or that any of our young guys are bad they are all young with room to improve and I would want to see more from all of them before i pass judgment.

Because we spunked a 2nd on Smith, and J Marsh was a UDFA

4 hours ago, Larz said:

interesting tidbit from a dak article.  someone is missing from the list, lol

Farther down, on one side of the card, a box with six grades in small print: one assigned by the scouting director, two by scouts, one by the head coach, one by the offensive coordinator and one by the quarterbacks coach.

On the other side of the card, his height ("6022", or 6'2 2/10"), weight ("226" pounds), 40-yard dash speed ("4.74" seconds), arm length ("32 ¼") and hand size ("10").

In large type next to the name: "1.44."

That was the team grade for the player, and it was the reason the card was placed in the middle of the fourth round.

Four quarterbacks' cards on the board had higher grades: those belonging to Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook.

During the draft, the Cowboys would try to trade down in the first round to acquire Lynch. When that didn't work, they would plan to take Cook with their fourth-round pick only to have the Raiders trade up in the round and steal him.

Stop being mean

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Ok then you don't play a QB like Fitz an entire season, re-sign him for the most the team has ever paid for a QB, and then play him again the whole next season, when guys like Devin and the other quick WRs are dependent on at least decent QB play.

The Ryan Fitzpatrick effect is horrific.  Ruined cap, seasons, and potentially player careers.

Every day he has been and continues to be our starter, he hurts this organization.

Yes Fitz, we have lost faith in you.  Ya whiny little b!tch.  Go cry about about it to reporters all ya like.  So long as you stop playing soon.

So where were you when we (Fitz) won 10 games last year?  Bitchin like a whiny bitch?  Unreal how so many of you cant give any credit when its due but are so easy to point fingers when things don't fall in place and lay ALL the blame on one person.  This site is getting more and more like Jets Generation Pre Kindergarten.   

On 10/28/2016 at 11:17 AM, kmnj said:

And this GM wasn't around the last 5 years. 

Lee was getting beat?  Oh, shlt another troll shows up 

Archived