More fans arrested at Jets and Giants games than almost any other stadium in the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:33 PM, SAR I said:

Fireman Ed is the mascot of the very types of belligerents we are forcing out of the stadium either due to age or lack of funds.

SAR I

Yeah the guy Fireman Ed used to hold him up had the foulest mouth of anyone.  Ed was pretty bad, too.

48 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

"PSLs=INVESTMENT GOLD. SAR I"

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

Back in 2008 when I said that I always said it with this condition:  "As long as you choose the proper location".

I chose the proper location.  First row, visitors side, shade, closest to the train, parking pass.  I do very well on StubHub for games I can't go to, if I ever chose to sell my PSL's they certainly are worth more than $4,000 each to the right buyer.

So they are investment gold for me.

SAR I

On October 29, 2016 at 8:09 PM, SAR I said:

True, but I feel that the story of the struggle of the New York Jets waitlister needs to be told. 

It gets swept under the rug in these parts because those Giants Stadium fans with the great seats ran a scam with ticket brokers to profit on the waitlisters backs, they were responsible for abusing thousands of Jets fans, they know it, they never owned it, they never apologized.

SAR I

Don't forget the GIANTS fans that had good seats at Jets games because they couldn't get them to watch the Giants. So you had great seats horded by Giants fan families, who sold a few games each year to cover their yearly cost of the tickets so they could be big Kahunas giving away a game here & there like they owned the f*cking place. I completely agree with you that the Jets realized how unfair this was & cleaned out the inheriters in one fell swoop with PSLs. 

Like you said, the people with the best seats that were handed down to family members for years never paid a dime to see the Jets. They should have been kissing the Jets brass azzes for offering up the best non PSL seats to based on how long they've had them. It wasn't like they were such GREAT FAN FAMILIES they just lucked into having the seats handed down to them. 

Nothing wrong with tickets between the 20s one level up.

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Don't forget the GIANTS fans that had good seats at Jets games because they couldn't get them to watch the Giants. So you had great seats horded by Giants fan families, who sold a few games each year to cover their yearly cost of the tickets so they could be big Kahunas giving away a game here & there like they owned the f*cking place. I completely agree with you that the Jets realized how unfair this was & cleaned out the inheriters in one fell swoop with PSLs. 

Like you said, the people with the best seats that were handed down to family members for years never paid a dime to see the Jets. They should have been kissing the Jets brass azzes for offering up the best non PSL seats to based on how long they've had them. It wasn't like they were such GREAT FAN FAMILIES they just lucked into having the seats handed down to them. 

I love you.

SAR I

It take real special type of person to be arrested at a Jets football game. I am so glad I left Manhattan for the quiet area of Cape Cod. I guess the fans behavior reflect the success of the Jets franchise.

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is 100% correct.  It's something that SAR has posted numerous times only to get unfairly lambasted by the bitter SOJFs around these parts.  Both you and SAR understand the reality of what happened.  Also, not only did PSLs usher the Giants fan seat-horders out the door, but so were most scalpers.  Scalpers had flooded the old waiting list and the Jets realized that allowing them to remain on the list was a horrible idea.  So a few years before the new stadium came around, they imposed a one-time $50 fee to remain on the wait list.  This removed some, but not nearly all of scalpers and non-serious "fans" who had been on the wait list for years, not caring if their name was ever called.  PSLs did the rest.  Too bad the Jets made them way too expensive.  You can blame the Giants for that.  Jets were forced to keep their PSL pricing somewhat in line with the Giants (that's why endzone lowers were originally overpriced at $5,000 only to be later reduced to $2,500 and $4,000 depending on the section).  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is 100% correct.  It's something that SAR has posted numerous times only to get unfairly lambasted by the bitter SOJFs around these parts.  Both you and SAR understand the reality of what happened.  Also, not only did PSLs usher the Giants fan seat-horders out the door, but so were most scalpers.  Scalpers had flooded the old waiting list and the Jets realized that allowing them to remain on the list was a horrible idea.  So a few years before the new stadium came around, they imposed a one-time $50 fee to remain on the wait list.  This removed some, but not nearly all of scalpers and non-serious "fans" who had been on the wait list for years, not caring if their name was ever called.  PSLs did the rest.  Too bad the Jets made them way too expensive.  You can blame the Giants for that.  Jets were forced to keep their PSL pricing somewhat in line with the Giants (that's why endzone lowers were originally overpriced at $5,000 only to be later reduced to $2,500 and $4,000 depending on the section).  

The Giants have had success in the last 47 years the Jets haven't no way should ticket prices be anywhere near in line with the two teams. 

If Woody Johnson wants my money he needs to earn it. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I love you.

SAR I

The PSL arguments always make me laugh. It cost a lot of dough to go to sporting events. I could afford seats if I wanted them but I'm sure as hell not driving like you use to from NH. I remember you said you lived in Bedford, I lived in Auburn. 

Anyone that doubts your love for the Jets driving from up here to Jersey as many times as you did have no f*cking clue. The people who argue with you don't have 1/10th of the dedication you have. I don't agree with everything you have to say on this board, but that's why it's a discussion board. No way would I ever question your fandom.

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg
Back in 2008 when I said that I always said it with this condition:  "As long as you choose the proper location".
I chose the proper location.  First row, visitors side, shade, closest to the train, parking pass.  I do very well on StubHub for games I can't go to, if I ever chose to sell my PSL's they certainly are worth more than $4,000 each to the right buyer.
So they are investment gold for me.
SAR I

If you get $4000 for ALL 4 of them you will be remarkably lucky.

You got Madoffed

49 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

If you get $4000 for ALL 4 of them you will be remarkably lucky.

You got Madoffed

I'm never selling them so it's a moot point.

You don't have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Giants have had success in the last 47 years the Jets haven't no way should ticket prices be anywhere near in line with the two teams. 

If Woody Johnson wants my money he needs to earn it. 

Considering we have a 95% attendance level and lead the AFC in attendance even in down years, I'd say Woody did okay.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The PSL arguments always make me laugh. It cost a lot of dough to go to sporting events. I could afford seats if I wanted them but I'm sure as hell not driving like you use to from NH. I remember you said you lived in Bedford, I lived in Auburn. 

Anyone that doubts your love for the Jets driving from up here to Jersey as many times as you did have no f*cking clue. The people who argue with you don't have 1/10th of the dedication you have. I don't agree with everything you have to say on this board, but that's why it's a discussion board. No way would I ever question your fandom.

Thank you for the kind words.

The one thing I've never gotten about Jets discussion forums is this animosity that old season ticket holders have against the new generation.  I don't get why they don't like us in the first place, I don't get why it's somehow acceptable for them to call us fools for our interest in the team and why we're always on the defensive.  And it's not a rich-man-poor-man thing either, though they are always trying to play the victim.  PSL's were a $7 price increase for most, $13 for some.  In the context of spending $5,000 a year on season tickets, another $7 here or there is chump change.  They resent our dedication.  They feel guilty for quitting.  They should keep quiet.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is that your landscaping truck in the far distance :lol:.

Cute, but my point is that there are nicer neighborhoods in New Jersey than there are on Long Island, and certainly New Jersey upscale communities are on par with Westchester and Connecticut from a standpoint of rolling hills, tree lined streets, charming villages, great schools, etc.

Twas a time in my life where all I knew about New Jersey was the drive from Manhattan to the Meadowlands, of course it looks ugly on Route 3 and the Turnpike.  But drive a mile west of that, you're into some of the finest real estate in the country.  I'm a 20 minute drive to Manhattan and you'd think I still live in New Hampshire.  Bergen County is gorgeous.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Considering we have a 95% attendance level and lead the AFC in attendance even in down years, I'd say Woody did okay.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

SAR I

95%?  Are you sure about that. 

There a lot of unsold PSL's and UD seats for every game 

My daughters sorority was given like 40 tickets in the mezzanine against the Ravens. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

95%?  Are you sure about that. 

There a lot of unsold PSL's and UD seats for every game 

My daughters sorority was given like 40 tickets in the mezzanine against the Ravens. 

Understand that 5% of 82,500 seats is 4,100 seats.  That's a lot of seats if you think about it, MSG only holds 18,000 for hockey, that would be an arena 25% empty, just awful.

But this is where your mind gets carried away with you and you see what you want to see.  You see all those empty Coaches Club seats on TV and you think the section is deserted when the fans are just enjoying a meal or standing behind the bench as is their right.  You see all those scattered 4,100 seats, mostly in the endzones, and you think the fans are dispassionate and don't care.

And that's where you are wrong.  The Jets and Giants just built a really big stadium, that's all.  They built a place they can grow in, a fully enclosed design in an era of open-ended stadiums.  Stop looking at the empty seats and start looking at the full ones.  If you did, you'd see that at 78,160 sold and occupied seats your New York Jets put more fans into the building than Giants Stadium and that we proudly have the most fans in the AFC on any given Sunday.  Broncos?  We have more.  Patriots?  We have more.  Chiefs?  We have more.  Wait, wait, wait....the Seahawks?  Seattle?  The 12th Man?  We draw 10,000 more fans per game than they do.

Stop looking down on season ticket holders.  We don't deserve your disdain; we deserve your respect.  Of all the elements that go into an NFL franchise, from players to coaches to facilities to Ws and Ls, we're the one aspect that is world-class and a point of great pride to those not too blind to see it.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Cute, but my point is that there are nicer neighborhoods in New Jersey than there are on Long Island, and certainly New Jersey upscale communities are on par with Westchester and Connecticut from a standpoint of rolling hills, tree lined streets, charming villages, great schools, etc.

Twas a time in my life where all I knew about New Jersey was the drive from Manhattan to the Meadowlands, of course it looks ugly on Route 3 and the Turnpike.  But drive a mile west of that, you're into some of the finest real estate in the country.  I'm a 20 minute drive to Manhattan and you'd think I still live in New Hampshire.  Bergen County is gorgeous.

SAR I

I live in Bergen County as well, and there are some really nice areas. Never understood the hate for NJ.

I just had to weigh in on this one. In my youth I was a guard at Yankee home games. Yes I was one of Steinbrenner's Goons. Being a Metfan I have to tell you the pleasure I got from throwing skankee fans out while showing them my Met t-shirt under my uniform was immeasurable. I loved pummeling Skankee fan's because they were self-righteous pompous jerk-offs. They would say things like "Its okay I'm a season ticker holder". I would say"that don't mean sh*t". Point being that someone who brags about being a season ticket holder is usually part of the problem. Just because you buy a ticket or have a PSL doesn't make you a better fan just one who can afford it. Bragging about it makes you suspect in the first place. Now don't get me wrong I'm not questioning anyone's fandom just saying in my experience season ticket holders think they are entitled to more than just admission and the truth is they are not.

I have been on both sides of the coin in this. I never had to buy a PSL because I moved away and my brother could not afford them and had to give up season tickets that went back to my Grandfather and Shea Stadium. I could afford to buy the PSL but I live too far away. Besides I can travel and see the Jets play on the road or just watch them on Sunday Ticket. If they keep stinking up the joint I might even stop that. Who am I kidding? I couldn't give up watching this team anymore than I could give up breathing. Curse of the the Jet Fan I guess.

Too many one game a year idiots and out of town fans.  Those two go beyond overboard with the booze in the lot beforehand and keep knocking them back thru the 3rd quarter.  Didn't have that as much under the old model.  I don't get involved, but I enjoy watching these mini brawls break out when we're having a year like this.  all balances out.

17 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I live in Bergen County as well, and there are some really nice areas. Never understood the hate for NJ.

Most people don't visit New Jersey, they just pass through. We have some of the ugliest highways in the country, weaving through industrial zones and over developed commercial zones, skews the perception.  

Born and raised on Long Island, lived in Manhattan for 10 years, moved to New Hampshire for 14 years.  When we relocated from New England 7 years ago, we never even considered New Jersey. We looked at Connecticut, Westchester, Long Island, anywhere but New Jersey.  Finally took a look at Bergen County when these other locales were disappointing, couldn't believe how beautiful it is here.

SAR I

6 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

If being close to the train is a prerequisite for buying seats , DON'T COME AT ALL . STAY HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not take the train.  My comment was that when I need to sell some seats on Stubhub I was smart enough to get first row, visitors side, shady side, and near the train station as those things are important to tourists in Manhattan wanting to attend a game.  This is part of the reason why my seats are investment gold.  Not all are.

SAR I

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just because you buy a ticket or have a PSL doesn't make you a better fan just one who can afford it.

Sure it does.  You're kidding, right?

The average season ticket holder with 4 seats and $125 gameday price is spending $5,000 a year going to games.  That's a ridiculous financial commitment, you can't compare it to someone in mom's basement with a bag of stale pretzels.  But more than the money is the investment in time.  Off to the stadium at 10AM, arrive home at 5PM, that's 7 hours away from family, that's a full workday.  Cannot compare that to someone who rolls out of bed in pajamas at 1:00 and shuts off the TV at 4:00.  Completely different levels of dedication.

The 82,500 fans who show up each Sunday, and more importantly the 16,000 diehards who wrote PSL checks, are supreme fans, they are head and shoulders more engaged and loyal to the team than the rest of you ball scratchers.  "Look at me, I'm a big fan too".  Yeah, show up and then you can talk.  Tickets have never been more affordable.  If you wanted to attend all 8 home games you could get a seat for each game for less than $70, it's never been cheaper.  It's all about effort.  And that's what separates the loyal fan from the casual fan.

SAR I

3 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Cmon man...Mr fake rich guy has crappy peasant second deck seats in the corner of the EZ. He needs to come up with desperate reasons to boost his fictitious self worth like shady side and near the train station.

Did you really need to create two fake JN accounts to bait me?  I'm flattered.

And why is it that when someone comes in telling us how poor they are they are taken at their word and when someone comes in telling you how rich they are, oh, they are liars, they are fictitious, they have low self-worth?  Join us in the real world, please.  Rich people are all around you.  And they are good people.  They are just better than you.

SAR I

Archived