Do we really want Bowles choosing our back up QB ?

Riggins

With Todd Bowles choosing our back up QB, and all our offensive starters,

it seems the NY Jets have a bit of a problem here, it simply  is not working out,

Chan Gailey has proven his best days are long gone by his lack of ability to make any

half time adjustments, not to mention the Bowles / Gailey offense is well below average

in the area of play calling.  Nice job with Forte up the middle for no gain on 1st and 2nd

down before the 3rd down play Geno was injured on.  Great to see Sheldon play DE

though, that was a real treat, seeing the best DE in football actually play the position

he;s good at, what a brilliant move by Bowles, I wouldn't have thought of it myself,

but that is why Todd Bowles in a head coach in NFL , Sheldon was also very

effective in the goal line offense, 100 % success rate.  He's one of the best players

in the NFL, when he's not playing linebacker.

I don't believe anything the guy says anymore.  he probably went with whoever woody told him to pick or something equally stupid, its just so sad they have had these guys for months and don't know who they like better, they had to have a moronic mini competition

5 hours ago, Riggins said:

With Todd Bowles choosing our back up QB, and all our offensive starters,

it seems the NY Jets have a bit of a problem here, it simply  is not working out,

Chan Gailey has proven his best days are long gone by his lack of ability to make any

half time adjustments, not to mention the Bowles / Gailey offense is well below average

in the area of play calling.  Nice job with Forte up the middle for no gain on 1st and 2nd

down before the 3rd down play Geno was injured on.  Great to see Sheldon play DE

though, that was a real treat, seeing the best DE in football actually play the position

he;s good at, what a brilliant move by Bowles, I wouldn't have thought of it myself,

but that is why Todd Bowles in a head coach in NFL , Sheldon was also very

effective in the goal line offense, 100 % success rate.  He's one of the best players

in the NFL, when he's not playing linebacker.

Did you ever think that he is restricted by his QB... they seem to have lost faith in him even though he is starting this week. 

I have been highly critical of the Hackenberg pick.  Not only because I thought it was way too early, but also because I felt he was destined for failure. 

As of yesterday, something else crept into my mind.  A word and concept I am not fond of.  "Hope."  Hope is believing in something in the absence of logic.  Maybe this kid that most think will fail, including myself, is the answer to the Jets decades long void at QB.  As SAR I pointed out, in true Jets fashion, it would be a kid that few expect to succeed that will finally be the guy. 

What's the big secret about who the backup Qb is going to be anyways. It doesn't affect the game unless the guy plays and the assumption is he won't. Why not just announce it. It's about 11 am on Gameday and still no announcement that I could find. No info from Cimini and Mehta who are totally out of the loop. Which is a good thing. 

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I have been highly critical of the Hackenberg pick.  Not only because I thought it was way too early, but also because I felt he was destined for failure. 

As of yesterday, something else crept into my mind.  A word and concept I am not fond of.  "Hope."  Hope is believing in something in the absence of logic.  Maybe this kid that most think will fail, including myself, is the answer to the Jets decades long void at QB.  As SAR I pointed out, in true Jets fashion, it would be a kid that few expect to succeed that will finally be the guy. 

As a 37 year season ticket holder, I'm at the point where I don't care if it's Mr.Ed, the dictator of North Korea or Homer Simpson, as long as we finally find a true, franchise QB.

People, Coach Bowles announces the decision, but the decision is made collectively with the offensive coaching staff and the GM .  That is why the man always tells us he has to watch the film and talk to his coaching staff before he makes any decisions .

Archived