Lupz27

Pat Mahomes II

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I wasn't saying I want it to be Trubisky, I'm just saying I think the only QB the Jets would consider taking is Trubisky.  I personally think it's Sanchez 2.0.  If you been reading the boards the only QB I endorse for the Jets to draft this year is Mahomes.

I am with you... i do not want Trubisky... why the hell are people all over him? short passes, usually late or behind receiver

54 minutes ago, legler82 said:

I find the term "project" as bullsh*t.  It's so loosely used nowadays, that it seems every QB prospect short of being Andrew Luck is labelled as such.  I don't see how anyone can look at Mahomes and label him a "project".  Gunslinger, gambler at times, not fundamentally sound yes, but a "project", really?  To me that's lazy evaluating.  Like I argued ad nauseam about Mariota prior to his draft, footwork, is a vastly overrated.  It's a taught skill not a talent.  What one should be evaluating are a QB's feet; are they quick, nimble, agile, coordinated...etc.  I equate it to forming a dance group and deciding between a guy with no rhythm but knows the choreography vs. the guy with great rhythm who hasn't been taught the steps yet.  Hmm, give me that latter all day everyday, you keep the stiff.

Intangibles like, character, intelligence and leadership aside, on football talent alone lumping Mahomes with the likes of Petty and Hackenberg is an insult to him and anyone with eyes.  The kid is a natural, our beloved projects are not.

boom

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

I'm a fan of Mahones but I really can't see our front office taking him. Admittedly, he will need time to adjust to the pro game.  Problem is after resigning Fitz and taking Petty and Hack, they really don't have anything to show.  If they take another QB, it's not going to be someone that will need time.  It will be someone like Trubisky, who will be able to play sooner.

Not saying that's what I would do, just based on all the heat that Mac and Bowles are under now.  If they take Mahones early in the draft, he is either going to have to play right away or they are going to Destroyed.

Truubisky. Is going to be a mistake. Not a personal attack on you I just see, well nothing promising

So if they will take a QB at 6.  Just take Watson and f* it. 

56 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I never said I wanted Trubisky.  In fact, I wouldn't take a QB in this draft at all.  But looking at the team's current make up, it wouldn't shock me if they took him.

There are at least two QBs most likely coming out in 2018 that are better than anything we could get in this draft.

Darnold and Rosen, but will we be that bad???? Not with our luck

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Pcola said:

We will be bad enough but we will win one game too many.  

lol, probably

After the house cleaning Mac to this point and with more potentially coming I would be okay with Mahomes II or Watson. Thanks to @Lupz27 he has become a guy I want us to seriously consider. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Almost slipped on the jizz on the way in here....

Important reading material here from the guy who's probably more respected than anyone in draft-media when it comes to QBs especially. Need to respect the "Can't project a QB based on ability to make plays outside of structure"... comment.

I am not trying to start anything, but this is the same Greg Cosell who said he would take RG3 over Luck.

We all know QB evaluators are all over the map, and usually all say the same thing to cover their @$$, " player X, needs time to learn and develop... has a lot of upside if he can sit and learn for a year". 

I do not think the JETS should take Mahomes at 6... but if they were to trade into the back of the first or trade back into the end of the 1st I wouldn't lose my mind. 

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not sure what you're point is - that no one is 100%? Coswell has a voice that people respect - cherry picking is for the birds. Beyond that - the point of that article is to shed some light on the reasons why there's lots of risk with Mahomes. The tiger-beat club here has been down right ridiculous in minimizing the concerns in his game.

Will he end up as an instant bust? I dunno. Hopefully not. He certainly sounds like a good kid who wants to do it right.

But so what? 

He has as horrible habits as there is possible, and almost none of the "highlights" translate to the NFL. I wouldn't touch him before round 3. 

yes that was basically my point. The concerns to Mahomes game are real, but Cossell, like most evaluators tend to sound like a broken record.

I am not saying we should draft him. I am saying I wouldn't lose my mind if we did. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2017 at 8:46 AM, sourceworx said:

I'd be pretty happy with taking Mike Williams at #6, and then packaging our second round pick with Sheldon to move back into the first to get Mahomes. 

I would be okay with getting Mahomes, and if we could do it in the scenario above that would be great. 

17 hours ago, Mecca said:

At the end of the day, you can make reads or you can't. This guy is like a 6'5 Manziel playing QB. He's fun to watch and has intriguing measurables, but QB is a position you need pocket awareness and the ability to make reads in the NFL. 

I don't get the Manziel comparisons with Mahomes other than he is mobile enough to escape. He doesn't prefer to run. I don't feel he is a careless as Manziel. The better comparison is literally Brett Favre in college. 

I didn't like Manziel coming out of A&M, but I do like Mahomes as a QB prospect. Get his footwork under control and bring him along slowly, similar to Russell Wilson and I think you have a top 10 QB in 3-4 Years. My opinion and I am prepared to get blasted for saying it. I could be wrong.

I loved Wilson when he was coming out, same with Mariota, and Derek Carr, I also like Paxton Lynch... so what do I know.   

I hope he is a JET in a few days.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mahomes is either gonna be horrible or an all star. I dont see a middle ground for him. Im scared to draft him in the first, and equally as scared for one of our rivals to get him and watch him light it up.

I say draft him and lets find out.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

New Jets fan draft slogan for 2017:

Cahones for Mahomes.

If Mac drafts him. Ill give him credit for having a huge set of balls.

ha, yeah it would be gutsy, but who doesn't have risk at QB in this draft? they all do so take the kid with all the high level physical tools that does more on the field than most people think.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company