#### New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

It is game day. Last week my game thread got the Jets back on track. Geno is gone and Fitz is back for now. The Jets are facing the Browns so it shouldn't matter if Bilal Powell is at QB.

There is one thing we want you to do Fitz. Win.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Costello of the NY Post has tempered my enthusiasm:

Everything on paper says the Jets should win this game, but I don’t like the vibe around the Jets right now. The quarterback uncertainty, the injuries and the feeling that some guys have packed it in. Browns pull off the upset.

Browns 21, Jets 20

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Brian Costello of the NY Post has tempered my enthusiasm:

Everything on paper says the Jets should win this game, but I don’t like the vibe around the Jets right now. The quarterback uncertainty, the injuries and the feeling that some guys have packed it in. Browns pull off the upset.

Browns 21, Jets 20

Yes, a couple of writers are picking the Browns. I understand their trepidation.  An inaccurate QB can even make a bad secondary look good, turnover-wise.  And turnovers are the only way we lose. If we were to commit no turnovers and lose this game, I would be thoroughly amazed.

Jets at Cleveland 

One cannot simply watch Jets at Cleveland and NOT think of Mark Gastineau. The replay of that play in one's mind, like death, is inevitable. 

I wish I could go back in time and have a conversation with my 16 year-old self and stop the tears. Stop the pain. Heal the broken heart.

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I do not feel good about this game at all. The Browns have nothing to lose and Cleveland has some serious mojo going on right now. 

Agreed. Home game. Cleveland has lost some close games. Jets are really banged up. I'd give Cleveland the edge here. I don't care if they haven't won a game. Jets come out flat and it's going to be a long day. Cleveland is not the worst team in the NFL, despite their record.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Agreed. Home game. Cleveland has lost some close games. Jets are really banged up. I'd give Cleveland the edge here. I don't care if they haven't won a game. Jets come out flat and it's going to be a long day. Cleveland is not the worst team in the NFL, despite their record.

I think many are underestimating just how bad the Browns are. Even when they have played well this year ( Miami game for example ) they literally find a way to lose every time. 31st ranked rush defense, jets will run the ball, control the clock and win. 

JOe Caporoso brought this up. The Jets may be the 7th best team in the AFC.

Behind: Steelers, Patriots and the whole AFC West.

In front of Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Cleveland, Bengals, Ravens

The only teams I would question are Tennessee and Cincy.

Point being, the AFC is mediocre

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I dont even know if Cleveland fans are going to be caring about this game today, knowing what's going on tonight.

The only way Cleveland wins this game is if Fitzpatrick and crew make some mistakes. I think if both teams play well, the Jets will win

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I dont even know if Cleveland fans are going to be caring about this game today, knowing what's going on tonight.

The only way Cleveland wins this game is if Fitzpatrick and crew make some mistakes. I think if both teams play well, the Jets will win

Tickets are on sale for 13 dollars, no enthusiasm for this browns game from Cleveland fans. They only care about one thing right now and rightfully so 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Joe Caporoso brought this up. The Jets may be the 7th best team in the AFC.

Behind: Steelers, Patriots and the whole AFC West.

In front of Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Cleveland, Bengals, Ravens

The only teams I would question are Tennessee and Cincy.

Point being, the AFC is mediocre

Jets go 5-5.  Two weeks to prepare for the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.  Pull off the stunning upset.  With a nice 5 game winning streak as confidence, things get very interesting from there:

Colts
@ 49ers
Dolphins
@ Patriots
Bills

If anyone had the Jets at 10 or 11 wins back in July, well, here's the schedule that partially supported that theory.

SAR I

2 hours ago, ljr said:

There can't be a 5-5 without a 3-5 first.

come on you green & white mother-f*ckers!!!!!

I admire your optimism.  We need to go 8-1 to get to 10 wins and a likely wildcard berth.

Please, just beat these bums today.  Don't embarrass us more than you have done already.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I admire your optimism.  We need to go 8-1 to get to 10 wins and a likely wildcard berth.

Please, just beat these bums today.  Don't embarrass us more than you have done already.

What I find embarrassing is that there are still fans actually discussing a wildcard spot.

I really hope Cleveland wins today, for the greater good.

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Tickets are on sale for 13 dollars, no enthusiasm for this browns game from Cleveland fans. They only care about one thing right now and rightfully so 

That seems about right... I wouldn't go for $13. Even if someone paid me $100, still wouldn't go. 

My price would be if someone paid me $200.

Archived