#### New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

JOe Caporoso brought this up. The Jets may be the 7th best team in the AFC.

Behind: Steelers, Patriots and the whole AFC West.

In front of Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Cleveland, Bengals, Ravens

The only teams I would question are Tennessee and Cincy.

Point being, the AFC is mediocre

We were the 7th best team last year, too. What did that get us? 

ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets inactives: QB Christian Hackenberg, CB Buster Skrine, LB Darron Lee, LB Bruce Carter, C Nick Mangold, T Brent Qvale and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins. This solves the backup QB mystery: It's Bryce Petty. DE Mo Wilkerson and LT Ryan Clady, both listed as questionable, are active. RT Breno Giacomini will start. Julian Stanford, Marcus Williams and Wes Johnson start for Lee, Skrine and Mangold, respectively.

4 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I feel dirty saying this but disappointed Wilk is playing.... Means we probably go back to 4-3 and continue to misuse personnel...

Excited about Petty though.  I would like to see him sooner rather then later.

I don't get why we cant play a 3-4 defense and have McClendon sub in and out. Not sure why they don't do that, unless I'm just missing something entirely. 

I'm worried that McCown can easily pick apart our defense and I'm certain he'll pick up over 200 yards. The key is not to give up big plays. Corey Coleman is inactive today and hasn't played since week 2 (broken hand). So if you asked me a key to the game it would again be the play of the secondary followed closely by the kind of a pass rush we can put on McCown. As for offense I think again it will be conservative. They aren't going to throw 40-50 times unless they get behind. So no. 3 in terms of importance is the play of the O-line. I'm confident Forte can play well if he gets holes. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I don't get why we cant play a 3-4 defense and have McClendon sub in and out. Not sure why they don't do that, unless I'm just missing something entirely. 

nope, don't think you are missing anything.  I feel the same way.  Its still not idea but you can sub leo and mcclendon at nt, and keep wilk and richardson on the ends.  I guess they don't like the idea of taking leo off the field.  I mean all 4 of these guys are interchangeable so I see no reason to not sub all of them throughout the game in a 3-4 and only play a 4-3 when it feel necessary.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'm worried that McCown can easily pick apart our defense and I'm certain he'll pick up over 200 yards. The key is not to give up big plays. Corey Coleman is inactive today and hasn't played since week 2 (broken hand). So if you asked me a key to the game it would again be the play of the secondary followed closely by the kind of a pass rush we can put on McCown. As for offense I think again it will be conservative. They aren't going to throw 40-50 times unless they get behind. So no. 3 in terms of importance is the play of the O-line. I'm confident Forte can play well if he gets holes. 

I see McCown moving on our defense on their opening drive, he'll start strong but will either disappear or get injured which is what he does best.  If he stays healthy this game and stays sharp then yes he definitely can pick us apart.  Who covers Duke Johnson today?  I know people like to sh*t on Lee but our coverage and speed gets worse with him off the field.

7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

nope, don't think you are missing anything.  I feel the same way.  Its still not idea but you can sub leo and mcclendon at nt, and keep wilk and richardson on the ends.  I guess they don't like the idea of taking leo off the field.  I mean all 4 of these guys are interchangeable so I see no reason to not sub all of them throughout the game in a 3-4 and only play a 4-3 when it feel necessary.

Good to know I'm on to something lol didn't we play a 3-4 last year with snacks ? 

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Good to know I'm on to something lol didn't we play a 3-4 last year with snacks ? 

Absolutely we did.  I mean we always play a hybrid so you do see 4-3 looks.  Just seems liek this year they tried to get cute and go dominantly 4-3 and its not working out.  Feels like steering the titanic sometimes with Bowles stubbornness to relinquish what doesn't work.

Archived