#### New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I still think he is a bad coach and would not be heart broken if he was let go. I don't know who would be a good replacement so I'll leave that to the GM. Also, It's not like we fire coaches every year either. Rex was here 6 years.

Understand the Rex point, but potential candidates won't look at that way.  Recent history says Woody has a quick trigger finger.  Makes the GM's job a lot harder.  The big fish aren't leaving their comfy broadcast jobs and that means Macc would likely be picking from a cast of fired retreads or the bottom of the barrel rookie HC candidates.  

There is one guy I wouldn't mind seeing hired if he gets fired and even then, I don't know if I'd prefer him over Todd.  That's Bill O'Brien.  Familiarity with Hackenberg and Macc, Offensive minded but doesn't ignore the defense (just has had some bad luck w/ injuries), playoff experience, previous HC experience.  He's a no nonsense coach who has been saddled with an AWFUL GM and whispers around that team going back to spring were that Bill wanted no part of Osweiler and Smith overruled him.  

I know people here won't agree with this, but I'll at least throw a name out there for sake of discussion.  He's probably the best of the guys we'll have to choose from if Bowles is fired. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mogglez said:

Understand the Rex point, but potential candidates won't look at that way.  Recent history says Woody has a quick trigger finger.  Makes the GM's job a lot harder.  The big fish aren't leaving their comfy broadcast jobs and that means Macc would likely be picking from a cast of fired retreads or the bottom of the barrel rookie HC candidates.  

There is one guy I wouldn't mind seeing hired if he gets fired and even then, I don't know if I'd prefer him over Todd.  That's Bill O'Brien.  Familiarity with Hackenberg and Macc, Offensive minded but doesn't ignore the defense (just has had some bad luck w/ injuries), playoff experience, previous HC experience.  He's a no nonsense coach who has been saddled with an AWFUL GM and whispers around that team going back to spring were that Bill wanted no part of Osweiler and Smith overruled him.  

I know people here won't agree with this, but I'll at least throw a name out there for sake of discussion.  He's probably the best of the guys we'll have to choose from if Bowles is fired. 

Houston will have to fire him, and right now they are 5-3

What we're so far proving is that we can't beat the better teams but can beat the fair to mediocre teams but it's not easy with them, either. I mean Brady will carve us up but we could beat Tannehill, I think. As for Rex we have one more game left with him. We've won two in a row and they've lost two in a row. Things do change. Do you still want him back? 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Houston will have to fire him, and right now they are 5-3

I understand that but a lot can happen. There were whispers that the owner was getting fed up down there last year and that have carried over into this season.  He wants a playoff win and anything less could mean a clean house.  If you fire Rick Smith, I have to imagine O'Brien is gone too to avoid a Rex/Idzik situation and the Osweiler deal + overall state of the team doesn't bode well for Smith right now.  He's not liked at all down there. 

Kinda makes my point even more though if O'Brien is retained.  Then the pickings got that much worse.  If Jay Gruden is out in Washington that would be the consensus "best" choice, and I want no part of that pudgy f*cker near my team.  His brother?  Coo.  Not happening though.

51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Dude, its two scores either way

50 minutes ago, ylekram said:

yes. they played it right. 11 points is enough against Cleveland.  shouldnt be played any different

No. Should've tried harder to score 7 like good teams do. Not saying we should've gone for it on 4th.

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Even if they get the onside kick, they have only 12 seconds

That's why there's a big diff between needing a FG or a TD after an onside kick. Simple math. 

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

No. Should've tried harder to score 7 like good teams do. Not saying we should've gone for it on 4th.

That's why there's a big diff between needing a FG or needing a TD after an onside kick. Simple math. 

unfortunately, the jets are not a good team. they played it right, for a change. get used to it

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the running game sucks b/c the best defense vs. the jets is to stack the box and force fitz to throw.

my point is that they suck more without Mangold. It was more obvious when Mangold went out hurt. The OL is not great; Mangold dropping out seems to have hurt the OL push a bit.

3 hours ago, ylekram said:

unfortunately, the jets are not a good team. they played it right, for a change. get used to it

Get used to what - playing lousy against bottomfeeder teams? First and goal at CLE 8. 

A FG became the "right" thing after they failed to do what they should've done and were left with no other choice.

Get used to it.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe Namath my hero tweeted this during the game yesterday!!!!!!!

Who thinks we should see Bryce Petty start the 2nd half? I know I do. It hurts to say this, but we're not goin anywhere with Fitzpatrick.

You spelled your hero's name wrong in your username.

I hope the anonymous source who you pretend IMs you when I quote you finds time to relay this.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You spelled your hero's name wrong in your username.

I hope the anonymous source who you pretend IMs you when I quote you finds time to relay this.

He's Joe I'm Willy nothing wrong there.......DUH

They did and we are both LOLing at you.....

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe Namath my hero tweeted this during the game yesterday!!!!!!!

Who thinks we should see Bryce Petty start the 2nd half? I know I do. It hurts to say this, but we're not goin anywhere with Fitzpatrick.

Namath also repeatedly said Geno sucks but I guess you missed that.

Namath: "Nothing to me is outstanding about Geno smith"

Just now, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Please stop and save yourself further embarrassment.

Geno Smith is to Jet QBs what Rich Kotite is to Jet head coaches

In your opinion, who leads the NFL in INT's your boy toy man crush Ryan Fitzpatrick did you grow a beard and buy a Fitz jersey too. 

Archived